• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Why We Can't Trust What Obama Says About His Religion

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by pennmark, Mar 5, 2011.

1. JoyJuice

JoyJuice Senior Veteran

+453
    Agnostic
    US-Others
  2. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,822
    Agnostic
    Single
    Indeed, and if you feel you are separate from the world and you have your own special view of reality and hold the beliefs that all that entails, but we call that a religion.

3. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+15,979
    Christian
    Married
    hmmm perhaps something less...biased? I don't go on rabid anti-Catholic sites and look for truths about the Catholic Church, so I'd prefer something a little less obviously biased if you have such a site? :wave:
    tulc(doesn't mean to be fussy, just kind of likes his sources a little more balanced) :sorry:

4. tulc

+15,979
    Christian
    Married
    Ahhh! Thanks for the heads up! :wave:
    tulc(hates virus's a lot!) :mad:

5. HerbieHeadley

HerbieHeadley North American Energy Independence Now!

+1,042
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    :D (if you take the Word complete, the answer)

6. HerbieHeadley

+1,042
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    The Obots really don't like the links that have anything negative to say about Barry.

It really is vicious of them.

Is there a deja vu feeling here JJ, tulc?

:confused:

7. Christos Anesti

Christos Anesti Junior Member

+252
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Would you trust Obama if he said he was a Muslim?

8. Chris81

Chris81 Servant to Christ

+226
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    How do we know that Obama is even human?

I believe the History Channel series, Ancient Aliens, is looking into credible conspiracy theories that claim Obama is an extra-terestrial who was sent to Earth in order to prepare the way for the invasion of the Ziglons. This is an immoral vile species of alien that hates freedom and desires to rule the world with an iron fist!

9. katherine2001

katherine2001 Veteran

+965
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Thank you, Chris! I knew Obama was actually green with pink polka dots!

10. Blayz

Blayz Well-Known Member

+216
    Atheist
    Married
    Not quite. Al-taqiyya allows a Muslim to lie to a non-Muslim, for various reasons. Interestingly in this context it allowed Shi'a to lie to Sunni, and visa versa. Anyway:

Premise 1: When Obama said he was a Christian, he did it at least once in a televised coverage that included not only the USA, but also much of the at least Western world.
    Premise 2: Given this audience, there was at least one Muslim-of-the-type-that-Obama-is-alleged-to-be that watched the broadcast.
    Conclusion: Obama did not engage in Al-taqiyya, since this would have involved lying to Muslims
    Corollary: Obama is not a Muslim

11. SOAD

SOAD Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)

+220
    Deist
    Private
    US-Others
    I this an attempt to answer the question? Now that you have engaged, please give your answer.

12. tulc

+15,979
    Christian
    Married
    According to the Bible, Jesus is the founder of the Church. :)
    tulc(has always believed that) :wave:

13. KarateCowboy

KarateCowboy Classical liberal Supporter

+1,803
    Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
    Catholic
    Private
    One of these days I'll post a thread about why I don't care. He's not a Muslim, and he's certainly not a Christian.

14. CryptoLutheran

CryptoLutheran Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman

+350
    Christian
    Single
    If someone tells you they're not a robot, you can be sure they are a robot.

Don't let their cute and adorable faces fool you.

This
    [​IMG]

is this,

[​IMG]

-CryptoLutheran

15. JoyJuice

JoyJuice Senior Veteran

+453
    Agnostic
    US-Others
    No, just the ones that throw up virus alerts.

A virus just isn't worth reading something written with a third grade mentality.

16. Redac

Redac Regular Member

+913
    Catholic
    Single
    From everything I've read, al-taqiyya is something that allows a Muslim to conceal their faith if under threat of persecution, physical harm, or coercion. It's not a case of "lie to the Christians so I can infiltrate their society".

17. HerbieHeadley

+1,042
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Ignoring context of questions and building strawmen is fourth grade, eh? :p

18. HerbieHeadley

+1,042
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Only if they feel they need to conceal their faith to avoid persecution and coercion. It's OK to lie for Allah! ;)

19. HerbieHeadley

+1,042
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    'The Lord Jesus Christ is the one great subject of the Word of God from Genesis to Revelation. He is the Master-key to the Divine revelation of the Word from the Old Testament to the New.
    The whole Bible is about Him directly and even indirectly, and as everything centers in and around the King and his kingdom, in promise and prophesy, apart from Him it cannot be understood.'

:groupray:

20. religious&reasonable

religious&reasonable Slayer of Stupid Threads

+30
    Christian
    Single

Yes, this would be relevant IF HE WAS ACTUALLY MUSLIM.

But he's not, he is a christian just like most of us. He goes to church, he reads the bible. I don't understand how you people even get this insane notion that he is muslim. That's just being unreasonable.

Why can't people try to argue things that actually have a basis and actual evidence supporting?