Mount Morris
✟125,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And 'friend of', doesn't read posts properly.
Dougg has gone quiet for a while, He does that after I have proved him wrong and shown up his errors.

Timtofly promotes a general Jewish redemption and end time conversion to Christianity, despite such a thing never being Prophesied.
No I don't.

Israel will not become Christian any more than Adam and Eve were Christians.

The Church will not even be on the earth. That is your mistake. The church comes to earth after the Millennium as the New Jerusalem descending from heaven.

You follow Amil philosophy that claims a single resurrection at the end of the Millennium. If you, God forbid physically die, before the Second Coming, you have put yourself as being nothing until after the Millennium.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,035.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Church will not even be on the earth. That is your mistake. The church comes to earth after the Millennium as the New Jerusalem descending from heaven.
Incredible and totally unbiblical rubbish.
Humans never go to heaven and the New Jerusalem will come to us, after the Millennium.

People who promote such wild and wacky ideas, as going to live with God, in so called 'mansions; will be made accountable when Jesus Returns.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Incredible and totally unbiblical rubbish.
Humans never go to heaven and the New Jerusalem will come to us, after the Millennium.

People who promote such wild and wacky ideas, as going to live with God, in so called 'mansions; will be made accountable when Jesus Returns.
keras, we are only trying to help you.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,035.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
keras, we are only trying to help you.
I do not need help.
Those with beliefs of 'escape' and being taken up to heaven, at anytime, may feel comfortable now, but when the Lord commences the Prophesied end time events; they will be shocked and terrified.
Sad really, as they will be shamed and embarrassed for failing to read and understand what the Prophets actually tell us.

At least the scriptures I have presented, have shown everyone that there is an alternative to their fanciful beliefs.
Try to 'consider these things; and figure what is the best scenario for God -
Having His People in heaven with Him, or doing His work on earth?
Having the ungodly and wicked peoples removed and a righteous people living in the holy Land?
Having Revelation play out as Jesus says it will - Revelation 1:1-3.....happy are those who take to heart the Words as written for the time of fulfilment is near.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I do not need help.
Those with beliefs of 'escape' and being taken up to heaven, at anytime, may feel comfortable now, but when the Lord commences the Prophesied end time events; they will be shocked and terrified.
Sad really, as they will be shamed and embarrassed for failing to read and understand what the Prophets actually tell us.

At least the scriptures I have presented, have shown everyone that there is an alternative to their fanciful beliefs.
Try to 'consider these things; and figure what is the best scenario for God -
Having His People in heaven with Him, or doing His work on earth?
Having the ungodly and wicked peoples removed and a righteous people living in the holy Land?
Having Revelation play out as Jesus says it will - Revelation 1:1-3.....happy are those who take to heart the Words as written for the time of fulfilment is near.
keras. these words of Jesus do not require interpretation....

Matthew 24:20But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Israel will not be a nation of Christians at that time, but of Jews, whose travel is restricted on the sabbath.

It simply means that your scenario of a replacement nation of Christians because of a solar event will not happen.

• Optimistic
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did what? Can you try to learn to be more specific?

You said a Jew was one inward, circumcision of the heart. That is the church.
Right. That's the type of Jew Paul described in Romans 2:28-29. That doesn't mean that there isn't also outward Jews (Jews who are Jews by way of physical things).

According to you the church replaced the outward circumcision of being a physical Jew.
No, that is not according to me. That is according to your made up straw man. I see Paul as contrasting a spiritual Jew with a physical Jew and not as replacing one with the other. You continue to not be able to understand what others believe which causes you to continue to constantly misrepresent what others believe.

Is there a seperate group of Jews with outward circumcision, from the one's with inward circumcision?
An outward/physical Jew can also be an inward/spiritual Jew, but being a physical Jew is not a requirement for being a spiritual Jew. That is what I understand Paul to be teaching in Romans 2:28-29.

Besides circumcision hardly makes one a Jew. Being born to a descendant of Judah on one's mother's side tends to be the criteria of being a Jew. Circumcision is an act of obedience a Jew does to relate to the command given by God.
Being that type of Jew is all based on physical things, regardless of how you describe it. Being a Jew inwardly (a spiritual Jew) is not dependent on anything physical such as physical circumcision or being physically descended from Judah or anything like that.

All Paul was saying was the outward act was meaningless without an inward change.
No, he was saying it was meaningless, period. Instead, the inward change is what matters. Just like he said in other passages.

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.

Galatians 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Galatians 6:15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation.

He was not saying one or the other makes one a Jew. The act of obedience was describing a faithful person obedient to God.
Yes, he was saying that. Read the text.

Romans 2:29 No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.

He very clearly indicated that what makes someone the type of Jew he was referring to here was being one inwardly by way of having been spiritually circumcised.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I do not need help.
That is not what it is even about.

Jesus told the thief on the Cross he would be in Paradise that day. What was the thief escaping?

Escaping death and inheriting everlasting life.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,035.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That is not what it is even about.

Jesus told the thief on the Cross he would be in Paradise that day. What was the thief escaping?

Escaping death and inheriting everlasting life.
On the Day of the Lords fiery wrath, many will die; including some of the righteous. Ezekiel 21:3-4
They will all 'sleep' is their graves until they stand before God, along with everyone who has ever lived; including the crucified thief, and face Judgment. Only those whose names are found in the Book of Life, which that thief will have, will go with God into Eternity.

Upvote 0