• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Superstitious people

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by he-man, Aug 10, 2017.

1. he-man

he-man he-man

+288
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    My bad that was Jeroboam

2. he-man

he-man he-man

+288
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    That is from Faith on the Edge and is not what it means. The birds were Angels .

3. JESUS=G.O.A.T

JESUS=G.O.A.T Well-Known Member

+637
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    US-Others
    If you don't believe the OT but you believe the NT that's like walking in half truth. Jesus himself quoted scriptures or made refence to the OT. The OT itself predicted events such as the coming of the Messiah which took place in the NT

4. JESUS=G.O.A.T

+637
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    US-Others
    I read that before I posted my reply simply disagree with him in regards to context but I think we are just gonna all have to beg to disagree on that I guess nothing else to say

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  5. JESUS=G.O.A.T

+637
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    US-Others
    He didn't destroy all the wicked in Noah's time that's why the word wicked itself is mentioned post that time. Even post the time of people living for centuries if I remember right Noah died at the age of 950 right according to like Genesis 29 or so?

6. JESUS=G.O.A.T

+637
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    US-Others
    1 Samuel 2:6-7 6The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up. 7The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up. BUt of course if you conventionally choose to dismiss the whole OT to preserve a misconception of a soft Diety that doesn't apply.

7. JESUS=G.O.A.T

+637
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    US-Others
    There is no indication whatsoever that Job is a parable... read a parable by Jesus there is always clarification somewhere that it's a parable or he ends with a biblical principle or the purpose of the parable. Job doesn't do that. Also who said God uses the devil? All he does is let him do so/so to a person as a test or punishment he doesn't. Jesus even says Satan it is writrennyou shall worship the Lord thy God and only him shalt thy serve. Even in revelations we see how Satan serves a purpose along with the false prophet.

8. Phantasman

Phantasman Newbie

+200
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Yep. As I said. Murderer.

Samuel
    And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

For looking in an ark. Soooooo physical.

Jesus Father never killed anyone. I would never follow a god who says "thou shalt not kill" then kills. He said don't lie also. And Jesus said he was a liar.

My deity loved the world so much, he allowed his son to be murdered by this god of ignorance.

Not one word in the OT glorifies the Father of the truth Jesus taught.

9. JESUS=G.O.A.T

+637
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    US-Others
    I see what's going on here and I hate to be the one to have to break this to you but you're gonna have to accept the fact that God isn't just love... he's Holy. And sometimes God has to deal with wickedness in order to restablish holiness and sometimes that involves death. And if you believe Gods only "mean" in the OT so taking the OT out Keeps him "soft" then read romans 1:16-28. Look first of all those laws were for humans not God but additionally clearly kill isn't universal in that context because Joshua for example killed people of the enemy and God even told him too. KIll as in just randomly kill a friend or alley but clearly when it came to enemies in the OT that was a different matter... think of it like you would think of soilders who fight for our lives in the military. Additionally, further past the do not kill commandment God clarifies the fact that do not kill isn't set in stone in context by pointing out how manslaughter is dealt will be dealt with differently among 6 refuge cities. There are many passages that speak of dealing with manslaughter but I find this one explains this best.
    Joshua 20:1-6King James Version (KJV)

20 The Lord also spake unto Joshua, saying,

2 Speak to the children of Israel, saying, Appoint out for you cities of refuge, whereof I spake unto you by the hand of Moses:

3 That the slayer that killeth any person unawares and unwittingly may flee thither: and they shall be your refuge from the avenger of blood.

4 And when he that doth flee unto one of those cities shall stand at the entering of the gate of the city, and shall declare his cause in the ears of the elders of that city, they shall take him into the city unto them, and give him a place, that he may dwell among them.

5 And if the avenger of blood pursue after him, then they shall not deliver the slayer up into his hand; because he smote his neighbour unwittingly, and hated him not beforetime.

6 And he shall dwell in that city, until he stand before the congregation for judgment, and until the death of the high priest that shall be in those days: then shall the slayer return, and come unto his own city, and unto his own house, unto the city from whence he fled.

10. JESUS=G.O.A.T

+637
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    US-Others
    Also OT law was just more rough clearly and the period was more violent there were things like "an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth" so do not kill carried a lighter connotation as in do not kill just to be killing per say. But as we all know in the NT we had a new convenanet and things changed. Matthew 5:38-39 38Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

11. JESUS=G.O.A.T

+637
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    US-Others
    People tend to forget that new means new... newness implies a difference and once you grasp that you will really understand why God operated the way he did in the OT vs. the NT. the Torah is considerably different then just grace and acts 2:38 .

12. Phantasman

Phantasman Newbie

+200
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    The OT is gray. It is the time of angels. There is nothing to learn there.

What makes the Gospel incomplete is it's division by men. To give some truth over much truth. They could not do this alone.

Jesus was offered the world if he would just bend his knee to the deceiver. He refused.
    The catholic ideology was offered the world if they would bow to Rome (Emperors). They did.

Catholic Orthodoxy became the world church.

I bow to my savior and his Father. He is called savior for a reason. Have at the OT and books that glorify it all you want. When the Catholics held the Gospel hostage (in Latin) for 800 years, it was the Dark Ages of man. The world church is the church of the world.

I do not subscribe to the teachings of the world. When you find Christ in the OT, let me know.

13. JESUS=G.O.A.T

+637
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    US-Others
    I suggest you read my long reply it addresses good portion of what was said here.

Also who said I glorify the OT? I even promoted in my long reply that I believe we live in a new covenant now but the OT has some good lessons and teachings some of which are continued in the NT, it's good to reference and read is all i'm saying. I'm not saying I believe in OT ways of life or anything for a NT people.

14. Brother Daniel 210

Brother Daniel 210 New Member

+21
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    The body of christ is the church
    Colossians 1:18

15. GeorgeJ

GeorgeJ <Insert Custom Title Here>

+1,518
    United States
    Deist
    Married
    Catholic.....Protestant....plenty of killing to go around for both.....

...By the way, earlier, you said Jews kill, Christians don't......

Psssstt......Jesus was a Jew.....

16. Brother Daniel 210

Brother Daniel 210 New Member

+21
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    A Jew that taught Christianity

17. GeorgeJ

+1,518
    United States
    Deist
    Married
    ...but a Jew nonetheless...and he didn't "teach" Christianity.

Sadly, the great majority of Christian teachings today are gleaned from Paul's letters.

18. JESUS=G.O.A.T

+637
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    US-Others
    .... well the gospels was the process salvation being brought to us through Christ , acts was that salvation coming to pass or in effect post his resurrection, and the epistles were teachings for Christians in churches full of saved people who experienced ... so logically that should be how it works out.

19. GeorgeJ

+1,518
    United States
    Deist
    Married
    Yup......Jesus didn't teach Christianity.

20. JESUS=G.O.A.T

+637
    United States
    Apostolic
    Single
    US-Others
    Well if the Spirit of Christ truly was in those who got filled hard to say he didn't