Madison, WI
✟22,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps it isn't getting out to the rest of the nation, but I only remember the shooting at the Sikh temple in Oak Creek. What other shootings have occurred at places of worship in Wisconsin?

I'm glad I stopped going to church then.
We've had a few church shootings here in Wisconsin.

So you don't go to church because of people bringing a gun to protect them with? There are always leftist churches who are soft targets if that is your thing.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
March 12, 2005: Seven people were killed and four wounded when Terry Michael Ratzmann opened fire at a Living Church of God service at the Sheraton hotel in Brookfield. Ratzmann, a 44-year-old computer technician, then committed suicide.

No party affiliation anywhere, but probably not an atheist since it was a church he had been attending for a couple of years. Didn't like something in the sermon apparently and decided to shoot people.

I guess we'll just have to hold our breath until ragdoll posts these amply documented and frighteningly frequent atheist democrat church shootings.

You never know. Attending church services at a church in a suburban chain hotel just might turn someone atheist (don't know about the democrat part).

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We've had a few church shootings here in Wisconsin.

So you don't go to church because of people bringing a gun to protect them with? There are always leftist churches who are soft targets if that is your thing.

No, I don't go to church becuase I think god ain't real so it would be a waste of time. But I sure would never have felt comfortable in a church with guns. (And until a few years ago, I never heard of one.)

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
March 12, 2005: Seven people were killed and four wounded when Terry Michael Ratzmann opened fire at a Living Church of God service at the Sheraton hotel in Brookfield. Ratzmann, a 44-year-old computer technician, then committed suicide.

No party affiliation anywhere, but probably not an atheist since it was a church he had been attending for a couple of years. Didn't like something in the sermon apparently and decided to shoot people.

Although he left no suicide note and gave no explanation for the killings, investigators said Ratzmann was on the verge of losing his job and was upset over a sermon he heard two weeks ago. It was unclear what specifically upset him, but Ratzmann was a member of the Living Church of God, a denomination whose leader recently prophesied that end times are near.

The Living Church of God, based in Charlotte, N.C., places a strong emphasis on using world events to prove the end of the world is near. Earlier this year, the group's leader, Dr. Roderick C. Meredith, wrote that events prophesied in the Bible are "beginning to occur with increasing frequency." "We are not talking about decades in the future. We are talking about Bible prophesies that will intensify within the next five to 15 years of your life," he wrote in the church's magazine, Tomorrow's World.

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
No, I don't go to church becuase I think god ain't real so it would be a waste of time. But I sure would never have felt comfortable in a church with guns. (And until a few years ago, I never heard of one.)
Every conservative church packs. If a mass shooter comes into a conservative church where I live then his fun will be short lived. We don't let our congregation get shot up around here. I carry a full size 1911 everywhere I go. I prefer supreme accuracy and velocity in a gun. I make sure I sit where I can see the shooter coming into the church and I do not miss. I just bought a new Springfield "Ronin" and my first shot with the gun hit dead center bullseye. Very happy with Springfield Armory. They make real good 1911s. Got a new holster for my Dan Wesson Bruin 10mm with a 6.3 inch barrel. That might be a good gun to take to church for protection. Dan Wesson makes outstanding 1911s with supreme accuracy. Shot placement is very important because you don't want to shoot anybody who doesn't deserve being shot. We Christians are not so passive that we will allow our brothers and sisters to become the next victims of a Democrat attack on our worship services. We worship in peace and love. We don't need mass shooters in our churches unless they come unarmed and wiilling to attend worship services for all the right reason. But if indeed they do come for the purpose of murdering Christians, well, its not gonna be a good day for that shooter. He probably won't even be identified with all the holes in him. And to think of all those guns going off at the same time. That would be very loud!! But yeah, every conservative church I know packs. Its now safer to attend church than it is to go into a gun store. Amen.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Every conservative church packs.
OK, dude, sure.
If a mass shooter comes into a conservative church where I live then his fun will be short lived. We don't let our congregation get shot up around here. I carry a full size 1911 everywhere I go. I prefer supreme accuracy and velocity in a gun. I make sure I sit where I can see the shooter coming into the church and I do not miss. I just bought a new Springfield "Ronin" and my first shot with the gun hit dead center bullseye. Very happy with Springfield Armory. They make real good 1911s. Got a new holster for my Dan Wesson Bruin 10mm with a 6.3 inch barrel. That might be a good gun to take to church for protection. Dan Wesson makes outstanding 1911s with supreme accuracy. Shot placement is very important because you don't want to shoot anybody who doesn't deserve being shot.
Are you itching to shoot someone? It sure looks like it.
We Christians are not so passive that we will allow our brothers and sisters to become the next victims of a Democrat attack on our worship services. We worship in peace and love.
With guns.
We don't need mass shooters in our churches unless they come unarmed and wiilling to attend worship services for all the right reason.
Mass shooters who come unarmed are welcome to worship with you?
But if indeed they do come for the purpose of murdering Christians, well, its not gonna be a good day for that shooter. He probably won't even be identified with all the holes in him. And to think of all those guns going off at the same time. That would be very loud!! But yeah, every conservative church I know packs. Its now safer to attend church than it is to go into a gun store. Amen.
Can you marry your dan wesson cause it sounds like you'd like to?

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
OK, dude, sure.

Are you itching to shoot someone? It sure looks like it.

With guns.

Mass shooters who come unarmed are welcome to worship with you?

Can you marry your dan wesson cause it sounds like you'd like to?
I'm a licensed carrier. I am well trained. I have had excellent discipline with guns since childhood. My dad was an outstanding marksman with a rifle or a pistol. I grew up respecting guns and been around guns my whole life. People like us aren't itching to shoot anybody. But if somebody (a mass shooter) is itching to got shot, I will oblige him.

I named my Dan Wesson "Lucille" after the teasing scene on the movie Cool Hand Luke. I always name my guns after a movie scene that comes into mind while I'm shooting my gun for the first time,. In the case of the Dan Wesson Bruin, I was like "Lucille, oh Lucille" and drooling over the gun just as the chain gang was drooling over the woman teasing them in the movie. So the gun is named Lucille.
I'm a very serious dude when it comes to personal protection. I do not play games with violent crminals. I will not become the next victim of some deranged Democrat who wants to shoot up a church or any other place I happen to be in. Fortunately I live in an area where concealed carry is normalized and nobody has shot anybody. An armed society is a polite society.
The gun pictured below is in the ER right now because the plunger pin flew off while shooting it. Its Kimber that has been converted into a 460 Rowland. The grips also flew off the gun due to the power of the 460 Rowland cartridge. Obviously Kimber is not a well made gun. But it shoots real straight and has near 44 Magnum power in a semi-auto 1911 pistol. I put Wilson Combat grips on the gun after the Kimber grips broke off while shooting it.
P1010905.JPG

A 460 Rowland is a very powerful cartridge that will stop a mass shooter in one shot. I find 9mm too anemic for self-defense and usually carry a 45 acp. But the 460 Rowland will hopefully soon enter the carry rotation.

I bet if I took you out shooting you'd have the time of your life. I'm a real good teacher as well. Its hard to learn pistols too. Shooting pistols is an art. But there are ways to teach the beginner to shoot well if carefully instructed. We have new shooters coming into the range all the time. They want to learn how to shoot so they can defend themselves against Democrats who go on mass shootings (as their social media profiles are all Democrat). We are just sick of this mass shooting fashion that started to become the normalized under Obama. We take careful and well calculated measures to make sure we know how to act if such a moment is presented. I never had much use for a pistol prior to these mass shootings. But these days I'm not throwing dice with my life or the lives of my friends and family. If I get into a gun fight with a mass shooter then I aim to win that gun fight. And you have to realize that people who conceal carry are automatically at the disadventage. The mass shooter will have a rifle chambered in 5.56 or 7.62 NATO. The power of a rifle caliber will dwarf the power of a pistol caliber. So training is vital to owning a pistol. I see no point in concealed carry unless a person plans on training. For you can also go to prison for collateral damage depending on the nature of that collateral damage. Training is absolute.

You seem like one of those guys who don't like guns. But guns aren't the problem. Its a mental health issue. Those mass shooters don't have an ounch of morality left in them. Anyone who can murder little children has lost all morality and has no morality left in them. Being a Christian, I hold strong to my Christian values. I own guns for protection, target shooting, and hunting. I do not own guns for the purpose of committing violent crimes. Most gun owners do not commit violent crimes. But we can end a violent crime in progress before more people get killed. The biggest problem with concealed carry is that there is no way we can know there is a mass shooter unless we actually see the shooter come into a building with a gun. Unfortunately we have to wait until we hear the shots before we can act. But at church, I sit where I can see the enterance door from a safe place. So if a mass shooter comes into church I will see him first and send him out of the chuch in a body bag.

So what about you? What do you do to defend yourself if in the event a mass shooter decides to shoot the place up? Do you just become a victim? I mean, as an atheist, don't you believe in eternal death with no soul? One might think an atheist might want to take his life more seriously since he only lives once and then dies for all eternity. So when you are out and about, what do you do for self-defense? Have you ever given that any thought before?

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you, an atheist, are trying to speak on behalf of all Christians? Then, as an atheist, you try to preach to Christians about the Antichrist? Please stop while you're behind here. Before Trump decided to run for President, we Christians knew we were being attacked by our own government. I think you know that is true but just don't want to admit that. We know when our rights and way of life, our very thoughts and beliefs, are under attack. We certainly don't need an atheist trying to be our conscience.

If you are worried about Trump putting an end to open season on Christians then I'll take that as a confession you know we Christians are being persecuted. If it wasn;t true you would be supporting Trump. But you hate Trump because he wants to stop open season on Christians. Atheists are having so much fun these days being ordained by the government to attack our freedoms. Atheists think its funny when we lose a family member to atheism or the occult. Atheists laugh when our families are plundered and destroyed by atheism. They think its funny when our young ones lose faith in God and commit suicide. So naturally you'll be opposed to Trump because he does not cater to a country run by atheists that only allows atheists.

You live in a country founded by mostly all Christians who gave you the right to be who you are. In an all atheist country, Christians have no civil rights at all. Consider that.
Perhaps don’t think you can speak on behalf of all atheists.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fortunately when these documented mass churchb shooting so happen, we are able to get into the social media profiles of the shooters to find out the shooters interests. In each and every single case where the shooter is documented, that shooter is a Democrat leftist. It no prank either. They are actually going into churches and shooting all the people because they are Christians. Even here in Wisconsin we'd had more then one church shooting and Wisconsin is a state that lives in peace compared to our neighboring states. But we go get action here. This is why our conservative churches allow concealed carry. I always go to church with a gun for protection.

So you give an anecdotal response, and a generic one at that. Your problem is, as the example given, there are plenty of examples that can be used to show it isn't always Democrats -- even if you use a generic view posted on a Facebook page to automatically label them a Democrat (when they may not actually be political).

So, please find me actual statistics, or at least an actual study, that prove that, "The shooters are all atheist Democrats."

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess we'll just have to hold our breath until ragdoll posts these amply documented and frighteningly frequent atheist democrat church shootings.

I won't be holding my breath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm a licensed carrier. I am well trained. I have had excellent discipline with guns since childhood. My dad was an outstanding marksman with a rifle or a pistol. I grew up respecting guns and been around guns my whole life. People like us aren't itching to shoot anybody. But if somebody (a mass shooter) is itching to got shot, I will oblige him.

I named my Dan Wesson "Lucille" after the teasing scene on the movie Cool Hand Luke. I always name my guns after a movie scene that comes into mind while I'm shooting my gun for the first time,. In the case of the Dan Wesson Bruin, I was like "Lucille, oh Lucille" and drooling over the gun just as the chain gang was drooling over the woman teasing them in the movie. So the gun is named Lucille.
I'm a very serious dude when it comes to personal protection. I do not play games with violent crminals. I will not become the next victim of some deranged Democrat who wants to shoot up a church or any other place I happen to be in. Fortunately I live in an area where concealed carry is normalized and nobody has shot anybody. An armed society is a polite society.
The gun pictured below is in the ER right now because the plunger pin flew off while shooting it. Its Kimber that has been converted into a 460 Rowland. The grips also flew off the gun due to the power of the 460 Rowland cartridge. Obviously Kimber is not a well made gun. But it shoots real straight and has near 44 Magnum power in a semi-auto 1911 pistol. I put Wilson Combat grips on the gun after the Kimber grips broke off while shooting it.
View attachment 342503

A 460 Rowland is a very powerful cartridge that will stop a mass shooter in one shot. I find 9mm too anemic for self-defense and usually carry a 45 acp. But the 460 Rowland will hopefully soon enter the carry rotation.

I bet if I took you out shooting you'd have the time of your life. I'm a real good teacher as well. Its hard to learn pistols too. Shooting pistols is an art. But there are ways to teach the beginner to shoot well if carefully instructed. We have new shooters coming into the range all the time. They want to learn how to shoot so they can defend themselves against Democrats who go on mass shootings (as their social media profiles are all Democrat). We are just sick of this mass shooting fashion that started to become the normalized under Obama. We take careful and well calculated measures to make sure we know how to act if such a moment is presented. I never had much use for a pistol prior to these mass shootings. But these days I'm not throwing dice with my life or the lives of my friends and family. If I get into a gun fight with a mass shooter then I aim to win that gun fight. And you have to realize that people who conceal carry are automatically at the disadventage. The mass shooter will have a rifle chambered in 5.56 or 7.62 NATO. The power of a rifle caliber will dwarf the power of a pistol caliber. So training is vital to owning a pistol. I see no point in concealed carry unless a person plans on training. For you can also go to prison for collateral damage depending on the nature of that collateral damage. Training is absolute.

You seem like one of those guys who don't like guns. But guns aren't the problem. Its a mental health issue. Those mass shooters don't have an ounch of morality left in them. Anyone who can murder little children has lost all morality and has no morality left in them. Being a Christian, I hold strong to my Christian values. I own guns for protection, target shooting, and hunting. I do not own guns for the purpose of committing violent crimes. Most gun owners do not commit violent crimes. But we can end a violent crime in progress before more people get killed. The biggest problem with concealed carry is that there is no way we can know there is a mass shooter unless we actually see the shooter come into a building with a gun. Unfortunately we have to wait until we hear the shots before we can act. But at church, I sit where I can see the enterance door from a safe place. So if a mass shooter comes into church I will see him first and send him out of the chuch in a body bag.
It's weird. That was the most coherent thing I've seen you write on this entire site. Earlier you came off a bit disturbing. I'm glad you don't treat your weapon flippantly.
So what about you? What do you do to defend yourself if in the event a mass shooter decides to shoot the place up?
Why would I worry about that? Despite the disturbingly high rate of such events in this country relative to other nations, it is still incredibly rare. I've never even been close to anything where a weapon might be used or be useful.
Do you just become a victim? I mean, as an atheist, don't you believe in eternal death with no soul? One might think an atheist might want to take his life more seriously since he only lives once and then dies for all eternity.
All death is forever. So what?
So when you are out and about, what do you do for self-defense?
Nobody has ever tried to mess with me. Maybe I just *look* like I'm crazy enough to shoot back.
Have you ever given that any thought before?
No. I don't live in fear of my neighbors.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The majority of Christians disagree with you. The overwhelming majority of us see how our government is openly attacking our faith. You may not see that but, then again, you are a very small tiny minority of Christians who say we are not oppressed. So are the rest of us delusional? We never made such claims until Obama got into office. He began forcing his Marxist ideology on the country and here we are talking about the harm his Marxist ideology has done to erode our civil rights as Christians. Had there been no socialist movement in this country we would not be saying we are oppressed (since we never said anything like that prior to the rise of socialism in America). I hope that makes sense.
What civil rights have we been denied or lost as a group? Oh they keep trying, but they haven't succeeded by and large.

The government hasn't passed any laws that oppress us. Yes the left is pushing a Marxist leftist ideology on everyone. It's true. But we are not oppressed. We haven't lost any governmental rights. In fact I'd say in some ways we have gained some ground even though we have also lost some ground in the social ideological battle. But rights? What civil rights have Christians lost?

Please convince me we are oppressed. I never said anyone was delusional. Just mistaken. But I would sincerely like to know in what way you are oppressed. In what way am I oppressed?

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
What civil rights have we been denied or lost as a group? Oh they keep trying, but they haven't succeeded by and large.

The government hasn't passed any laws that oppress us. Yes the left is pushing a Marxist leftist ideology on everyone. It's true. But we are not oppressed. We haven't lost any governmental rights. In fact I'd say in some ways we have gained some ground even though we have also lost some ground in the social ideological battle. But rights? What civil rights have Christians lost?

Please convince me we are oppressed. I never said anyone was delusional. Just mistaken. But I would sincerely like to know in what way you are oppressed. In what way am I oppressed?
Didn't you read his posts? He said already. Hordes of atheist Democrats waiting in the shadows to pop out in their churches and kill them all thereby depriving them of their right to practice their faith in peace. It happens, like, all the time, apparently.

Upvote 0