Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey there, lovely folks! Let's dive into some date talk and unleash our creativity and imaginations! I'm all ears for your take on the ultimate date. Whether you're a die-hard romantic or someone who enjoys the simple things. Remember, the perfect date doesn't have to break the bank. It's all about those shared values, heart-to-heart chats, and real connections. Maybe you've got this awesome date memory you want to relive, or perhaps you're cooking up a fresh idea for a wonderful date night. Maybe you have the opportunity to take someone on a date, but you're stuck on what to do and would like some advice. Maybe you want to be taken on a date and would like to share what your ideal date would be in that regard. Are there any dates you've been on that have been memorable or that you unexpectedly enjoyed? What are you looking for in a date? How does your faith play a role in your dating ideas, thoughts, or plans?

This isn't necessarily about the person you would like to date, but more about the experience and the event in and of itself as a whole. So spill the beans, share your stories, and let's inspire each other to create moments that make hearts flutter. Your contributions might just be the inspiration someone else needs to create their own perfect date!

Reactions: SarahsKnight

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Most of my ideas tend to be a little unconventional, so here's one to start us off: Paper airplane showdown.

All you need is a piece of paper and a target, like drawing a line or using a hula-hoop. It doesn't have to be a full-blown date, just a small part of one. Though knowing myself I could certainly make it one. Who doesn't love paper airplanes?! Probably someone out there... But I certainly enjoy the idea of it! It's a simple concept that I think leads to some seriously creative and enjoyable moments. Plus, I see it as a potential gateway to even more fun stuff and lighthearted moments if things get more serious between two people.

You get to hang out, spending quality time together, maybe even picking up some tricks from each other. And when your paper plane goes off course (which is half the fun), you get the opportunity to troubleshoot together. Plus, you're peeking into their sense of humor and competitive spirit. And you get to learn if they're a stick in the mud or not.

I'm no paper plane expert, but I think that's where the fun in it for me lies. Over time, this could turn into a full-blown "rock, paper, scissors" style situation or a quirky way to settle those very minor relationship debates.

"I'm in the mood for X."

"Well, I'm in the mood for X."

Intense eye-locking, "........................ Get the paper."

And hey, what if neither of you can fold a mean paper plane? Well, now you have the opportunity to learn a new skill together. And you can create a fun situation for your family and friends to partake in as well during gatherings. It might sound cheesy, a bit silly, but I think it's a darn cute idea that's worth a shot.

:sohappy:

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Kale100

Jun 12, 2023
New England
✟12,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I'm in love lol
Another great date idea would be to go to the dump. Nothing is more fun or better for bonding than the shared experience of finding treasure.
Also what can reveal more about a person than putting a bunch of junk in front of them and giving them free reign? What do they find interesting, what do they like to do, what is their sense of creativity, practicality, skills, what sorts of things do they appreciate, etc. all of these things are revealed at the dump!

Reactions: Plenipotent
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A date at a park sounds lovely. I love going to the park: going for walks, having a picnic, just sitting & relaxing, getting some exercise in, enjoy the weather, people-watch, do outdoorsy activities (or even indoor activities only outside!). You'll be be occupied but not so much there’s no room to talk. I don’t know if it’s ideal, but I don’t know what ideal is, but I go to the park regularly myself so it will be natural dates.

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, but the thread title made me think of this. :sorry:

I laughed re-watching this!
That was my first thought upon seeing the thread title too.
You two made me wish I remembered just to open the thread with that line, haha!
I think I'm in love lol
Another great date idea would be to go to the dump. Nothing is more fun or better for bonding than the shared experience of finding treasure.
Also what can reveal more about a person than putting a bunch of junk in front of them and giving them free reign? What do they find interesting, what do they like to do, what is their sense of creativity, practicality, skills, what sorts of things do they appreciate, etc. all of these things are revealed at the dump!
Treasure hunting! That's a good idea! I never thought about that as a possible date. We used to have something here called the Treasure Chest, where people would be able to pick through the 'trash' that had been saved from the landfills, but my area has made it illegal to do so. They are very strict about the trash here.

A date at a park sounds lovely. I love going to the park: going for walks, having a picnic, just sitting & relaxing, getting some exercise in, enjoy the weather, people-watch, do outdoorsy activities (or even indoor activities only outside!). You'll be be occupied but not so much there’s no room to talk. I don’t know if it’s ideal, but I don’t know what ideal is, but I go to the park regularly myself so it will be natural dates.
That sounds lovely! I go walking with my best friend a couple times each week. We say we're doing it for exercise, but honestly, we're just hanging out. Sometimes we just truck along for hours without even realizing it. Occasionally, this gets us into a bit of a pickle since we walk so far that we have to battle the nighttime bugs on the way back. But I can definitely see these as being a good date situation!

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Something very simple and low-key for the first date. I want to be able to focus on the other person, and vice versa, without the distraction of noise or crowds. A quiet coffee shop where we can just sip something and break the ice first, and then if the vibes feel good, a walk in a nearby park.

My last meeting with a guy (wasn't a "date", just a first meeting of friends who met online) was at a nature preserve just before sunset. We just strolled slowly and talked a little and admired the gorgeous setting, then parted ways. It was simple and short enough for us to get a sense of whether we felt comfortable and wanted to meet up again, which we did. We started doing other things and ended up having a lot of fun.

Now, an ideal date with an already established boyfriend? The sky's the limit. :cool:

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Something very simple and low-key for the first date. I want to be able to focus on the other person, and vice versa, without the distraction of noise or crowds. A quiet coffee shop where we can just sip something and break the ice first, and then if the vibes feel good, a walk in a nearby park.

My last meeting with a guy (wasn't a "date", just a first meeting of friends who met online) was at a nature preserve just before sunset. We just strolled slowly and talked a little and admired the gorgeous setting, then parted ways. It was simple and short enough for us to get a sense of whether we felt comfortable and wanted to meet up again, which we did. We started doing other things and ended up having a lot of fun.

Now, an ideal date with an already established boyfriend? The sky's the limit. :cool:
Awww! I really like that!

But now you have to spill the sky beans! Let's say you have an established boyfriend, what are some of the things you'd do?

Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Awww! I really like that!

But now you have to spill the sky beans! Let's say you have an established boyfriend, what are some of the things you'd do?
Sky beans, lol.

It's been what feels like a century since I dated anyone. Hard to say what I'd enjoy doing now, rather than just echoing what I enjoyed many years ago. Some things that I THINK I'd like to do...

Amusement parks, festivals, road trips, museums, zoos, hiking, theater plays, flea markets, video game battles :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sky beans, lol.

It's been what feels like a century since I dated anyone. Hard to say what I'd enjoy doing now, rather than just echoing what I enjoyed many years ago. Some things that I THINK I'd like to do...

Amusement parks, festivals, road trips, museums, zoos, hiking, theater plays, flea markets, video game battles :D
Haha, I love the addition of video game battles.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
video game battles :D

Then that is what we should do, Miss Geek. I challenge you to Mortal Kombat! ^_^

(No worries. I assure you I am quite the amiable gaming companion, not one of those types who act like ridiculous manchildren just because he's losing at playing against someone. ^-^ )

And don't forget, Miss @Plenipotent , we still haven't established a date time for pitting our former martial arts skills against each other in a friendly duel. ^_^

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And don't forget, Miss @Plenipotent , we still haven't established a date time for pitting our former martial arts skills against each other in a friendly duel. ^_^
Haha! What's your ideal date, Knight? Do you have any ideas, preferences, or recommendations?

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Haha! What's your ideal date, Knight? Do you have any ideas, preferences, or recommendations?

Honestly I have never really thought about things like that at all. As silly as this will undoubtably sound, I don't think it's ever gone beyond imagining myself and the future Lady Knight of my dreams cuddling in some endless field of flowers for our pre or post-marriage dates. ^_^

However, I do think @TheLastGeek really does have the right idea for first (and perhaps even second and third) date settings. As she said above:
I want to be able to focus on the other person, and vice versa, without the distraction of noise or crowds. A quiet coffee shop where we can just sip something and break the ice first, and then if the vibes feel good, a walk in a nearby park.

In anything, on the one date I've ever been on myself, it took place at a coffee shop. ^_^

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Honestly I have never really thought about things like that at all. As silly as this will undoubtably sound, I don't think it's ever gone beyond imagining myself and the future Lady Knight of my dreams cuddling in some endless field of flowers for our pre or post-marriage dates. ^_^

However, I do think @TheLastGeek really does have the right idea for first (and perhaps even second and third) date settings. As she said above:

In anything, on the one date I've ever been on myself, it took place at a coffee shop. ^_^
Well, that's cool! Perhaps you could check out some of her suggestions later on since your thoughts seem to match up!

I haven't really done the whole coffee date thing myself, mainly beause I'm not a usual coffee drinker. But I can imagine it being cozy!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I haven't really done the whole coffee date thing myself, mainly beause I'm not a usual coffee drinker. But I can imagine it being cozy!
Coffee shops usually sell other beverages. I don't drink coffee, but I'll still typically suggest "coffee" for a first date and then drink something else.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then that is what we should do, Miss Geek. I challenge you to Mortal Kombat! ^_^

(No worries. I assure you I am quite the amiable gaming companion, not one of those types who act like ridiculous manchildren just because he's losing at playing against someone. ^-^ )
I am a very quiet and peaceable person... until there's a competition to win :zoro:

1693338964914.png

Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...imagining myself and the future Lady Knight of my dreams cuddling in some endless field of flowers...
This is the sweetest thing I've seen all day! :twohearts: Are there actually men who WANT to cuddle? :bigeye:

Upvote 0