Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
- Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
- Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
- Access to private conversations with other members.
- Less Advertisements! Members see fewer ads and have the option to upgrade their account to ad free!
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
- Jul 27, 2009
- Trophy Points:
- Positive Ratings:
- Retired Speech/Language Pathologist
YHWH's, Female, from Ohio
Well I pray you get the rides you need. If you're curious on deliverance, I can send a fairly short synopsis on what I learned in books. Aug 5, 2015
There are no messages on LoricaLady's profile yet.
- Retired Speech/Language Pathologist
- Messianic. or, as I prefer, Torah observant
- Praying, Posting information on the persecuted believers for others' prayers
- Fav. Books:
- Scriptures, Creation Facts of Life by Dr. Gary Parker
- Fav. Verse:
- 2 Chronicles 7:14
- Life View:
- Baptism Date:
- Bible Version:
- Amplified or The Scriptures put out by Messianics in S. Africa
- End Times View:
- Marital Status:
- Fav. Hymn/ Worship Song:
- I know my Redeemer Lives
- Current Prayer Requests:
- For the salvation of my family and friends.
- Origin of the Life View:
- Young Earth Creation
- Date accepted Christ / Years as a Christian:
Retired speech/language pathologist
- Personal Testimony - How I became a Christian:
I started out as a smart aleck, know it all, atheist/agnostic. But when I got really desperate (because I knew in my heart there was an Almighty) I would pray. Sometimes I got literally miraculous results with the prayers! Eventually I started having spiritual experiences leading me to become a Christian.
I came to this faith in an RCC Cursillo, "little course", or retreat.
However, as time went by I began to see that the RCC, and Protestantism, too, however well meaning, however sincerely wanting to be "Bible believing", however much they loved Messiah, were often not really conforming to the Bible. The celebration of Easter and Christmas, sometimes even Halloween, were just two examples of this.
I am not Jewish but became Messianic, or Torah observant as I prefer. (Most Messianics are not Jewish btw.) The Messiah affirmed the "Old" Testament. When He talked about love laws, He was not replacing the Mosaic Law. He had just been asked which laws were the most important, not which ones were done away with.
If we love Abba we will obey the commands that relate to Him and if we love others we will obey the commands that relate to them. That is why all "the law and the prophets" as He said "hang on" love. Messiah said the Law and the Prophets would last, to the smallest mark, until Heaven and earth pass away.
Psalm 119 Ministries' vids, especially The Pauline Paradox, have been quite helpful to me.
Another big spiritual change for me was discovering evolution is pure pseudo science. If you Google Quotes Showing The Credulity Of Evolutionists you will see Nobel Prize winning scientists, many other secular scientists, and even some world famous evolutionists (!) admitting there is no evidence for evolution.
Art, apologetics, pets
SignaturePer Hebrews 13:3 please "Remember those in prison" on this forum: http://www.christianforums.com/forums/christian-persecution.212/
James, Messiah's brother, speaking to Paul, Acts 21: Therefore do just what we tell you.. Thus everybody will know that there is no truth in what they have been told about you, but that you yourself walk in observance of the Law.