Magnolia, AR
✟994,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ou wouldn't object in the slightest if she wanted some uber-cheesy rom-com like, say, The Notebook?

I don't know if Saucy would object to it, but I DEFINITELY WOULD.

• Haha
Reactions: Plenipotent
Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A good Christmas film, like Did Hard.
Bahah! I always watch Die Hard every Christmas. It's part of my tradition with friends, so I understand this. :tearsofjoy: "It's not Christmas until Hans Gruber falls from Nakatomi Plaza."

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What's with all The Notebook dislike?! :tearsofjoy: It can't be that bad! Now I definitely need to watch it.

This is a "love story" where I constantly asked myself, "Am I really supposed to be cheering for this couple?"

To put it lightly.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
...I'm all ears for your take on the ultimate...
...Maybe you've got this awesome date memory you want to relive...

I do not have any ultimate date ideas.

But I do have a memory I want to share.

It wasn't a date; it was with a guy I was friends with before we became romantically involved with each other. We had gone to see the movie "Zombieland". If you haven't seen the movie, there's a character that goes by the name Columbus. There's a scene where Columbus encounters actor Bill Murray pretending to be a zombie. Columbus thinks that he is a real zombie and ends up shooting him. My friend and I laughed about it for a long time. We had a good time...

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I do not have any ultimate date ideas.

But I do have a memory I want to share.

It wasn't a date; it was with a guy I was friends with before we became romantically involved with each other. We had gone to see the movie "Zombieland". If you haven't seen the movie, there's a character that goes by the name Columbus. There's a scene where Columbus encounters actor Bill Murray pretending to be a zombie. Columbus thinks that he is a real zombie and ends up shooting him. My friend and I laughed about it for a long time. We had a good time...
Ah yes! I remember that part! Bill Murray says something to the effect of, "It's my own fault, I'm too good of an actor." :tearsofjoy: That's a great memory, thank you for sharing!

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What's with all The Notebook dislike?! :tearsofjoy: It can't be that bad! Now I definitely need to watch it.
It's...a great example of a very unhealthy relationship that we're somehow supposed to cheer for. But it is a very well done, well acted film, for sure.

• Wow
Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With autumn at hand, I long with all my soul to have someone to simply stroll with under the multi-hued canopy of leaves, hand in hand, chuckling when they drift down on our heads or gently slap us in the face. Then going home to turn on a favorite movie and snuggle up cozily on the loveseat with the evening all brisk and dark beyond the windowpane. Maybe fall asleep with my head on his chest. I would be in utter bliss.

Not a "first" date idea, obviously.

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟211.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I've never personally dated anyone so you people will be getting a kind of Freudian look into who I am by me stating this. I think a picnic by a lake would allow both parties to be able to talk about who they are while also establishing common ground in a friendly manner while simultaneously being surrounded by nature. Ideally that nature is not hostile but I suppose that could potentially make it fun. Though depending on where you are it could also require a machete, so maybe avoid places like Alaska (mountain lions) or India (tigers) as I don't think taking a machete to a date would come off well.

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've never personally dated anyone so you people will be getting a kind of Freudian look into who I am by me stating this. I think a picnic by a lake would allow both parties to be able to talk about who they are while also establishing common ground in a friendly manner while simultaneously being surrounded by nature. Ideally that nature is not hostile but I suppose that could potentially make it fun. Though depending on where you are it could also require a machete, so maybe avoid places like Alaska (mountain lions) or India (tigers) as I don't think taking a machete to a date would come off well.
Unless you both bring a machete!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Eating in front of another person, especially if I'm nervous, is not an ideal first date for me. I'd be anxious not to spill anything, get food stuck in my teeth, burp, hiccup, have food-smelly breath for the rest of the date, etc lol. Just for me, personally, I'd prefer a foodless first date. Subsequent dates after that, when I'm not buzzing with nerves? Sure.

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Eating in front of another person, especially if I'm nervous, is not an ideal first date for me. I'd be anxious not to spill anything, get food stuck in my teeth, burp, hiccup, have food-smelly breath for the rest of the date, etc lol. Just for me, personally, I'd prefer a foodless first date. Subsequent dates after that, when I'm not buzzing with nerves? Sure.
That's understandable!

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, no plate of spaghetti on the first date? Haha

• Haha
Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, no plate of spaghetti on the first date? Haha
Oh my gosh, lol. That would be fun for a later date, though LOL. Just make a mess and laugh through it! Lady and the Tramp style :D

Upvote 0