Visit site
✟293,924.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I realize that, yet at the same time I'm not exactly in agreement with his interpretation of Isaiah 30:26 to begin with.

Isaiah 30:26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

In my mind, this is speaking of the following period of time and is not meaning what Keras has decided it is meaning instead.

Zechariah 14:6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

In my mind, this is meaning after the 2nd coming, not prior to it.
You have conflated two separate events.
Isaiah 30:26-30 is the Lord's Day of fiery wrath, the Sixth Seal; way before the Return in glory.
Zechariah 14:3-7 is plainly about the Return. AFTER all the events between Rev 7 and Rev 19:10
There may be some sort of solar event that takes place as one of the bowls of God'S wrath during the great tribulation in Revelation 16...
Why do you say: maybe?
The scripture is plain; the sun will scorch people at the 4th Bowl.
But Isaiah 30:26 refers to an earlier CME, a huge one that will literally fulfil all the graphic prophesies about the Lords terrible Day of fiery wrath.
That you and most people cannot see this forthcoming worldwide disaster, is how God wants it. Isaiah 29:9-12

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,924.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I remember hearing that over 40 years ago.
Yes, there have been many false prophets. Matthew 7:15
But that does not mean the Lord will never punish His enemies, Hebrews 10:27, or eventually His Return to reign for the next 1000 years.

We have the Bible and God has given us much information about His plans for our future. You are on this forum, why? Just to denigrate those who try to understand eschatology?
Paul says we should not be in the dark about what must happen. 1 Thess 5:1-11

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The problem with this kind of thinking though, no one knows the day or hour of His return. For all we know, He can return within the next 10 years, for example. And if so, that wouldn't provide enough time for all of those things to be fulfilled if they need at least 20 years for them to come to pass.
Or the next 10 months. That is not setting a date. That is proclaiming how soon it may be. For the last 1991 years it could have happened within the next 10 months. A return that is far off, would be in the next 100 years. Just past a life span or two.

Upvote 0