Should President Trump Apologize to Obama?

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As if anyone is surprised that within the incessant lying of Trump a particularly outlandish falsehood was made against Obama concerning wire tapping. Though it had been dismissed by many at the time now his own DOJ has confirmed that there is absolutely no evidence for such an abhorrent false statement. In spite of Huckabee-Sanders constant fumbling defense of Trump regardless of the truth and simply dismissing with "That is old news", should Trump apologize for such a defamatory claim? After all Trump, with his overinflated ego fully in tact, stated that "Nobody loves the Bible more than I do" ... does a Christian have a responsibility to "right a wrong" against someone?

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Though it had been dismissed by many at the time now his own DOJ has confirmed that there is absolutely no evidence for such an abhorrent false statement.

Appreciating that many are given to invoking "Fake News" so I thought I would offer a wide range, it can be made wider, confirming the DOJ findings:

Justice Department: No evidence Obama wiretapped Trump Tower

No Evidence Trump Tower Was Wiretapped, Justice Department Says

Justice Department affirms no evidence Obama wiretapped Trump

DOJ: No evidence Trump Tower was wiretapped

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I honestly can't see Trump humbling himself enough to apologize to Obama. I would be very surprised if he actually admitted any wrongdoing and admitted he made a mistake, because his usual habit is to instantly blame other people for his mistakes and then go onto to Twitter and rant about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Targaryen
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the correction. I wonder if he's quizzed about the bible, if he'd answer the questions correctly since he claims that nobody reads the people more than him. Anyway, it's still interesting for someone who called Second Corinthians "Two Corinthians".

One can find references to Trump saying "Nobody loves the Bible more than I do" but I haven't found any well sourced...most likely I copied it wrong.

The accusation against Obama is well known, and proved to be totally false and quite slanderous. I'm waiting for the Trump loyalists to defend, other than Huckabee Sanders, for clearly this rises to a test of virtue, and specifically Christian virtue.
(Perhaps Huckabee Sanders hides behind some convoluted sense of Christian compromising on Christian principles...thus dismissing such virtues as not applying to politics as it states in Ephesians 7:12)

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does "no evidence" mean the same thing as "nothing happened"?
Especially in an organization where evidence routinely gets lost?

Actually to most rational people Yes, no evidence would indicate a false charge. Understand that this final assessment comes from the DOJ under Sessions, appointed by Trump. Also, that the FISA court is in place from the Chief Justice...I believe he was appointed by a republican President for his conservative views.

Can Presidents order wire taps?
Are you familiar with the FISA courts?
Do you know of any evidence to consider?
Are you prone to conspiracy theories?
Are you still on board with the "birthers"?

*I almost forgot...it was a British spy agency, correct?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Of course he ought to apologize. Of course it's highly unlikely he ever will. I doubt Trump has a clue about what the 9th commandment even is, much less any desire to follow what the Bible teaches on how to repent for breaking it.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Of course he ought to apologize. Of course it's highly unlikely he ever will. I doubt Trump has a clue about what the 9th commandment even is, much less any desire to follow what the Bible teaches on how to repent for breaking it.

The man had a prayer breakfast, even if it was supposed to be in "jest", pray for TV ratings. I don't think Trump has a clue about anything in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As if anyone is surprised that within the incessant lying of Trump a particularly outlandish falsehood was made against Obama concerning wire tapping. Though it had been dismissed by many at the time now his own DOJ has confirmed that there is absolutely no evidence for such an abhorrent false statement. In spite of Huckabee-Sanders constant fumbling defense of Trump regardless of the truth and simply dismissing with "That is old news", should Trump apologize for such a defamatory claim? After all Trump, with his overinflated ego fully in tact, stated that "Nobody loves the Bible more than I do" ... does a Christian have a responsibility to "right a wrong" against someone?

Should? Yes.
Will? Unlikely.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Should? Yes.
Will? Unlikely.

Perhaps it is the view of some Christians that we needn't take responsibility for our verbal indiscretions...obviously Huckabee-Sanders a professed Christian thinks that is the case.

Upvote 0

HighwayMan

Aug 7, 2007
✟17,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Of course not, as you know a huuuge amount of evidence of wire tapping is about to be presented - extremely, extremely soon. Just have faith in Dear Leader, he always delivers. Oh and the Mexicans, they have a check for 10 billion dollars for the wall, about to deliver it tomorrow I hear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is Risen 72

Colossians 2:14 The Law is nailed to the Cross!!
Sep 3, 2013
Michigan
✟27,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If anything, President Trump should thank Obama for destroying the country so much and giving Trump the opportunity to build it up better than the failure that Barry made it into.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If anything, President Trump should thank Obama for destroying the country so much and giving Trump the opportunity to build it up better than the failure that Barry made it into.

Would you enlighten us as to exactly how Obama "destroyed" the country? Would you also be able to address the OP in addition to your assertion.

• Winner
Reactions: CitizenD
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Does "no evidence" mean the same thing as "nothing happened"?

Especially in an organization where evidence routinely gets lost?

He was referring to the wiretap and unmasking that everyone admitted happened. However, the media and the left is using Trump's notorious poor communication skills to try and make it look like the tweets were about literally wiretapping his phone.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He was referring to the wiretap and unmasking that everyone admitted happened. However, the media and the left is using Trump's notorious poor communication skills to try and make it look like the tweets were about literally wiretapping his phone.

Trump was quite explicit that Obama was directly involved with surveillance/"wires tapped". What wire tap? Unmasking is not the same as "wire tap"...is it?... and it involved subordinates not Trump Tower?

Further, Trump tweeted "How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!"

This was a blatant slanderous lie, falsehood, fabrication, etc. and now Trump's own DoJ says no evidence...of either Obama's ordered "wires Tapped" or any kind of surveillance.

Pretty frightening when a president requires translators, excuses, creative parsing, and Christians to defend his incessant lies.

• Agree
Reactions: CitizenD
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Trump's Wiretapping Claim Based on Warrants Granted to FBI

Trump was quite explicit that Obama was directly involved with surveillance/"wires tapped". What wire tap? Unmasking is not the same as "wire tap"...is it?... and it involved subordinates not Trump Tower?

Further, Trump tweeted "How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!"

This was a blatant slanderous lie, falsehood, fabrication, etc. and now Trump's own DoJ says no evidence...of either Obama's ordered "wires Tapped" or any kind of surveillance.

Pretty frightening when a president requires translators, excuses, creative parsing, and Christians to defend his incessant lies.

Pretty sad when Christians want to pretend that Christ's commands don't apply to their political opponents.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0