Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
no, but it will change how they interpret them, what they report and what they leave out. let me give you an example

Reported Fact"

vaccine compliance is highest amount the college educated Bachlors & Master degrees.

This is true. what is implied here is that those how are smart get the vaccine and high school, uneducated and stupid don't. it is due to ignorance. What they don't tell you is that the highest educated class, PHD, reject the vaccine in higher numbers then the, High school level. so how are we to interpret that?

Well another way to look at is is those who are not forced to take the vaccine don't and those who are more afraid of loosing their jobs do.

Same facts different interpretation.
I read an article that said 96% of doctors in the USA got the jab.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, it is science. It is those who make unsupported nonsensical claims with lots of derogatory comments about the others that go with blind faith

Said while you yourself are implying unsupported and derogatory things about those who aren't vaccinated. Namely, the insinuation that the unvaccinated are ignorant Trump supporters who don't follow science.

Again, science learns through falsification. I am being scientific in my outlook to watch and wait and learn how well the vaccines are doing, and I have to say so far I'm not impressed. If you are that's your opinion, which clearly differs from mine.

That doesn't make me an "ignorant Trump supporter", it means my opinion is simply different than yours.

Accepting that we have differences of opinion is called tolerance. No two people will always have the same view all the time on every topic - if we did we'd all be clones, and God didn't make clones.

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Said while you yourself are implying unsupported and derogatory things about those who aren't vaccinated. Namely, the insinuation that the unvaccinated are ignorant Trump supporters who don't follow science.

Nope, I just posted an article about a study that shows that the death rate is higher in counties that voted for Trump, and it correlates with the percent vaccinated.

Again, science learns through falsification.
Science learns using the scientific method and that more than one study other study gets the same results.

I am being scientific in my outlook to watch and wait and learn how well the vaccines are doing, and I have to say so far I'm not impressed. If you are that's your opinion, which clearly differs from mine.

That doesn't make me an "ignorant Trump supporter", it means my opinion is simply different than yours.

Accepting that we have differences of opinion is called tolerance. No two people will always have the same view all the time on every topic - if we did we'd all be clones, and God didn't make clones.
I did not call you an "ignorant Trump supporter". You added that.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How and why did Covid-19 become a political issue?

Politicians know next to nothing about viruses.

The only source for information that anyone should seek, is from the medical professionals.

The last place anyone should turn to for information about Covid-19, is a a social media site.
I agree that folks should get their information from medical professionals that are adept at the field of infectious diseases, and from the organizatons that are led by science backing up those doctors like the CDC ad NIH. Too many believe the misinformation from Facebook or twitter.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates. Misinformation is to blame

Since May 2021, people living in counties that voted heavily for Donald Trump during the last presidential election have been nearly three times as likely to die from COVID-19 as those who live in areas that went for now-President Biden. That's according to a new analysis by NPR that examines how political polarization and misinformation are driving a significant share of the deaths in the pandemic.

NPR looked at deaths per 100,000 people in roughly 3,000 counties across the U.S. from May 2021, the point at which vaccinations widely became available. People living in counties that went 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.7 times the death rates of those that went for Biden. Counties with an even higher share of the vote for Trump saw higher COVID-19 mortality rates.

In October, the reddest tenth of the country saw death rates that were six times higher than the bluest tenth, according to Charles Gaba, an independent health care analyst who's been tracking partisanship trends during the pandemic and helped to review NPR's methodology. Those numbers have dropped slightly in recent weeks, Gaba says: "It's back down to around 5.5 times higher."

.....Misinformation appears to be a major factor in the lagging vaccination rates. The Kaiser Family Foundation's polling shows Republicans are far more likely to believe false statements about COVID-19 and vaccines. A full 94% of Republicans think one or more false statements about COVID-19 and vaccines might be true, and 46% believe four or more statements might be true. By contrast, only 14% of Democrats believe four or more false statements about the disease.
That is sad, imho
Rather than address the glaring sensationalist media on every side it seems, please follow this reasoning. I very recently saw on IP Tv a channel with what appears as an ongoing statistical revelation by country. With any sense of how the numbers should fall, it’s obvious that there are liars in the reporting process. Who, what, where and when I don’t know.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is sad, imho

Sad but not unexpected. No offence to Trump supporters but they can be more vociferous Anti-Vacc and other conspiracy theories. If you haven't taken the vaccine and aren't following the Covid safety rules-risky behaviour puts you at a greater risk. It's simple common sense. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
241636_9f4a3046555e3431f8a087b68dbce899_thumb.jpg

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
full

This thread had some major off topic fires put out and is thus a lot smaller. It is now reopen for posting. Remember the topic of the OP when you post. And no flaming. We don't want this thread to burn down. ;)
ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
no, but it will change how they interpret them, what they report and what they leave out. let me give you an example

Reported Fact"

vaccine compliance is highest amount the college educated Bachlors & Master degrees.

This is true. what is implied here is that those how are smart get the vaccine and high school, uneducated and stupid don't. it is due to ignorance. What they don't tell you is that the highest educated class, PHD, reject the vaccine in higher numbers then the, High school level. so how are we to interpret that?

Well another way to look at is is those who are not forced to take the vaccine don't and those who are more afraid of loosing their jobs do.

Same facts different interpretation.
46669959-9893465-image-m-3_1628945410259.jpg

I found this data which was very interesting to me in regards to education.
What seems interesting is that you see a trend towards reduced hesitency at all education levels except PhDs.

I would also note that PhDs, though obviously very intelligent and geniuses in their field of study, don't necessarily have "transferable skills" in relation to learning and information.

A PhD in Sociology majoring in Minority crossectionality being hesitant to get the Vax means little to me.

Ultimately, it was only one study and, while very interesting, I don't really think it says too much. Frankly, most PhD holders I know are quite, let's say the word "kookie" and, outside of their discipline, provide no inherent credibility that would sway me. IN their area, absolutely I'll hang on every word; outside? Meh....

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
When COVID first came to this country it was major cities that were hardest hit. Blue.

So it's in the countryside now... rather to be expected.

Not really seeing the point of the thread other than to complain about republicans.
But that's not exactly factual. The statistics show it's ANY county; not just rural ones, non? Did I miss that?

Also, I'm not sure how this thread is complaining about republicans. It's stating a numerically researched fact that considerably more Republicans died than democrats.

Is that an unexpected and/or hard thing to hear?

Because it makes 100% sense to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You quoted NPR. clearly liberal bias site. try something in the middle of the road
If it's CLEARLY liberal, I'm sure you'd have something...ANYTHING more than just your personal opinion to bolster it right?

Cause I have this:
NPR (Online News) Media Bias Rating
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/npr/
NPR News Now Bias and Reliability - Ad Fontes Media

Ultimately though, your arguement is just intellectually bereft ad hominem as each of these sites (even the one indicates "slight left", still points out their reporting is "factual".

But, after all of this I would LITERALLY love to hear what you find to be middle of the road....

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If it's CLEARLY liberal, I'm sure you'd have something...ANYTHING more than just your personal opinion to bolster it right?

Cause I have this:
NPR (Online News) Media Bias Rating
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/npr/
NPR News Now Bias and Reliability - Ad Fontes Media

Ultimately though, your arguement is just intellectually bereft ad hominem as each of these sites (even the one indicates "slight left", still points out their reporting is "factual".

But, after all of this I would LITERALLY love to hear what you find to be middle of the road....
i don't listen to it because of the bias. sorry. when I have listened to it the issues and the concerns and the language is reflective of the values they promote. The way the story is reported and what they report and what is left out. I watch The Hill, and Breaking Points and both of them have bias to the Left. The Hill more so, then breaking points. media bias Rating has the hill and as conservative. they are clearly middle or slightly left. and NPR is left of them. so they can say what they want. liberals aways paint their concern as main stream when they are not.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
46669959-9893465-image-m-3_1628945410259.jpg

I found this data which was very interesting to me in regards to education.
What seems interesting is that you see a trend towards reduced hesitency at all education levels except PhDs.

I would also note that PhDs, though obviously very intelligent and geniuses in their field of study, don't necessarily have "transferable skills" in relation to learning and information.

A PhD in Sociology majoring in Minority crossectionality being hesitant to get the Vax means little to me.

Ultimately, it was only one study and, while very interesting, I don't really think it says too much. Frankly, most PhD holders I know are quite, let's say the word "kookie" and, outside of their discipline, provide no inherent credibility that would sway me. IN their area, absolutely I'll hang on every word; outside? Meh....
that is a lot of words to say nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
i don't listen to it because of the bias. sorry. when I have listened to it the issues and the concerns and the language is reflective of the values they promote. The way the story is reported and what they report and what is left out. I watch The Hill, and Breaking Points and both of them have bias to the Left. The Hill more so, then breaking points. media bias Rating has the hill and as conservative. they are clearly middle or slightly left. and NPR is left of them. so they can say what they want. liberals aways paint their concern as main stream when they are not.
You've just clearly outlines that your own political bias is so skewed you can't measure bias of others appropriately.

Best of luck

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it's all in the interpretation.

How would you interpret this information?

NPR looked at deaths per 100,000 people in roughly 3,000 counties across the U.S. from May 2021, the point at which vaccinations widely became available. People living in counties that went 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.7 times the death rates of those that went for Biden. Counties with an even higher share of the vote for Trump saw higher COVID-19 mortality rates.

In October, the reddest tenth of the country saw death rates that were six times higher than the bluest tenth, according to Charles Gaba, an independent health care analyst who's been tracking partisanship trends during the pandemic and helped to review NPR's methodology. Those numbers have dropped slightly in recent weeks, Gaba says: "It's back down to around 5.5 times higher."

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You've just clearly outlines that your own political bias is so skewed you can't measure bias of others appropriately.

Best of luck
it is amazing that a complete stranger on the internet thinks that the moment he shows up I should just drop all my convictions, belief and knowledge because he says so. Ok you are right, all facts bow to you. We're not worthy oh great one come and fill us with your knowledge. grant us wisdom that we might live in your light. Let not the fire of your intellect light depat from us oh fount of wisdom. guide use in our way everlasting. Please forgive us for offending you oh Sage of Eternity. Lead us into your light. Now and forever more. Amen and Amen

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How would you interpret this information?
I am would have to look at it more closely, but don't you think it is odd that the virus skews on political lines. just an initial thought, with no data to back it up, could it rural vs city, or could it be rich vs poor. Trump votes do come from rural areas were access is limited. poor trump votes don't have access to vaccines. while poor biden voters live in metro areas and do. so that could be a possibility. just guessing though.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,662.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
...but don't you think it is odd that the virus skews on political lines.

From all news articles, tv interviews, reports, discussions, comments and even posts in this forum, I would be absolutely amazed if it didn't.

Upvote 0