• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Masks Are Essentially Worthless

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by Redwingfan9, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostMarbels

LostMarbels All-Lives-Matter

+3,815
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    They are not 'perceived'. They are inalienable. As in: "unable to be taken away from or given away by the possessor."

Seems many people do not understand that.

2. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+1,855
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Apparently, only in 'murica!

3. Isilwen

+1,855
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    What many don't understand is that during a pandemic that same constitution does gives the government the power to enforce things such as masks for the greater good.

4. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,376
    Christian
    Private
    Spanish flu was not from spane, and caused massive racisim and problems for spane for identifying it, it was in many other countries, except they hid that fact due to the war effort.

German measels was first identified by a german doctor and as far as I can tell thats more likly the reason for being called it.

There is also swine flu from a few years ago that led to idiots killing pigs out of fear. They stopped calling diseases after their origins and such because A) not always actually where they originate and B) causes racism and other issues. Just have to look at the people who complain about pelosi saying you could go to china town.

5. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+3,550
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, and the OPer is leading horses to waters as well. You just deem yourself a greater leader than him. And maybe you are....maybe you are not.

The smart will choose the side that makes the most sense and follow them.

The wise, will find their own way with the help of the one who sees and knows all things.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  6. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+2,654
    Christian
    Private
    Youre ignoring the studies that show the opposite. In the end the US is on the wrong end of the numbers to be offering any valuable advice. You said your self it's politicised... well doesn't that work both ways?

7. paul1149

paul1149 that your faith might rest in the power of God Supporter

+5,189
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    Thank you.

8. Neostarwcc

Neostarwcc We are saved purely by the work and grace of God. Supporter

+2,944
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    Yet surgical masks have been preventing doctors and nurses from catching illnesses for several decades (about the 1960s). Long before the corona virus the swine flu or any other epidemic siince the 60s. I wonder why if surgical masks dont work...

Seriously, they work my mother was a nurse for over 40 years. They only will not work if 1 of 3 of the following scenarios happen.

1. The doctor or nurse puts them on wrong or disposes them wrong by touching the front of it and then make contact with their mouth.
    2. The mask comes off.
    3. They dont wear a mask.

Those are literally the only 3 scenarios where a surgical mask will not work. Theyve been working at preventing medical personel from getting every disease since before you were probably born...(just a guess could be wrong)

I know the general public are making their own cloth masks but they're literally the same thing. They're just cheaper to make.

That being said you are right in the sense that if God wants you to have an illness and the corona virus, you're going to get it. You're not right that surgical masks are worthless. They just would get the illness another way.

9. LostMarbels

+3,815
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    The constitution limits the governments power. It does not afford the government powers. It is literally a list of what cannot be taken from the citizenry.

Power enumerated to congress:

• levy and collect taxes,
    • coin money and regulate its value,
    • provide punishment for counterfeiting,
    • establish post offices and roads,
    • promote progress of science by issuing patents,
    • create federal courts inferior to the Supreme Court,
    • combat piracies and felonies,
    • declare war,
    • raise and support armies,
    • provide and maintain a navy,
    • make rules for the regulation of land and naval forces,
    • exercise exclusive legislation in the District of Columbia,
    • make laws necessary to properly execute powers.

Which one are you saying masks fall under?

10. Isilwen

+1,855
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    But according to Lindsay Wiley, the director of the Health Law and Policy Program at American University, there is a legal basis for mandatory masks.

Q&A: Are Face Mask Requirements Legal?

At this point, I really really wish I could leave this country!

11. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,376
    Christian
    Private

Immunity may not exist without vaccine, this also ignores the strain on the medical profession and hospitals that is very real. 1400 people died yesterday many of them preventable if people had done any modicum of effort to stop spreading the disease.

12. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+3,550
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Let's review this closely using your numbers.... 3% of 330,000,000 million, is 9,900,000 million lives.

You are asking us, Who serve a God who would leave HEAVEN to save ONE LOST life..... Why we would force people to wear a cloth on their face in public, when on its best day, it could potentially save (only) 10 million people?

You would not take this inconvenience because 10 million people is too small a number to warrant this inconvenience?

I have you say....you got me of this one....I do not know how to respond.

Let just think about others for a second, if we can. I know of people who lost multiple family members in the same family...parents and siblings. Do you think that they would appreciate it more if we do what we can to save as many people as we can, no matter the percentage.....or if promote the idea that we should just let everyone get it who will get it and let just let death come to whom it will?

13. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Well-Known Member

+1,502
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    They aren't the same thing though which is why surgical masks are marginally better than cloth masks.

14. LostMarbels

+3,815
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    That is not what I asked. What constitutional authority does the federal government have to infringe upon the citizenry's rights?

You can. Here is the info on how to do so.

Renunciation of U.S. Nationality Abroad

15. Isilwen

+1,855
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    If you read the article, it will give you what you seek.

I really cannot as I have two little ones from a divorce here that I will not leave behind!

16. Neostarwcc

Neostarwcc We are saved purely by the work and grace of God. Supporter

+2,944
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    They are. Surgical masks work because instead of the virus or bacteria from said disease going into your mouth it goes onto the mask instead. That's why if you touch the front of the mask with your hand and then touch your mouth you will get the disease. But if you dispose of it properly (grab it by the sides and throw it away) then you wont get the disease.

Cloth masks are made the exact same way and fulfill that purpose the CV goes on the mask instead of in your mouth and you throw it away properly

My mother insists it's safe unlike with surgical masks to even wash the cloth masks in the washing machine afterwards and reuse them. But I don't agree with her on everything. Although, shes probably right. She was a highly educated nurse for many years. Half of the time my mom knows more than half of our doctors...

17. LostMarbels

+3,815
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Do you understand the difference between what is legislated, or mandated or even just a policy?

They cannot make wearing a mask in to a law, because that would be legislatively unconstitutional. Thusly, they attempt to enforce an unlegislated non-law, as law, by coercive means. It has no teeth. You cannot be prosecuted for an opinion or non legislated issues. There is no law to be broken, it is therefore unenforceable. Kind of like a 'mandatory' evacuation before a storm. It is not enforceable by law, cannot be legislatively enacted, and is nothing more that a stern warning.

18. NotreDame

NotreDame Domer Supporter

+2,384
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Others
    So? Why does a consensus matter? What matters is the evidence.

Why do you continue with the false narrative "knowing that the mask isn't going to save them from Coronavirus." The mask is to reduce the transmission of the virus and the risk of spreading the virus.

19. parousia70

parousia70 Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow Supporter

+3,951
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others

Which one would you say the requirement to wear ANY Clothing at all falls under?

20. Isilwen

+1,855
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I disagree with you! If people cannot see that the government is trying to do what's best for the greater good, this country is so far gone that it may be past the point of no return.

This is why I want to leave. At least other countries, while they disliked being shutdown, the citizens did it because they care for their fellow countrymen. Their countries also supported the people while they were staying home, something our government is unwilling to really do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.