Lack of Confidence, Women, and Looks (Advice Please)

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,743.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Oh. Well you see that would be what we call humor. At 61 I'm allowed to have a sense of humor about women, lol. But I like all the women and don't have anything against them. But lets face it, some women are nicer than others.

Women have the short end of the stick on this planet. I'm not without a sense of appreciation for all women. God really knew what he was doing when he made a helper for Adam. But we have to live with each other and so a bit of battle between the sexes is a good thing. It keeps the atmosphere light.

Or at least it used to? Is is not politically correct to make jokes with women or about them anymore? Geez, where's the fun in that? Are the youngsters going to call me out on charges of insensitivity or something now? Jeff Cooper was right, this is the age of the ninny. Don't be so thin skinned, youngster.

Do you thinK my wife takes this sort of crap from me without a word? Oh no. SHe has a mouth too, and we have great fun with it because we keep it in proper perspective. I love a girl with spirit. As long as she fights fair. None of the kids fight fair nowadays.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,555.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are the youngsters going to call me out on charges of insensitivity or something now? Jeff Cooper was right, this is the age of the ninny. Don't be so thin skinned, youngster.
...None of the kids fight fair nowadays.
To be fair, today's "youngsters" were brought up by your generation, you were/are their parents. If you do not like what they have become, its something you did wrong.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To be fair, today's "youngsters" were brought up by your generation, you were/are their parents. If you do not like what they have become, its something you did wrong.

I'm sorry I let you down son. I'm sure you'll do much better with your sons. At least my sons are not gay, lol.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,555.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry I let you down son. I'm sure you'll do much better with your sons. At least my sons are not gay, lol.
Thats not how it works. And yes, you should be sorry for how your generation let the current young generation down. You basically lived on their expense. Talking about USA. Mocking them is the last thing you should do.

Upvote 0

Citanul

May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,743.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Oh. Well you see that would be what we call humor. At 61 I'm allowed to have a sense of humor about women, lol.
You are, but I wouldn't call a disparaging remark about women in response to a criticism for making an initial disparaging remark humour.
If you have a wife then you're posting in the wrong forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheLastGeek
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thats not how it works. And yes, you should be sorry for how your generation let the current young generation down. You basically lived on their expense. Talking about USA. Mocking them is the last thing you should do.

What do you mean I lived on my kids expense?

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are, but I wouldn't call a disparaging remark about women in response to a criticism for making an initial disparaging remark humour.

Oh man, grow a pair. It's all in fun. I'm sorry if you lost your sense of humor.

If you have a wife then you're posting in the wrong forum.

I knew someone would whine about that. Ok my kids are grown and she jumped ship, so I am single. It was a 26 year marriage. That's pretty good nowadays. I couldn't have been that bad or she wouldn't have stayed that long.

I know. But if I was that good then she'd still be here. Touche'. So I'm ok but not perfect.

Upvote 0

Citanul

May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,743.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
It's all in fun.
Not in the exchange that you had. That wasn't the appropriate context to make a joke like that.

I knew someone would whine about that.
Then why word it in the way that you did?

Reactions: TheLastGeek
Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. I am hardly a thin-skinned person, and I enjoy humor and jokes as much as anyone. But throwing in a hasty "Oh, I was just kidding" after insulting masses of people (without any hint of humor, I might add) is the path of someone who doesn't have the stones to handle the consequences of their own words.

• Winner
Reactions: TheRealAriel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Oh. Well you see that would be what we call humor. At 61 I'm allowed to have a sense of humor about women, lol. But I like all the women and don't have anything against them. But lets face it, some women are nicer than others.

Women have the short end of the stick on this planet. I'm not without a sense of appreciation for all women. God really knew what he was doing when he made a helper for Adam. But we have to live with each other and so a bit of battle between the sexes is a good thing. It keeps the atmosphere light.

Or at least it used to? Is is not politically correct to make jokes with women or about them anymore? Geez, where's the fun in that? Are the youngsters going to call me out on charges of insensitivity or something now? Jeff Cooper was right, this is the age of the ninny. Don't be so thin skinned, youngster.

Do you thinK my wife takes this sort of crap from me without a word? Oh no. SHe has a mouth too, and we have great fun with it because we keep it in proper perspective. I love a girl with spirit. As long as she fights fair. None of the kids fight fair nowadays.

You just made CF Singles great again! Or not.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ah, yes, the millions of us "western/American" women are absolutely useless and not worth your time. Everyone knows the hallmark of an intelligent, discerning, mature man is lumping millions of people into a stereotype. Well done.

And ya wonder why the ladies are leaving in droves.

Consider the fact, many of these men have been single and possibly unhappy for a long time. They'll be frustrated and somewhat angry at women and possibly blaming the culture and society too, the unrelenting promotion of the accumulation of wealth, pitting us against each other. To make us hate each other.

We are all responsible for the choices we make.... But can't deny the fact, our leaders have way bigger accountability to how their subjects or people under their influences will behave. They either did something or did nothing.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,555.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean I lived on my kids expense?
Your generation. USA looked like some economical miracle, but it was all on debt your children, grand-children and grand-grand-children will have to pay off in one way or another. USA is the only developed country in which new generation is expected to have worse life than their parents.

Climate destruction, environmental destruction. Putting children in front of TVs. Sexual revolution, drugs. Corporatism, economic inequality. Junk foods instead of proper nutrition. Fathers were either not present in families or did not care about proper upbringing. The current generation has no working examples of relationships, finances, healthy lifestyle etc. So they struggle a lot in everything and are sensitive, with many mental problems, duh. And their children are confused even more. Who would guess.

And it still continues - old politicians unwilling to solve real problems, kicking the can down the road and lying and distracting and dividing people with nonsensical issues instead of painfully solving the real ones they made. Protecting corporations, not people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Consider the fact, many of these men have been single and possibly unhappy for a long time. They'll be frustrated and somewhat angry at women and possibly blaming the culture and society too, the unrelenting promotion of the accumulation of wealth, pitting us against each other. To make us hate each other.

We are all responsible for the choices we make.... But can't deny the fact, our leaders have way bigger accountability to how their subjects or people under their influences will behave. They either did something or did nothing.
I am profoundly familiar with these sorts of attitudes, including the hideous "incel" culture. I wish I weren't, but I am.

The thing is, every single one of these men knows at least ONE woman who is decent, good, etc. More than likely, they all know multiple women who are wonderful. They may not be eligible bachelorettes, they may be mothers, sisters, co-workers, married friends. But I guarantee you, they all know at least one lovely lady. Therefore, their bitterness and acrid, twisted point of view, is a choice. Because the presence of one wonderful person of the opposite sex in your life, means that your singlehood is not because the opposite sex as a whole is bad. It means you're focusing on the interactions that have gone negatively, and you're putting on blinders to the fact that good women/men are out there, and you may just need to look harder, wait longer, or God forbid, work on yourself to become a better person who can attract the sorts of relationships you want.

I have little pity for people who can't think for themselves or make up their own minds using the brains God gave them. Culture, society, social media, etc, should not be blamed for individuals' ways of thinking and behaving. There is no "leader" out there who influences the way I see men or relationships.

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have little pity for people who can't think for themselves or make up their own minds using the brains God gave them. Culture, society, social media, etc, should not be blamed for individuals' ways of thinking and behaving. There is no "leader" out there who influences the way I see men or relationships.

For most years of my life, I'm not an incel. But somehow, glad I didn't try. This last decade, we saw a huge change in our culture and to me, it's for the worse and my married relatives are separating left and right.

I'd like to make it clear it's not just a woman problem. I'm seeing similar degree of problems in men. They just express it differently.

They have pluses and minuses in different things. But overall is bad. Even men, I don't get them anymore and having difficulty making friends with men even if we're the same generation, same age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For most years of my life, I'm not an incel. But somehow, glad I didn't try. This last decade, we saw a huge change in our culture and to me, it's for the worse and my married relatives are separating left and right.

I'd like to make it clear it's not just a woman problem. I'm seeing similar degree of problems in men. They just express it differently.

They have pluses and minuses in different things. But overall is bad. Even men, I don't get them anymore and having difficulty making friends with men even if we're the same generation, same age.
I agree with all of this. The world has gone through a seismic shift since around 2005-2010 and it just seems to be accelerating in awfulness with every year that goes by.

Yet this just makes me more and more determined to remain a sane, rational, decent human being, despite what others may be doing, promoting, believing, or hawking.

If we're going down in flames, I want to say that I stood firm for everything I believe in, and I didn't succumb to the madness.

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with all of this. The world has gone through a seismic shift since around 2005-2010 and it just seems to be accelerating in awfulness with every year that goes by.

Yet this just makes me more and more determined to remain a sane, rational, decent human being, despite what others may be doing, promoting, believing, or hawking.

If we're going down in flames, I want to say that I stood firm for everything I believe in, and I didn't succumb to the madness.
I wholeheartedly agree. I posted recently in another thread about withdrawing from posting here for this reason. We do not need to be like these extremist groups in society.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,200.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I thought 2005 - 2010 were good years.^_^

But 2004 was way better. I did went through a major emotional roller coaster storm from 2005 - 2010 but I don't think it was due to the "seismic shift" you describe but from my own stupidity.

An even bigger rollercoaster storm of emotions 6 months before Covid started in Wuhan but this was due to my father having a stroke and then passing away.

I think the problem we have today started when the masses or "common man or woman" can now become influencers.

You know how most people are. Money-loving, self-absorbed, short-sighted, herd-mentality individuals.

And these qualities even magnified for the worse and people end getting even more money-loving, even more self-absorbed, mean, hear-mentality as they compete against each other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thought 2005 - 2010 were good years.^_^

But 2004 was way better. I did went through a major emotional roller coaster storm from 2005 - 2010 but I don't think it was due to the "seismic shift" you describe but from my own stupidity.

An even bigger rollercoaster storm of emotions 6 months before Covid started in Wuhan but this was due to my father having a stroke and then passing away.

I think the problem we have today started when the masses or "common man or woman" can now become influencers.

You know how most people are. Money-loving, self-absorbed, short-sighted, herd-mentality individuals.

And these qualities even magnified for the worse and people end getting even more money-loving, even more self-absorbed, mean, hear-mentality as they compete against each other.
I'm thinking of the years where the big push to normalize certain alternative lifestyles started to show up via social media and Hollywood (TV/music), particularly aimed at young people. That's often where orchestrated societal changes begin; get the young and impressionable on board, and you've got a built-in army to fight your battle. Particular TV shows during those years really pushed that agenda and it just snowballed after that.

I absolutely despise the "influencer" culture. None of them are influencing me, that's for sure, lol.

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Its interesting that divorce is illegal there. But there is a problem - either you will bring her to your country, i.e. she will be influenced by your western culture and laws or you will need to move to Philippines and live in a third world country with all the disadvantages (watch some youtube street walks from their cities).
There is an annulment process but that costs a years wages 3-6k US$ and takes about 1-2 years. Foreigners can divorce too if done outside the Philippines. No doubt there would be some cultural challenges but I think most of the Filipinas do pretty well in the USA and it is not impossible to live in the Philippines as long as you had remote work or some source of steady income. Biggest obstacle is perhaps getting a USA visa for a Filipina which will take 1-2 years. Fiancé visa to the USA takes about one year. As to the youtube videos many show the worst part of the Philippines. Some malls are pristine and there is decent housing if you can spend 500 a month. Pluses of the Philippines over other Asian countries is that it is a Christian nation, and most do speak English.

Upvote 0