Should President Trump Apologize to Obama?

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Actually to most rational people Yes, no evidence would indicate a false charge. Understand that this final assessment comes from the DOJ under Sessions, appointed by Trump. Also, that the FISA court is in place from the Chief Justice...I believe he was appointed by a republican President for his conservative views.

Can Presidents order wire taps?
Are you familiar with the FISA courts?
Do you know of any evidence to consider?
Are you prone to conspiracy theories?
Are you still on board with the "birthers"?

*I almost forgot...it was a British spy agency, correct?

Because these agencies are above doing something illegal, right?
Especially under "the most transparent and ethical administration ever".

Two FBI Whistleblowers Confirm Illegal Wiretapping of Govt Officials, Support Sibel Edmonds Claims
US drug agency surveillance unit to be investigated by Department of Justice
FISA Court Asked FBI About Illegal Wiretapping - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime
Federal Judge Finds N.S.A. Wiretaps Were Illegal

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because these agencies are above doing something illegal, right?

Once again, Trump specifically and very clearly placed his accusation on Obama. Notice that none of your links concerned anything to do with Trump, and in fact date back quite a few years with no connection to Trump's accusation.

The accusation was made against the president who has no authority to order any type of surveillance. Obama having anything to do with "wires tapped" has been rejected as strongly by the right as the left. So as concerns the OP the links offer nothing in the way of excusing Trump's thorough enjoyment of blatant lies and fabrications, in this case at a particular individual.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As if anyone is surprised that within the incessant lying of Trump a particularly outlandish falsehood was made against Obama concerning wire tapping. Though it had been dismissed by many at the time now his own DOJ has confirmed that there is absolutely no evidence for such an abhorrent false statement. In spite of Huckabee-Sanders constant fumbling defense of Trump regardless of the truth and simply dismissing with "That is old news", should Trump apologize for such a defamatory claim? After all Trump, with his overinflated ego fully in tact, stated that "Nobody loves the Bible more than I do" ... does a Christian have a responsibility to "right a wrong" against someone?

Hi jamsie,

I don't believe, whether or not the claim Donald Trump made of wiretapping turns out to be true or false, that it is within Donald Trump's nature to apologize to anyone for anything that he has done.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi jamsie,
I don't believe, whether or not the claim Donald Trump made of wiretapping turns out to be true or false, that it is within Donald Trump's nature to apologize to anyone for anything that he has done.
God bless you,
In Christ, ted

It does appear to raise a further question ... How does one accept Jesus Christ if they won't admit to any wrong or sin in their life?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As if anyone is surprised that within the incessant lying of Trump a particularly outlandish falsehood was made against Obama concerning wire tapping. Though it had been dismissed by many at the time now his own DOJ has confirmed that there is absolutely no evidence for such an abhorrent false statement. In spite of Huckabee-Sanders constant fumbling defense of Trump regardless of the truth and simply dismissing with "That is old news", should Trump apologize for such a defamatory claim? After all Trump, with his overinflated ego fully in tact, stated that "Nobody loves the Bible more than I do" ... does a Christian have a responsibility to "right a wrong" against someone?
Obama should first apologize to all Americans for his butchering of the Constitution and general misbehavior during his time in office, and to all the relatives of the foreigners that have been murdered under his orders.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Would you enlighten us as to exactly how Obama "destroyed" the country? Would you also be able to address the OP in addition to your assertion.

One example. Under Obama's leadership, the national debt doubled. I quote from Business Insider

"As part of the broader economic legacy of President Barack Obama, from jobs to the stock market, one of the most notable changes has been the increase in the national debt.

Based on quarterly data released by the US Treasury, the debt at the end of 2008 — just before Obama took office — stood at roughly $10,699,805,000,000.

As of the third quarter of 2016, the most recent data available, the debt as Obama is set to leave office stood at $19,573,445,000,000."

With that in mind, Obama should apologize to US! But he hasn't, and he won't. He gets $400,000.00 a speech!

He left office a multi-millionaire, and as soon as he had left, he signed a $65 million fee for a book that hasn't hit the shelves yet. But the Democrats complain that Trump hasn't done anything.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This was a blatant slanderous lie, falsehood, fabrication, etc. and now Trump's own DoJ says no evidence...of either Obama's ordered "wires Tapped" or any kind of surveillance.

Just because their is no evidence does not mean that it did not happen. It just means that Obama hired people very adept at tapping phones.

I am not saying that I believe the charge. I am showing an alternative to the FBI's claim.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Obama should first apologize to all Americans for his butchering of the Constitution and general misbehavior during his time in office, and to all the relatives of the foreigners that have been murdered under his orders.

The "Johnny did it" defense, how does that excuse Trump? You may not have noticed but Trump is the president... the proverbial ball is in his court. Did Bush apologize for starting a war on false pretenses? Did Reagan apologize for the lives he cost?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just because their is no evidence does not mean that it did not happen. It just means that Obama hired people very adept at tapping phones.
I am not saying that I believe the charge. I am showing an alternative to the FBI's claim.

Well let's see...the claim that the British did it fell quickly to the wayside, and so great a new conspiracy theory. Obama made a call to the local "Wires Tapped "R" Us and then...what?

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One example. Under Obama's leadership, the national debt doubled. I quote from Business Insider
But the Democrats complain that Trump hasn't done anything.

Well actually Trump has done very little but I don't believe that was the point of the OP. As for the debt I will let a former Reagan and George H.W. Bush senior policy advisor answer your example: Blaming Obama for George W. Bush's Policies

On Spending:
Who’s the Biggest Spender? Obama or Bush?

Context:
Has President Obama Doubled the National Debt?

Another look from Business Insider:
The Truth About Who's Responsible For Our Massive Budget Deficit

Now to the point of the OP... Trump directly accused Obama of surveillance, with out,as usual, any evidence. Now his own Justice Dept. confirms no evidence, so because of the direct accusation should Trump apologize?..and it doesn't matter what Obama had for dinner last night.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, Trump should not apologize to Obama because he's done nothing wrong. I think the question should be, 'Should Obama apologize for what he's done to America?"

Yes, I understand lying and a false accusation are quite acceptable, very Christian. Of course, "What Obama has done to America" is simply biased right wing nonsense, but then that is expected. Did you expect Bush to apologize? or Clinton? or Reagan? Probably not..........

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Once again, Trump specifically and very clearly placed his accusation on Obama. Notice that none of your links concerned anything to do with Trump, and in fact date back quite a few years with no connection to Trump's accusation.

Exactly. If this were the only time it happened, it might
turn out to be a conspiracy theory, or baseless charges.
But it happens fairly regularly. Unethical agencies under
a corrupt head of government only makes it more likely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exactly. If this were the only time it happened, it might turn out to be a conspiracy theory, or baseless charges. But it happens fairly regularly. Unethical agencies under a corrupt head of government only makes it more likely.

Where is the evidence? Trump's DoJ says none, so I guess Trump's "agency" is corrupt? It has turned out to baseless charges...and it has happened before with the birther issue. At some point people, especially Christians, will realize Trump is a pathological liar.

Further, if you want to talk about corrupt heads of Govt based on your criteria Reagan and G. W. Bush win that hands down!

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A.. were so far on the out side... just WHO are you going to believe? And something like this.. yeah... you have to be SO FAR UP THE CHAIN

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. All politicians lie. So I'm sure Obama has people to apologize to also.

2. While we do know Trump exaggerates/lies like crazy, maybe the wire tapping is/was real. After all do you think they are really going to come out and say he was wiretapped? Of course not. Just like we know the military has a budget for "black ops" that are probably to risky to talk about for various reason. Do we expect them to come out and say what the ops are? Of course not. Heck even with spies in other countries no government is going to admit that they have spies in other countries despite the fact we all know spies exist.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A Christian ?
A disciple of Jesus does.
But Christians...? Those are people who lived so much like christ that the people at Antioch called them “christlike” = Christian.

I doubt the people of Antioch would use that description on most church attendees today. Let alone trump.

And I'm neutral..not being from the states I could care less. But he is not a deciple of the Lord JESUS .

He is not outside being used by God regardless.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1. All politicians lie. So I'm sure Obama has people to apologize to also.

Is the "everybody else does it" really a valid defense? And is it one that should be defended by Christians? If Obama has people he should apologize to that is his responsibility. (and he has apologized on occasion for mistakes) In this instance we are talking about Trump who claims to be a Christian, and is supported by Graham, Falwell, etc. So do Christians have a responsibility?, should Christians hold other Christians accountable for word and deed?

2. While we do know Trump exaggerates/lies like crazy, maybe the wire tapping is/was real. After all do you think they are really going to come out and say he was wiretapped? Of course not. Just like we know the military has a budget for "black ops" that are probably to risky to talk about for various reason. Do we expect them to come out and say what the ops are? Of course not. Heck even with spies in other countries no government is going to admit that they have spies in other countries despite the fact we all know spies exist.

Who is "they"? It has been investigated by Trump's own DoJ under Sessions...they found no evidence, why is it necessary to create all sorts of excuses, other possibilities, and false analogies to avoid the obvious?

Is it possible that there was massive voter fraud although every federal, state, independent, and republican investigation has come up empty of such...? Is it possible that Trump was correct and that his inaugural audience was the largest ever even though it was shown to be false...well, maybe tens of thousands of people were wearing invisible suits, maybe all of the photos were photoshop manipulated, maybe, maybe, maybe... and sometimes maybe we should face the facts as we know them. (or at least until some legitimate evidence provides otherwise)

Upvote 0