• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Why We Can't Trust What Obama Says About His Religion

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by pennmark, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Chris81

Chris81 Servant to Christ

+226
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    What do you have against Gadfly? He is not a muslim nor does he rule over Libya, he is a conservative methodist on this forum who has only advanced Christianity. I like Gadfly and value his contributions to this forum!

2. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    If the leader of the Muslim Brotherhood or the Ayatollah of Iran issued a fatwa against Obama, maybe then I'd believe his apostasy. That would never happen though, for obvious reasons.

3. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    No, I take that back. If Obama reversed his opinion on America being a Christian nation, and if he turned against abortionists and homosexual activists, and if he actually tried defending America and the western world, then I would believe him.:wave:

4. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    I was talking about crazy kadahfi.

5. Chris81

+226
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Try again, you still do not have the correct spelling!

6. If Not For Grace

If Not For Grace Legend-but then so's Keith Richards

+1,952
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    [​IMG]I have nothing to add:D

7. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+10,623
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    The correct spelling is in Arabic, which few here could understand anyway. The English spelling is just phonetic with sounds we don't have.

Of course, it would be nice if he used one of the more accepted, standardized spellings.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  8. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+10,623
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    They don't care if Christians commit apostasy.

9. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+1,946
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    I think your giving Obama to much credit. He hasn't shown any Muslim tendencies, and even if he has he hasn't acted on them in his duties. If anything he has continued to support some of the Christian supporting policies of his predecessor.

And if you think the USA should be worried about democracy appearing in the middle east just because it may not like us, then I don't think you really want to live in a democracy.

10. Chris81

+226
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    True but those us who have been following the news about the Libyan uprising we have recognized his name as spelled Gaddafi in all of the english language media that has thus been reported.

11. JoyJuice

JoyJuice Senior Veteran

+453
    Agnostic
    US-Others
    Yes, a manual on how to torture people. You can defend it, but again it remains a nasty past of the church once in power.

12. lux et lex

lux et lex light and law

+159
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Democrat
    BAHHAHAHAHAHA ^_^

13. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    If he left his Islamic faith to become Christian, it would make him an apostate of Islam. Muhammed said to kill anyone who leaves his Muslim faith. See how wonderful Muhammed was?

Its not Obama's fault that he was born a slave to Islam. But he was, and there is nothing we can do about it.

Except maybe send Muhammed's teachings back to hell whence they came.

14. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    A manual on how to torture people, and you bought it?:)

15. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    Democracy isn't always the answer. Just look at the hateful government the Palestinians voted for. Some of our country's founders said that when people are immoral and vicious, they need to have masters over them. If people are bad, they'll vote for a bad government.

16. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    Laugh while you're still allowed to, Lexie. Some of those talibanies would slap you pretty hard for that one. ;)

17. HerbieHeadley

HerbieHeadley North American Energy Independence Now!

+1,042
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
  18. Blackwater Babe

Blackwater Babe Well-Known Member

+224
    Catholic
    US-Libertarian
    When/where did Muhammed say such a thing?

19. Blackwater Babe

Blackwater Babe Well-Known Member

+224
    Catholic
    US-Libertarian
    "Still" allowed to?

20. JoyJuice

JoyJuice Senior Veteran

+453
    Agnostic
    US-Others
    Yes I did, I like Christian history, and it is very much part of Christian history. I just don't try to find a way to defend what the church does in disparagement of what other religions do.