somewhere
✟16,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Literally neocromancer, seeker of the dead, like the witch of Endor who pretended to invoke the dead.For a modern version see the Life of Cellini, Benvenuto
Can a necromancer make contact with the dead?

By the way, the witch of vendor?
Did she also pretend to be terrified when she made contact with Samuel?

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You're side-stepping your previous statement about Satan's name. It is not Lucifer as you stated. In addition you need to provide the biblical support from your bible in your statement that he was a cherub.
what statement? All I have stated was that Satan used to be a head angel as lucifer... that doesn't take away from who he became after the fall. Also I didn't realize this was a bible discussion you didn't present any bible verses yourself figured it was just a light discussion.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
This is so not biblical but in a old movie there was a quote. The greatest trick ever pulled was the devil convincing the world he doesnt exist
Yup. And Christians have latched onto that and have been using it ever since.

You'd think God would've said something like that before it ever showed up in a movie.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
All I have stated was that Satan used to be a head angel as lucifer...
Let me make this easy for you....where in your bible does it state that Satan was a cherub named Lucifer?

Show us.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Let me make this easy for you....where in your bible does it state that Satan was a cherub named Lucifer?

Show us.
You mean show you you're the only one challenging my posistion right now. But give me a sec

Upvote 0

unbelievable1

Aug 2, 2017
somewhere
✟16,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You'd think God would've said something like that before it ever showed up in a movie.
Zechariah 3

It's a good thing that our names are written in Heaven, don't you think?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Show us.

It isn't there!

Most of Isaiah 14 is a long rant against an egomaniacal, tyrranical king of Babylon. This is clearly seen in context:

Isaiah 14: 3 On the day the LORD gives you relief from suffering and turmoil and cruel bondage, 4 you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon: How the oppressor has come to an end! How his fury has ended!

Isaiah is clearly talking of a man here. And again:

Isaiah 14: 12 How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star [Lucifer in some translations], son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! 13 You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. 14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." 15 But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit. 16 Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: "Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, ...

It was later that the Jews and early Christians began to conflate the snake in Genesis, Satan in Job and Lucifer in Isaiah into a single personage named Satan. I suspect that this was accomplished under the strong influence of Zoroastrian belief to which the Jews were exposed during the Exile.

The reality is that Lucifer is the ironic name for a Babylonian king, Satan is an angel in God's service and doing God's will and the snake is, well, just a "garden variety" talking snake.

In the Latin language Lucifer means bright morning star, a reference to the planet Venus. In Isaiah it is used ironically and tauntingly in reference to a Babylonian king. In the Latin Vulgate version of the Bible Lucifer is used twice in Revelation in reference to Jesus in the sense of light coming into the world. Lucifer is not Satan.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Show us.
Heres just the part about the cherub Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. What's important to point out is the double refence in this chapter Satan himself was operating in King tyrus he's addressed as cherub as well to attest to this

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

unbelievable1

Aug 2, 2017
somewhere
✟16,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It isn't there!

Most of Isaiah 14 is a long rant against an egomaniacal, tyrranical king of Babylon. This is clearly seen in context:

Isaiah 14: 3 On the day the LORD gives you relief from suffering and turmoil and cruel bondage, 4 you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon: How the oppressor has come to an end! How his fury has ended!

Isaiah is clearly talking of a man here. And again:

Isaiah 14: 12 How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star [Lucifer in some translations], son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! 13 You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. 14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." 15 But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit. 16 Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: "Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, ...

It was later that the Jews and early Christians began to conflate the snake in Genesis, Satan in Job and Lucifer in Isaiah into a single personage named Satan. I suspect that this was accomplished under the strong influence of Zoroastrian belief to which the Jews were exposed during the Exile.

The reality is that Lucifer is the ironic name for a Babylonian king, Satan is an angel in God's service and doing God's will and the snake is, well, just a "garden variety" talking snake.

In the Latin language Lucifer means bright morning star, a reference to the planet Venus. In Isaiah it is used ironically and tauntingly in reference to a Babylonian king. In the Latin Vulgate version of the Bible Lucifer is used twice in Revelation in reference to Jesus in the sense of light coming into the world. Lucifer is not Satan.
Does a covering angel qualify as a cherub

Upvote 0

Brother Daniel 210

Aug 10, 2017
San Antonio
✟16,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Probably well it's because he shouldn't have to he already calls him the deceiver. It's man that comes up with all the foolish acts thoughts and calls it knowledge that is the reason we have so many faiths today when there is only ONE THAT JESUS IS RETURNING FOR

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Lets say you don't believe Satan is lucifer which you don't. Who creates Satan then? God made a devil?
Due to recent finds in Egypt the word Lucifer was mistaken as the devil and actually was applied to the King of Bablon due to the misunderstanding of the word Lucifer because of errant Christian dogma and has persisted even upto the present time. God controls everything and He created the destroying angel of God to destroy Jerusalem until God stayed the deatroying angels hand to quit the destruction. Who do you think destroyed the first born of Egypt? Who do you think caused the destruction of Sodom?

Upvote 0

unbelievable1

Aug 2, 2017
somewhere
✟16,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Due to recent finds in Egypt the word Lucifer was mistaken as the devil and actually was applied to the King of Bablon due to the misunderstanding of the word Lucifer because of errant Christian dogma and has persisted even upto the present time. God controls everything and He created the destroying angel of God to destroy Jerusalem until God stayed the deatroying angels hand to quit the destruction. Who do you think destroyed the first born of Egypt? Who do you think caused the destruction of Sodom?
Lucifer/Satan/dragon/devil

One and the same
Ye shall know him by his fruits
Unless Ye can not make a right judgement

Upvote 0