• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Why We Can't Trust What Obama Says About His Religion

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by pennmark, Mar 5, 2011.

1. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+15,517
    Christian
    Married
    So...as opposed to Muhammad you don't believe Christians can participate in war? :confused:
    tulc(just curious) :wave:

2. lux et lex

lux et lex light and law

+159
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Again...WHO CARES...it's his religion. He has the freedom of religion, does he not? And there is no religious test for political office.

3. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+10,575
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Who here was not convinced from the existence of this thread that that was not a foregone conclusion? And for reasons that have more to do with you than with him.

Really, what could anyone say that could possibly convince you?

4. Notamonkey

Notamonkey Member

+51
    Nazarene
    Married
    US-Republican
    First of all Muhammad was a thief and a plunderer. He fought in aggressive wars to subdue and take from others and for political gain. Most of his converts in his life came from political power, not religion. By his own words recorded after his death he was one evil dude. He did every vile thing physically possible. Muhammad's biograph is found in the Sira and his traditions in the Hadith.

I think you need to refer to Ecclesiastes 3 for your answer.

5. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+15,517
    Christian
    Married
    ...uhmmm all of which has nothing to do with the question I asked. :wave:

would that be this part?
    tulc(just curious) :)

6. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    Muhammed actually sought control. Islam is more than a religion, it's a political movement. The objective is to rule the Earth and impose Sharia on everyone.

7. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    You should care, because if he used his office to advance Islam, it could lead to your eventual enslavement.

8. Chris81

Chris81 Servant to Christ

+226
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    This is news to me, when has Obama advocated Sharia Law?

9. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+1,876
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    I would care if any President used the office to push their religion. I haven't seen Obama do so.

10. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    This is a pretty contentious issue, but I think Christians can and should fight to defend themselves and others. Jesus said "turn the other cheek", but he didn't say stick your neck out so a homicidal maniac can chop it off. In one of the gospels (I can't remember which one) he instructed his apostles to arm themselves before he was arrested.

St. Thomas Aquinos once argued that God allows some sin to exist in the world to prevent greater evils. A greater evil than shooting a terrorist would be allowing the terrorist to kill innocents. Its pretty obvious throughout the New Testament that Jesus is willing to forgive us.

If good Christians didn't take up arms during WWII, the world would be controlled by Nazis today. That is something to think about.

11. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    What's really going on in the middle east right now?

12. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    Does anybody really know what is going on in the middle east right now.:confused:

13. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    There probably isn't anything anybody could say to convince me or anyone else. That's why you shouldn't be convinced yourself.

14. Chris81

Chris81 Servant to Christ

+226
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    What now Obama is orchestrating all of the uprisings in the middle east. Wow, this guy is quite powerful, now if only he could solve the problems of our economic decline!

15. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+7,441
    Agnostic
    Married
    Do you?

16. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+1,876
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    What does that have to do with the President and his religion?

17. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+10,575
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    It's apparent you didn't understand the question - what, if it were true, would convince you? What sort of thing would you find convincing?

18. JoyJuice

JoyJuice Senior Veteran

+453
    Agnostic
    US-Others
    As did Christian with crusades did in Muhammed's time. You're Catholic, the other day I bought what is essentially the Catholic's manual on how to torture people in history. The other month it came to light letters from the Catholic church itself to keep it secret children where being sexually abused by their clergy. Again, no religion is immune from the nastys once in power.

19. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single

20. pennmark

pennmark Newbie

+6
    Catholic
    Single
    Why does everyone keep saying I'm Catholic? If I was, what would be the problem with that? Manual on how to torture people? There is a problem with bad priests, but I wouldn't blame the whole Catholic church.

The problem with Islam is that the nastiness is built in. Muhammed told his followers to chop off heads, limbs, and fingers. He told them to fight against Christians, and that means fight against Jesus. How could you call yourself a Christian and then defend Muhammed?

I'll defend the crusaders. The muslims were nasty to christian pilgrims. The Jews of today are much nicer to us. Thankfully they have their homeland back. :)