Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
- Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
- Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
- Access to private conversations with other members.
- Less Advertisements! Members see fewer ads and have the option to upgrade their account to ad free!
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
Hey all (AV the copyright cheque for the title is in the mail...)
In a recent conversation with a church leader he expressed the idea that as an atheist I simply can't understand scripture as accurately as he does. He pointed out that Jesus taught in parables explicitly to preclude understanding by some segment of his audience. I have hear this same claim from other believers as well and so.... Your mission, should you choose to accept it...
Present me with a section of scripture that...
"22 Unless those days had been cut short, no [j]life would have been saved; but for the sake of the [k]elect those days will be cut short." Mt. 24:22 (NASB)
There are now 7.6 billion people on planet earth, meaning that Christ is saying that every single one of them would die had those days not been cut short. That means that some catastrophe of incredible magnitude is coming on this planet. There are other statements to this effect as well. I think that many have forgotten about the...
God has informed me that the end times, can not be prevented all together, but "can be", "postponed", it's not too late right now anyways, to be avoided and postponed for a later time...
What does all this talk, and those creating all this panic about the end times...? Where is all that "getting us"...? Those spreading "fear" in the name of "righteousness"... That kind of behavior and those listening to ones doing this, will get us nowhere...
People who genuinely care about others, those...
I posted this in my introduction thread (link below) and decided to move it here:
Starting from scratch...
1. My biggest question would be how exactly Jesus' death on the cross atoned for the sins of humanity. This has stumped me for a long time and I feel it's a huge road block. What confuses me is why God would send his only son to Earth as a sacrifice on behalf of humanity when He was the one demanding the sacrifice in the first place. It always sounds to me like He basically made a...
Judges 11:29-40 says,
29Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he passed over Gilead, and Manasseh, and passed over Mizpeh of Gilead, and from Mizpeh of Gilead he passed over unto the children of Ammon.
30And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands,
31Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely...
I really mean no harm at all in this question, and if I word it wrong I apologize. I pray straight to Jesus. So Ive seen the movies where there are people who go to confession, where they sit in this little booth and tell the (priest/father?) their sins.....does that mean that they think/feel their sins are forgiven once they admit them in this confession booth? I do not know the proper name for it. And I know Mary was the mother of Jesus, but do you pray to her, or pray thru her? And what...
Page 1 of 116