Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd say its important to realize you can pursue the goals and dreams that you wouldn't be able to do if you weren't single. And with this being the case go ahead and pursue your dreams, pursue something of the utmost meaning to you personally. And since you are single you can go at this thing with everything you have. Figure out what you want to do, aim for it, pursue it relentlessly and this is the best thing you can possibly do with your freedom that won't be available when you are married.

A lot of people don't realize what they are capable of doing BECAUSE they are single and that they really need to take advantage of this. If they do this, not only will they achieve something amazing but that will have the added bonus of making you more appealing to a future potential mate. So it serves two very important purposes at once.

One last tip I can give you is don't become one of those people who complain about being single, because that is counterproductive to living a meaningful life and that energy could be better used to make yourself a much deeper person. And being single is as good of a time as you'll ever have to make this happen.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do not mind being single, my psychology is good at being alone. Probably genetic.. cannot tell you how many people in my family have never married. My only sisters will probably never marry and have the same experience of never "falling in love" with someone in their life.

Not that I am incapable of feeling "love". I would like to get married someday.. but I'm not jealous of people who are married. Their lifestyles sounds like a nightmare to me. If I do marry someone they need to value their alone time and like being alone themselves. Heck.. if I had the money.. I'd probably have two houses where we can use them to get away from each other for a few weeks. Lol.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Realize that being single isn't a second place or a holding place or an overflow room. It is your life, which contains many phases and developmental processes which don't end just because you are grown.

There is nothing wrong with being single. It does not have to be a time of longing or discouragement or feeling left out, less than, or impatient. Your life, regardless of your circumstances, marital status, family situation, or any other aspect, does not change who you are as a person, your value, or the quality of your life. There is no reason to feel that your life can't be full or truly begin until you aren't single anymore.

Your question should not be how to make the most of your single years. It should be how to make to most of you life.

• Agree
Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey everyone! What are some of your tips and advice for making the most out of your singleness and being grateful where God has you?

1. Never stop learning. If you haven't gone to college yet, find a way to do so.

2. Find a career that feeds your soul. The saying "If you love what you do then you never work a day in your life" is very true. Don't just look for a "job", chase a career path that you feel certain is what God wired you to do. If you have to go to college, or get some specialized training to do it, then do exactly that. Because believe me, it's totally worth it.

3. Explore the world. Even here in the U.S. there's so much to see, to look out over the massive landscapes of this planet and take in the awe inspiring vistas. It gives you a sense of place in the order of things.

4. The quickest way to happiness as a single person is understanding the appropriate amount of time and energy one should put into pursuing relationships. If you spend all your time trying to find a boyfriend/girlfriend/future spouse, you're going to get very depressed very fast and ultimately waste a lot of your single years focusing on some idealized version of your life rather than embracing the life you have right now. I know I've gotten too sucked into my relationship status when I stop and realize that I have accounts on three different dating sites. So, I cancel all of those accounts, delete any apps I have, and refocus my energy on being present here and now as a single guy.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey everyone! What are some of your tips and advice for making the most out of your singleness and being grateful where God has you?

I practice lifestyle design. Though that wasn't the word I've used in the past. I basically created two conjoined spheres which represent my purpose and marriage. And I intentionally pursued activities and knowledge that would benefit one or both. I give myself 5-10% latitude for leisure.

I usually take courses or pursue training geared for professionals. I dive deep on a topic and develop expertise that can be utilized later on. Since leaving the workforce, I've had an opportunity to do a lot and feed my mind.

For example, this year's activities include fashion design and illustration, image consulting, writing, coaching, decorating, sewing, art history, etiquette and communication. All of that relates to my purpose.

However, my future spouse benefits from my proficiency: image consulting (his appearance), writing (letters and household correspondence ), coaching (personal and professional support), decorating (pleasing environment), sewing (mending), art history (culture), etiquette (poise), communication (networking).

Making my future spouse look good is very important to me. I am a reflection of him. The time and care I've invested in my purpose and personal development shines favorably on him. I don't believe I should rest on my laurels. When he asks what I've been doing while I waited I want to have a worthy response. He will have his crown. Not in name only. In deed too. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I practice lifestyle design. Though that wasn't the word I've used in the past. I basically created two conjoined spheres which represent my purpose and marriage. And I intentionally pursued activities and knowledge that would benefit one or both. I give myself 5-10% latitude for leisure.

I usually take courses or pursue training geared for professionals. I dive deep on a topic and develop expertise that can be utilized later on. Since leaving the workforce, I've had an opportunity to do a lot and feed my mind.

For example, this year's activities include fashion design and illustration, image consulting, writing, coaching, decorating, sewing, art history, etiquette and communication. All of that relates to my purpose.

However, my future spouse benefits from my proficiency: image consulting (his appearance), writing (letters and household correspondence ), coaching (personal and professional support), decorating (pleasing environment), sewing (mending), art history (culture), etiquette (poise), communication (networking).

Making my future spouse look good is very important to me. I am a reflection of him. The time and care I've invested in my purpose and personal development shines favorably on him. I don't believe I should rest on my laurels. When he asks what I've been doing while I waited I want to have a worthy response. He will have his crown. Not in name only. In deed too. :)
Golly. I gotta say, that was one heck of a response. The only thing left is to post your picture. Lol

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Transfer the desire to love someone into energy. And do the things that connect you to your inner-self as well as the ENTIRE human race.

Nothing happens by accident where God is concerned. You're more than likely being asked to step up and make a difference if you are single - the sorts of things that you won't have the time nor the commitment for if you're in a relationship (they tend to demand a lot of your time and energy.)

Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would say to value your time being single,and to value all the things that you will be able to do while your single,and able to do them before you meet someone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums