Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why are people who say they are Christian so superstitious when it involves demons, devils, and satanic adversaries that are actually idols and thoughts in the heart of evil thinking men?
Pretty simple.... How much the Lord is reflected in your words and deeds is tied directly to how real you believe Him to be. When we have people claiming to be Christian who use mediums, or who say they trust God but then won't walk under a ladder (and so forth).... then how deep does their belief really go?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why are people who say they are Christian so superstitious when it involves demons, devils, and satanic adversaries that are actually idols and thoughts in the heart of evil thinking men?
Simply put...

They believe that fallen angels and Satan actually exist.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I didn't take the post the way you did. I was thinking they react to them superstitiously rather than boldly in faith.

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I didn't take the post the way you did. I was thinking they react to them superstitiously rather than boldly in faith.
Yep. When folks start talking about "exorcising" the demons out of your house or other inanimate objects, they're doing nothing but practicing medieval superstition.

In addition, folks claiming that brain diseases and other mental illnesses are mostly caused by demon possession or attacks are also being superstitious.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is my testimony I really want to thank Dr Aluta for saving my marriage. My husband really treat me bad and left home for almost 3 month.this got me sick and confuse of my life. then i told my friend about my husband characters then she told me to contact Dr Aluta that he will help me bring back my husband and change him back to a good man. i never believe in all this but i gave it a try. They casted a spell of return back of love on him, and my husband came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again.if you going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact him on
traditionalspellhospital@gmail com Wish you all success.
Acts 19:13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews , EXORCISTS, took upon them which had evil spirits, the name of the Lord Jesus saying, we adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preaches..15 And the evil spirit answers and said , Jesus I know and Paul I know but who are you? 16 and they fled out of that house naked and wounded....
Please know that no one has the power to exrcise evil but the Lord. Pray to him not to your preacher or anyone else. For God commanded Micah 5:12 ...no more witchcrafts or soothsayers...

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is my testimony I really want to thank Dr Aluta for saving my marriage. My husband really treat me bad and left home for almost 3 month.this got me sick and confuse of my life. then i told my friend about my husband characters then she told me to contact Dr Aluta that he will help me bring back my husband and change him back to a good man. i never believe in all this but i gave it a try. They casted a spell of return back of love on him, and my husband came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again.if you going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact him on
traditionalspellhospital@gmail com Wish you all success.

A "spell" or a "curse" is nothing more than a form of prayer or wishful thinking.

Reactions: GeorgeJ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yep. When folks start talking about "exorcising" the demons out of your house or other inanimate objects, they're doing nothing but practicing medieval superstition.

In addition, folks claiming that brain diseases and other mental illnesses are mostly caused by demon possession or attacks are also being superstitious.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

In biblical times it was believed that most, if not all, disease was caused by demonic possession or evil spirits. Modern medicine has discovered the true nature of most diseases and in many cases a cure as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
In biblical times it was believed that most, if not all, disease was caused by demonic possession or evil spirits. Modern medicine has discovered the true nature of most diseases and in many cases a cure as well.
Exactly. That is why in the light of modern advances, these beliefs are merely nothing but superstitions nowadays.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A "spell" or a "curse" is nothing more than a form of prayer or wishful thinking.
I would disagree unless this just proves to be semantics, Jack. The two great commands sum all the commandments up... we are to love God and love neighbor. Yeshua showed the depth of loving neighbor when he told us to love even our enemies. If we, then, are seeking to place a curse on another or cast a spell on another... that goes well outside of the realm of loving neighbor and doesn't just break that one command... it really breaks them all because on those two hang all the law and prophets. So a Christian should NEVER seek to cast a spell or place a curse on another because it isn't from a position of love... or mercy.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think Paul said it best:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I think ladders, mirrors, etc. have as much power as water does in a baptism. None.

Physical things have no spiritual power. Superstition is just misplaced faith, not of the Father. Ignorance of Truth.

Upvote 0

unbelievable1

Aug 2, 2017
somewhere
✟16,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Acts 19:13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews , EXORCISTS, took upon them which had evil spirits, the name of the Lord Jesus saying, we adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preaches..15 And the evil spirit answers and said , Jesus I know and Paul I know but who are you? 16 and they fled out of that house naked and wounded....
Please know that no one has the power to exrcise evil but the Lord. Pray to him not to your preacher or anyone else. For God commanded Micah 5:12 ...no more witchcrafts or soothsayers...
They didn't know the lord and were not known of the lord

Anyone who thinks there isn't a spiritual battle is also deceived

Who do you think Jesus was saying wanted to sift Peter?

An imaginary adversary?

I agreee with you

Some of these don't come out except by prayer

Just as the lord Jesus told his disciples when they couldn't remove the evil spirit in the man's boys

Those under the protection of the name are under the protection
of the lord Jesus Christ and the power of his name And satan has no power over those who are in Christ Jesus

For greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world

Satan can't cast out God's Holy Spirit

Upvote 0

unbelievable1

Aug 2, 2017
somewhere
✟16,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[QUOExactly TE="Albion, post: 71626016, member: 93831"]Simply put...

Exactly that is why they are superstitious and have been blinded[/QUOTE]
Paul must have imagined his @Thorn" then.

Though he learned to be content in all things understanding that Christ's grace was sufficient to him

sometimes we think we have to work harder when all we really have to do is rest in god's sovereignty in all things

Upvote 0