Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
it is amazing that a complete stranger on the internet thinks that the moment he shows up I should just drop all my convictions, belief and knowledge because he says so. Ok you are right, all facts bow to you. We're not worthy oh great one come and fill us with your knowledge. grant us wisdom that we might live in your light. Let not the fire of your intellect light depat from us oh fount of wisdom. guide use in our way everlasting. Please forgive us for offending you oh Sage of Eternity. Lead us into your light. Now and forever more. Amen and Amen
Oh look at you take it without the sarcasm....
Calm yourself. IT's not about me. It's about impartial sources that actually spend their time scouring these sites and pouring untold amounts of time and research into summarizing their research for us.

Not about me.

About them. Listen to them cause they know what their talking about....So you can bow to them if you like; I mean, that would actually make sense.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I am would have to look at it more closely, but don't you think it is odd that the virus skews on political lines.

On the face of it, yes, that would be odd. The virus does not care about politics. So the virus is not killing people for their support of laissez-faire capitalism. But, because the disease and the response to it has been politicized, there are other important correlations. The most important being that, among unvaccinated people, Republicans outnumber Democrats by a factor of more than 3 to 1. (this fact is referenced in the OP article, along with the source.) And this goes along with the fact that, unvaccinated people are more likely to die of the disease than vaccinated people.

just an initial thought, with no data to back it up, ... just guessing though.

While forming hypotheses is good, we don't need to guess when we have experts, who do have the data, and have already analyzed it and formed data-driven conclusions.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh look at you take it without the sarcasm....
Calm yourself. IT's not about me. It's about impartial sources that actually spend their time scouring these sites and pouring untold amounts of time and research into summarizing their research for us.

Not about me.

About them. Listen to them cause they know what their talking about....So you au bow to them if you like; I mean, that would actually make sense.
sure its about you. it all about you, cause it not like i can listen and evaluate for my self

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
sure its about you. it all about you, cause it not like i can listen and evaluate for my self
I don't know what point your trying to make here.

Is your point that you are able to spent 8hrs a day analyzing news sources because you are otherwise not gainfully employed?

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know what point your trying to make here.

Is your point that you are able to spent 8hrs a day analyzing news sources because you are otherwise not gainfully employed?
point is you are over confident in you ability to spot bias when it come to the sources you like. you are relying on someone else evaluation of the data to tell you what to believe and then condeming other for not accepting that groups opinion of said information. I went to Ad fontnes and all sides media to find better sources. I looked at at ALL the sources in the middle and finally sided on the ones I thought had merit and were trust worthy. Having looked at the sources I am more informed then most on the subject. And after looking at the sources. there is a clear bias towards the left in their evaluation. Don't get me wrong you can find better sources using that information, but when you place certian orginazation at the center when they are really on the left that is a bias. NPR does not present news that is important to the right and report it in a way that make the right look good. it does that with the left. the left is aways the nobel good guy.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
point is you are over confident in you ability to spot bias when it come to the sources you like. you are relying on someone else evaluation of the data to tell you what to believe and then condeming other for not accepting that groups opinion of said information. I went to Ad fontnes and all sides media to find better sources. I looked at at ALL the sources in the middle and finally sided on the ones I thought had merit and were trust worthy. Having looked at the sources I am more informed then most on the subject. And after looking at the sources. there is a clear bias towards the left in their evaluation. Don't get me wrong you can find better sources using that information, but when you place certian orginazation at the center when they are really on the left that is a bias. NPR does not present news that is important to the right and report it in a way that make the right look good. it does that with the left. the left is aways the nobel good guy.
If we had gotten “the numbers” from, say, thegatewaypundit site, would you be willing to accept the data then?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Let's not make it about each other.

The study in the OP was large.

I think the key point of the study is that the unvaccinated die at much larger rates than the vaccinated.
The unvaccinated suffer from Covid more than the vaccinated.

MDHHS - Unvaccinated residents filling Michigan hospitals, getting hospitalized for COVID

As Michigan continues to record high numbers of COVID-19 cases, new data from the Michigan Health & Hospital Association (MHA) proves that the majority of Michigan residents severely sick with COVID-19 are unvaccinated. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and MHA are pleading with residents to get vaccinated for their own health, the safety of Michigan's health care personnel, and to avoid additional strain on health care systems that are already stretched and struggling to respond.

"The data is clear: if you are unvaccinated, you are risking hospitalization or death," said Elizabeth Hertel, MDHHS director. "We have a safe and effective vaccine that is quite literally saving lives. Michigan residents absolutely need to get vaccinated to keep their loved ones safe this holiday."

Based on recent data from most Michigan health systems, MHA has found that three out of four COVID patients are unvaccinated (76%), 87% of COVID ICU patients are unvaccinated and 88% of COVID ventilator patients are unvaccinated.
I am mainly concerned about saving lives.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If we had gotten “the numbers” from, say, thegatewaypundit site, would you be willing to accept the data then?
the data says exactly what i said it does. the data is old, I heard the stats in Sept., your info only goes to May. It does not evaluate june, july & august. which the information was based on. it shows a down ward trend amoung non- college educated person. which is consistant with what I said, when they were required to get the vaccine the number went down and those that were not forced as much stayed the same.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
the data says exactly what i said it does. the data is old, I heard the stats in Sept., your info only goes to May. It does not evaluate june, july & august. which the information was based on. it shows a down ward trend amoung non- college educated person. which is consistant with what I said, when they were required to get the vaccine the number went down and those that were not forced as much stayed the same.
The data in the OP is FROM April to October.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Let's not make it about each other.

The study in the OP was large.

I think the key point of the study is that the unvaccinated die at much larger rates than the vaccinated.
The unvaccinated suffer from Covid more than the vaccinated.

MDHHS - Unvaccinated residents filling Michigan hospitals, getting hospitalized for COVID

As Michigan continues to record high numbers of COVID-19 cases, new data from the Michigan Health & Hospital Association (MHA) proves that the majority of Michigan residents severely sick with COVID-19 are unvaccinated. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and MHA are pleading with residents to get vaccinated for their own health, the safety of Michigan's health care personnel, and to avoid additional strain on health care systems that are already stretched and struggling to respond.

"The data is clear: if you are unvaccinated, you are risking hospitalization or death," said Elizabeth Hertel, MDHHS director. "We have a safe and effective vaccine that is quite literally saving lives. Michigan residents absolutely need to get vaccinated to keep their loved ones safe this holiday."

Based on recent data from most Michigan health systems, MHA has found that three out of four COVID patients are unvaccinated (76%), 87% of COVID ICU patients are unvaccinated and 88% of COVID ventilator patients are unvaccinated.
I am mainly concerned about saving lives.
you are clearly cherry picking the data, Florida has the lowest cases of covid in the US and they don't force a Jab. so what do you make of that? Michagin in is a Northern State, Florida a southern state. Michagin is a Biden state, Florida is a Trump state. so Biden State have a higher rate of infections then Trump states. may be the democrats should follow the Trump state plan. It seems to be working.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
point is you are over confident in you ability to spot bias when it come to the sources you like. you are relying on someone else evaluation of the data to tell you what to believe and then condeming other for not accepting that groups opinion of said information.
Yes I do that because:
1) It's their job and they have training and time to spend time reading ALL the articles to find bias
2) I don't have 8hrs a day to waste on trivial minutae like "bias in online reporting".
3)

I went to Ad fontnes and all sides media to find better sources. I looked at at ALL the sources in the middle and finally sided on the ones I thought had merit and were trust worthy. Having looked at the sources I am more informed then most on the subject.
So if you look at "All Sides" news, did you miss how they have npr news labelled as "centre"? Cause they do. They have their "opinion" as mild left....but we are talking about NEWS not opinion.

And after looking at the sources. there is a clear bias towards the left in their evaluation. Don't get me wrong you can find better sources using that information, but when you place certian orginazation at the center when they are really on the left that is a bias. NPR does not present news that is important to the right and report it in a way that make the right look good. it does that with the left. the left is aways the nobel good guy.
News reports are not designed to cater to either wing. They are meant to discuss whatever "news" items present themselves. It could be argued that those on the left would also think that NPR doesn't spend enough time talking about issues that are important to them.

Do I see that you need to make sure you have news sources that makes your side of the political wing LOOK good? CAuse you have organizations like newsmax and Fox to make you FEEL good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why? Will that change the facts?
As often happens, it changes what is represented as being factual.

We see examples of that all the time on these forums when someone cites some statistic or "fact" and a little follow-up shows how the use of carefully selected wording changes the meaning completely.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am would have to look at it more closely, but don't you think it is odd that the virus skews on political lines

Sadly, not in todays in America. Some have no qualms with exploiting people's fears for political advantage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As often happens, it changes what is represented as being factual.

We see examples of that all the time on these forums when someone cites some statistic or "fact" and a little follow-up shows how the use of carefully selected wording changes the meaning completely.
In this case, did it change the facts?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No, I am not "cherry-picking" results. And you are not presenting anything showing that the vaccinated have a higher death rate from covid than the unvaccinated.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sadly, not in todays in America. Some have no qualms with exploiting people's fears for political advantage.

Yes, but it's not really a big surprise. Those people have been trying for decades to control more and more of everyone's private lives. When "public health" gave them the opportunity to order lockdowns, masking, vaccination mandates, defining where people are allowed to go or stand, or work, or pray...they were well on their way to having the authoritarian state that they have long favored.

And the "proof of the pudding" is, as has been shown many times, that they exempt themselves from the same regulations that they've imposed on the rest of the people!

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
you are clearly cherry picking the data, Florida has the lowest cases of covid in the US and they don't force a Jab. so what do you make of that? Michagin in is a Northern State, Florida a southern state. Michagin is a Biden state, Florida is a Trump state. so Biden State have a higher rate of infections then Trump states. may be the democrats should follow the Trump state plan. It seems to be working.
Your reasoning here is rather laughable. Last summer was devastating for the southern states. On August 10, 2021, Florida had 56,610 new cases of covid. Michigan never approached that number! The 7 day average daily cases for that week was over 20,000.
Florida is currently lower in numbers, and Michigan higher. But in the summer, Florida did really bad.
Yes, but it's not really a big surprise. Those people have been trying for decades to control more and more of everyone's private lives. When "public health" gave them the opportunity to order lockdowns, masking, vaccination mandates, defining where people are allowed to go or stand, or work, or pray...they were well on their way to having the authoritarian state that they have long favored.

And the "proof of the pudding" is, as has been shown many times, that they exempt themselves from the same regulations that they've imposed on the rest of the people!
So you can't show anything that contradicts the data in the OP, therefore complaining about all kinds of other things.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So you can't show anything that contradicts the data in the OP, therefore complaining about all kinds of other things.
"Complaining about" nothing. It was an amplification of the point raised by the previous poster.

Upvote 0