• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Why We Can't Trust What Obama Says About His Religion

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by pennmark, Mar 5, 2011.

1. JoyJuice

JoyJuice Senior Veteran

+453
    Agnostic
    US-Others
    I have no doubt Muslims take the words of Muhammed seriously, but just like Christians they understand certain instructions dealt with certain timeframes and events. For example, there is reason why Christians are not running to their representatives to have them change laws to forbid the marriage of divorced women even though Jesus says not to do it and calls it a sin. Time and place; as there is reason why we don't have 1.5 billion Wahhabists....just like we don't have millions of Christian snake charmers per Mark.

2. JustMeSee

JustMeSee Contributor

+262
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    US-Others
    What is a real Christian?
    I hear this a great deal, but have failed to be informed as to the exact criteria.

3. JustMeSee

JustMeSee Contributor

+262
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    US-Others
    Wow, now the virus protection companies like McAfee and Norton are in on the conspiracy?

This is really big.

4. JustMeSee

JustMeSee Contributor

+262
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    US-Others
    Coming from the guy with the doctored photograph. I read something about bearing false witness. Where was it?

5. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+15,993
    Christian
    Married
    I suspect it has a lot to do with whether or not you agree with what ever position the person making that statement agrees/disagrees with. :wave:
    tulc(is a suspicious kind of guy) :cool:

6. JustMeSee

JustMeSee Contributor

+262
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    US-Others
    Wow, be careful of the stone throwing. I personally question some of the fruit on your side of the fence.

7. JustMeSee

JustMeSee Contributor

+262
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    US-Others
    Huh? You are making stuff up. What babies are he killing?

Are you talking about war or the legality of abortion?

8. Notamonkey

Notamonkey Member

+51
    Nazarene
    Married
    US-Republican
    There is no time frame for war against the unbeliever. There is no time frame on marriage or devorce is the bible. Jihad is open-ended and applied to all unbelievers. Jesus didn't take part in battles, Muhammad took part in 27. You can try to compare the two as being similar, but they are exact opposites.

9. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+15,993
    Christian
    Married
    So...as Christians which of the two do you think we should emulate? :confused:
    tulc(just wondering) :wave:

10. Notamonkey

Notamonkey Member

+51
    Nazarene
    Married
    US-Republican
    Islamic text and the subject of politics:
    Hadith-37%
    Sira-81%
    Qur'an-64%
    Trilogy-64%

Political Islam

11. Notamonkey

Notamonkey Member

+51
    Nazarene
    Married
    US-Republican
    See that lil' yellow dove around the lil cross?:thumbsup:

12. lux et lex

lux et lex light and law

+159
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Then don't you find it hypocritical and unChristlike to keep funding wars? Isn't going to battle (in your line of thought) becoming more Islamic by the day?

13. Notamonkey

Notamonkey Member

+51
    Nazarene
    Married
    US-Republican
    There is a time for everything, even war. That is biblical. You find it hypocritical because you don't know God's word on this subject at least. Islam says war is justified against all unbelievers. How is that in my line of thought? I find it hypocritical when people say that all war is wrong but have no problem killing babies in the womb and are against the death penalty for the worst of the worst.

14. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    The stonings and finger choppings begin when they have control.

15. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    If you argue for Muhammed at the expense of Jesus, you're not a Christian. Jesus said if you deny him in front of men, he'll deny you.

16. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    Wasn't he one of the staunchest pro-abortion politicians in the Congress? I reckon one of the best ways to wage war against western civilization would be to encourage the people to kill their own babies.

17. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    This thread has deviated way off topic. I wanted to discuss whether or not we could trust what Obama says about his religion. I haven't read anything to convince me we can.

18. JoyJuice

JoyJuice Senior Veteran

+453
    Agnostic
    US-Others
    Dear person with a Catholic symbol next to their name, no religion is innocent when they have control.

19. JoyJuice

JoyJuice Senior Veteran

+453
    Agnostic
    US-Others
    Hold on a second. If you are Christian and believe the Trinity true, then Jesus as God in flesh but has always been God in the begining did indeed place rather oppresive measures on marriage; and did very much take part in battles including placing plagues on Israel because the neglected to whack the children of their enemies.

They are VERY similar, even though Muhammad is not viewed as God.

20. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+7,603
    Agnostic
    Married

I have not read anything that convinces me we should trust anything you say about your religion and we are communicating first hand. Seems to me Obama's religion is between him and whatever gods he might believe in. Trying to ascertain his beliefs third hand does not strike me as a particularly fruitful endeavor.