Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
- Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
- Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
- Access to private conversations with other members.
- Less Advertisements! Members see fewer ads and have the option to upgrade their account to ad free!
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
The unworthy Melkite Catholic Monk, Male, 65, from Phoenix, Arizona
I am an Eastern Catholic Monk (Melkite), I am also an artist. I work in binary art, (what I call computer generated art) Jul 23, 2016
- Monk Brendan was last seen:
- Feb 21, 2017 at 3:27 PM
There are no messages on Monk Brendan's profile yet.
- Jun 18, 1951 (Age: 65)
- Home Page:
- Phoenix, Arizona
- St. John of the Desert Melkite Catholic Church
- Fav. Books:
- Lord of the Rings
- Fav. Verse:
- Heb 10:24-25
- Life View:
- Baptism Date:
- Bible Version:
- Orthodox Study Bible
- End Times View:
- Marital Status:
- Fav. Hymn/ Worship Song:
- Christ is Risen
- Current Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for Fr. Peter, Monk Basil and myself.
- Origin of the Life View:
- Old Earth Creation
- Melkite Catholic
- Date accepted Christ / Years as a Christian:
- 39 years
I began life as a Roman Catholic. I left the Church when I graduated from High School, as I was an atheist at the time. God is just too relentless to ignore Him completely, so I relaxed, decided that agnostic was a better term, and I was "happy" letting Him turn the world, etc.
- Personal Testimony - How I became a Christian:
- I was baptized as an infant. However, I really began cooperating with God's plan of salvation and His will for me when I was 26 years old. It is a long story, much too long to be told in 1000 characters If I find a way to relate the whole story, I will do that.
Well my sister started going to an RC prayer group, and she tried hard to get me to come. I did, and I felt that it was a real waste of time. She got me to go to another, and another, until finally I started listening to what the other people were saying, and after listening for a while, I decided to start cooperating with God, and with His plan of salvation for me. Thirty-nine years later, and I am still doing my best to cooperate with him, listen to Him, and try to follow what he says in his Word.
About fifteen years ago, I was tonsured a Rassaphore Monk, and I have been living a monastic life ever since.
SignaturePray for me,
the repentant and unworthy monk Brendan
God is love.
Powered by APPLE
Chief Bottle Washer and Bootblack to His Imperial Majesty, the Mikado