CF - My Ten Year Anniversary

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Sin is definitely a topic more churches need to discuss. Some aren't aware of what sin is and carry a guilt they don't understand till they meet Jesus.

Sad, but very true. It's a life wasted - on earth at least.

I'd like to know the pastors who brainwash these people into feeling guilty or inferior. They've got a lot of explaining to do once they're home. It's murdered the Christian faith.

Upvote 0

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟96,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sad, but very true. It's a life wasted - on earth at least.

I'd like to know the pastors who brainwash these people into feeling guilty or inferior. They've got a lot of explaining to do once they're home. It's murdered the Christian faith.
I’m a lurker these days more than a contributor but I have to say I agree so deeply with this sentiment. Somewhere along the way we’ve forgotten that Jesus came because we couldn’t keep the laws- we couldn’t achieve grace by our works. But for some reason so many churches and individuals are still preaching that our ability to be perfect defines our salvation. It’s something that has caused irreparable harm in my life- the first big mess up I ever had I was so wrecked with guilt and felt so unworthy of love that I turned from God, friends, and family and went running down a dark and isolating path. In the healing that’s followed there is so much I have been working to unlearn so I am really encouraged to see you speaking candidly about that struggle in the church.

• Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0