• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Why We Can't Trust What Obama Says About His Religion

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by pennmark, Mar 5, 2011.

1. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    A few weeks ago I submitted this letter to my local small town newspaper. They refused to print it, I assume it was too inflammatory for them. I thought I would post it here, and see what you folks think. Here goes:

February 16, 2011

To the Editor:

There has been a lot of controversy swirling around about President Obama's religion, with some 20 percent or thereabouts of the American public believing he is a Muslim. This is in spite of numerous emphatic statements by himself, his staff, and other public figures claiming he is a Christian. Of course, only he knows what his faith is at heart. But the unfortunate truth about this situation is that we cannot trust what he says, and there are several reasons why.

First off, President Obama has already been caught lying about this subject. He has said "I've always been a Christian" and "I have never been a Muslim". But in Islam, religion passes from father to child, and Obama's father was a muslim. He was named Barack Hussein Obama, and only Muslim children are named "Hussein". Obama's Indonesian stepfather, Lolo Soetoro, was also a muslim. Obama's stepsister, Maya Soetoro-Ng, once said "My whole family was muslim, and most of the people I knew were muslim". Barack was enrolled as a muslim in the schools he went to while living in Indonesia. In his autobiography, "Dreams of My Father", Obama revealed his muslim faith by describing how he got into trouble for making faces during Koranic studies. Indonesian students in Obama's time attended religious classes according to their faith.

The second reason we can't trust Obama is that in Islam there is a dogma known as "Al-taqiyya". What it means is that muslim's are allowed to lie if the lying advances the cause of Islam. Muslims are even permitted to feign apostasy (recant Islam) if needed to protect themselves or secretly conduct jihad against non-muslims.

Some of you may ask: "If Obama is a muslim, what does it matter? There is no religious test for the Presidency. And besides, isn't Islam a religion of peace?" I think I'll avoid arguing the subject, and just let the sayings of the Prophet Muhammed speak for Islam himself. Here are a few juicy quotes from the "prophet" that you should ruminate over for a while:

Quran(9:123)- "O you who believe! Fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find you in hardness (ruthlessness)."

Tabari(9:69)- "Killing unbelievers is a small matter to us."

Bukhari(8:387)- "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.'"

Bukhari(52:220)- "I have been made victorious with terror."

Quran(3:151)- "Soon we shall cast terror into the hearts of the unbelievers, for they have joined companions with Allah, for which he had sent no authority." (This is a direct reference to the Holy Trinity.)

Quran(9:30)- "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; These are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; May Allah destroy them; How they are turned away!"

Quran(8:12)- "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them."

Pretty much says it all, doesn't it? If you would like to read more about the "Religion of Peace", please visit (a link to the Religion of Peace website that I can't put here because I don't have at least 50 posts).

My personal opinion is that Islam was satanically inspired. The advancement of Islam relies a great deal on murdering and lying. Jesus described Satan as being a murderer and the "father of lies" (John 8:44).

Because of Islam's inherently decietful and antagonistic nature, it is not appropriate for a christian nation to have a muslim leader. America can accurately be described as Judeo-Christian, and because of Obama's Muslim past, he is not suitable to be our President. He may not be a bad man, but it is impossible for us to trust his religion.

Mark Penn

There it is. What do you think?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Ton80

Ton80 Well-Known Member

+78
    Christian
    Private
    The United States government allows people of all religions to participate without any religious tests. In conclusion, a politicians religion is of no consequence in regards to their job. Only an attempt to establish an official religion by a government official should be questioned and stopped.

However, this continued attack on one man's religious affiliation is quite disturbing.

What do I think? I think these types of accusations are no more than bloviating.

3. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,721
    Agnostic
    Single
    20% of Americans believe X doesn't mean X is justified.

20% of Americans believe in real which-craft.

Three in Four Americans Believe in Paranormal

20% of Americans believe the sun revolves around the earth.

New Poll Gauges Americans' General Knowledge Levels

You think Obama is a secret Muslim.

4. Notamonkey

Notamonkey Member

+51
    Nazarene
    Married
    US-Republican
    It's "Dreams From My Father" not "of". Meaning he wants to carry on his father's dreams. Obama has shown he doesn't know squat about Islam. He doesn't act like a Muslim who is using taqiyya. He acts more like a secular humanist than anything else really.

5. lux et lex

lux et lex light and law

+159
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Who cares what his religion is. I don't.

6. Christos Anesti

Christos Anesti Junior Member

+252
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    The Muslims have already taken over the United States! His health care program was a front for imposing Shariah law on Americans. I even heard he was an Egyptian and wanted to turn the White House into a pyramid.

I didn't vote for Obama. I don't think he is the greatest president. This stuff is just absurd though. The Islamic boogie man didn't take over. Can't people find actual policies to disagree with him over rather than this tinfoil hat stuff?

7. laconicstudent

laconicstudent Well-Known Member

+655
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Yes, well, openly discriminatory letters generally don't get printed. :doh:

And it was rather pointless. So what if he's a Muslim? It would be perfectly legal; who cares?

8. Christos Anesti

Christos Anesti Junior Member

+252
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I think Republicans are actually Muslims too. When they say they aren't you can't trust them because Muslims practice taqiya / dissimulation. In fact when they say they are not Muslims it's just evidence that they actually are. Be warned the Muslims secretly control both of our political parties.:sorry:

9. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+15,554
    Christian
    Married
    Welcome to CF! :wave:
    tulc(hopes you have fun here!) :)

10. blueapplepaste

blueapplepaste the purpose of life is a life of purpose

+751
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Welcome to CF!

But I don't think your letter has much merit if any at all.

11. Chris81

Chris81 Servant to Christ

+226
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    ^_^ Yeah and I had also heard that Obama plans on replacing the presidential limousine with a flying carpet! ^_^

12. JoyJuice

JoyJuice Senior Veteran

+453
    Agnostic
    US-Others
    One reason I could never be conservative is I would have to have an itemized list of all the phobias I have to maintain.

13. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,735
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    You and a few other hundred people sent hundreds of letters, so what?

Then don't writhe inflammatory letters.

14. Grizzly

Grizzly Enemy of Christmas Supporter

+1,612
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    You do make a pretty compelling point. It's hard to back a movement that contains so many irrational fears.

1) Obama is a muslim.
    2) Obama took over GM so he could use Onstar to track Americans.
    3) Obama is going to take away our guns.
    4) Obama is going to arrest Americans and round them up into FEMA camps.
    5) Obama wants to create death panels so he can kill Sarah Palin's baby.

Did I miss any?

15. JoyJuice

JoyJuice Senior Veteran

+453
    Agnostic
    US-Others
    Obama secretly really hates America.

16. lordbt

lordbt $

+934
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    Not sure how you can just dismiss this one out of hand. You dont think it is mere coincidence that both Onstar and Obama begin with the letter 'O' do you?

17. Gishin

Gishin Well-Known Member

+238
    Atheist
    Married
    You just blew my mind.

18. RedDead1981

RedDead1981 Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    Al I read was 'eek! He has a funny name and his parents didn't come from europe!'

19. RedDead1981

RedDead1981 Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    eegads! How could we have been so blind?

20. Notamonkey

Notamonkey Member

+51
    Nazarene
    Married
    US-Republican
    Ok, Notamonkey, wonders why tulc always ends his posts with a third person reference.:D