Fauci's Former NIH Boss Finally Admits COVID Lockdown Was 'Another Mistake We Made'

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They did. It's running 5 for the op and 17 against.
Thankfully, American policies are not decided by and put in place by those whom post on this website.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,063.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thankfully, American policies are not decided by and put in place by those whom post on this website.
Correct. So it's lucky for us all that the declaration was rejected completely by an overwhelming number of expert authorities across the world and not just by some random dudes on a forum.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,063.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So, you still are not acknowledging the expertise of those who wrote and signed off upon the Great Barrington Declaration?
Of course I acknowledge their expertise. I'm not disputing what they said because I thought they were quacks or grifters. But they came up with no way to practically implement their suggestion. It wasn't 'We'll do A, B and C and that will result in X, Y and Z'. They simply said to instigate a means to achieve herd immunity without vaccines. Period. Let it run free in the community until that happens.

Even to someone like me with no medical knowledge it sounded incredibly risky. And totally counterintuitive. Go out and get sick on purpose? Whut? Is that an option? What about vaccines? What about the number of beds available (my brother spent 38 hours in a car park at his local hospital)? What about when (not if) the virus mutates? Do we have to get it again? With so many people carrying the virus how do we we keep the people most at risk safe? Won't people reject the vaccines when available?

So, what do you do? Listen to the first guy that makes a suggestion and don't check it out? Of course not. So you read articles and reports. You listen to interviews. You watch panel discussions when this is being bounce around. And you discover that the ones suggesting this are well qualified. But are a tiny group compared to the ones saying 'No, this is wrong'.

How is it not obvious that you go with the vast majority? Except, of course, unless you want to make it a political decision about your personal freedoms. The government can't imprison me in my own home! And a small minority put their own freedoms over and above the safety of their fellow citizens. And quoted the Declaration as an excuse.

Not that I'm suggesting that you are doing that. But why on earth take a small minority view when the whole planet is saying that they are wrong?

• Informative
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0