Hang your head in shame America....

Silvio D

May 20, 2004
✟126.00
Faith
Catholic
LuckyCharm said:
I'm sure you're right, and I'm sure your sarcasm is indicative of complete ignorance of the situation over there. A wedding celebration? They were firing weapons in the air. Helicopters? A helicopter that may be under attack doesn't stop to ask whether somebody might have been getting married that day... What would YOU have done, under the circumstances, Mr./Ms. lily-white?

~~Cheryl
Well anyone with a semblance of knowledge of Iraqi culture knows that gunfire is an integral part of a celebration including weddings. To suggest that with all the high powered technology at the disposal to the American forces that they could have mistaken a wedding celebration for being attacked suggests the people manning these crafts are as dumb as they look....

Upvote 0

Suzannah

A sinner
Nov 17, 2003
✟15,824.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Silvio:

Dear brother of the auld sod! I'm a pacifist. I know, I know...unpopular and frankly considered "cowardly" down ter' pub!
but until I am an American, through and through, or threw and threw,that's when I'll be telling them how to run Washington....

my more immediate concern, and if you'er Irish, it shoudl be yours too, what's going on t' home???? Traveller's being denied medical care and justice.

You can whine all you want about the Americans, but we're no better t' home!
You know it...I do too...
So let's all join hands and sing "We are the World" whilst we berate our big brother across the pond...we're so ever much mor e"better" than he' is...
Give me a break!!! (to turn an American phrase.)

Upvote 0

Silvio D

May 20, 2004
✟126.00
Faith
Catholic
Larry said:
You're not sure of anything that went on in the minds of those soldiers. So, don't pretend you do - just to get reactions, (just like trolls do).

Are you really new here, or are you circumventing a ban under another user name?
Look son. If you're not prepared to involve yourself in the debating point of the original thread why bother engage with me at all....

Upvote 0

Silvio D

May 20, 2004
✟126.00
Faith
Catholic
Suzannah said:
Silvio:

Dear brother of the auld sod! I'm a pacifist. I know, I know...unpopular and frankly considered "cowardly" down ter' pub!
but until I am an American, through and through, or threw and threw,that's when I'll be telling them how to run Washington....

my more immediate concern, and if you'er Irish, it shoudl be yours too, what's going on t' home???? Traveller's being denied medical care and justice.

You can whine all you want about the Americans, but we're no better t' home!
You know it...I do too...
So let's all join hands and sing "We are the World" whilst we berate our big brother across the pond...we're so ever much mor e"better" than he' is...
Give me a break!!! (to turn an American phrase.)
What about the travellers who carry out systematic fraud against this state and over the border by claiming unemployment benefit under a string of false names.

Then you have the travellers who take over a town on one of their drunken binges and terrify the elderly inhabitants....

Upvote 0

Suzannah

A sinner
Nov 17, 2003
✟15,824.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Silvio D said:
What about the travellers who carry out systematic fraud against this state and over the border by claiming unemployment benefit under a string of false names.

Then you have the travellers who take over a town on one of their drunken binges and terrify the elderly inhabitants....
Aha
!!!!
I'[ve flushed ye out!!!! a bigot in disguise.....sure and maybe ye've got some snake oil to sell????

for the Americans: the Travellers are to your thinking, the Gypsies. Silvio here, would liketo see them "banned " from polite society .....Your thoughts are welcome. This is the same argument that is used against the "wetbacks" and the "whosoever" that plagues American politics...have at it.

Silvio: you're no Irishman in the Joe Plunkett tradition and you know it!

Upvote 0

Existential1

Jan 2, 2004
Caputh, Perthshire
✟2,128.00
Faith
Suzannah said:
My head hangs in shame. I publicly admit it.....now what??? Would you like me beheaded as well?
:cry:

I am truly despondent over all the "latest" news...but I am not surprised...man/woman is ever in need of his/her Saviour as he/she ever was! We have not "evolved" into a more compassionate, kindly race. We are as we ever were!

Where your heart leads your head to hang Suzaannah, then your head probably is doing such as to merit remaining on the your shoulders.
But, some need beheading: beheading of the intellectual dogma cum doctrine, convicted intellectualism which yet keeps their heads high; certain that the USA is about God's work, led by a president who sees himself as answering God's call to lead that USA into crusade in this earthly world.
Christianity which eschews the intellect, that we genuinely be as little children, has and does give sweet fruit: but, where such eschewal, in taking grasp of the power of Caesar's palaces, leads to uniformed intervention, we have bitter, hellish fruit.

Isn't striking that it is the newbies who bring this message of our failure, so powerfully into our CF public domain.
Then what happens to some of these voices?
Do we sufficiently support and develop the witness they bring and make?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
To suggest that with all the high powered technology at the disposal to the American forces that they could have mistaken a wedding celebration for being attacked suggests the people manning these crafts are as dumb as they look....
Excuse me? "as dumb as they look"? I suggest you watch your mouth. First of all, that offends me as an American and a daughter of a Marine. Second, slamming a group of people with this type of statement goes against the grain of posting here at CF. If you need further clarification, read the forum specific rules on the homepage of NC&E or pm me.

Upvote 0

Suzannah

A sinner
Nov 17, 2003
✟15,824.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Existential1 said:
Where your heart leads your head to hang Suzaannah, then your head probably is doing such as to merit remaining on the your shoulders.
But, some need beheading: beheading of the intellectual dogma cum doctrine, convicted intellectualism which yet keeps their heads high; certain that the USA is about God's work, led by a president who sees himself as answering God's call to lead that USA into crusade in this earthly world.
Christianity which eschews the intellect, that we genuinely be as little children, has and does give sweet fruit: but, where such eschewal, in taking grasp of the power of Caesar's palaces, leads to uniformed intervention, we have bitter, hellish fruit.

Isn't striking that it is the newbies who bring this message of our failure, so powerfully into our CF public domain.
Then what happens to some of these voices?
Do we sufficiently support and develop the witness they bring and make?
Eschewal. is that a word???? It might make the difference in your note making sense.

Upvote 0

Existential1

Jan 2, 2004
Caputh, Perthshire
✟2,128.00
Faith
Blindfaith said:
Excuse me? "as dumb as they look"? I suggest you watch your mouth. First of all, that offends me as an American and a daughter of a Marine. Second, slamming a group of people with this type of statement goes against the grain of posting here at CF. If you need further clarification, read the forum specific rules on the homepage of NC&E or pm me.

Excuse me Blindfaith.

While accepting any rule mediated reference you make, and leaving that unchallenged.

Then, unless you comprehensively deny the accuracy of this report, or subcribe to the new doctrine, of being outraged at the outrage: then any military which so fires upon and kills non-combatants; at the very least opens itself to the ire which this poster expresses.

If we address ourselves to the issues, as the spirt of CF rules intends, and as you so rightly have pointed out elsewhere: then that issue here has to be the death of innocents; where to begin with indignant defence of that institution which has perpetrated this offence against innocents (if that is what has happened), and condemnation of justified anger at this and those who perpetrated it, would seem to introduce very strange and debilitating conditions for witness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

artofwar

May 20, 2004
Sydney
✟2,007.00
Faith
Pentecostal
dear oh dear does this argument ever stop? has America done things wrong in Iraq?Yes, have they done good also? yes, are there ignorant one sided arrogant Americans ? definately , are they ones in other countries that arnt Americans? Yes, why do we argue about stuff they will not be resolved in this way? a debate and opinions for sure but not racist attacks surely,

Upvote 0

Silvio D

May 20, 2004
✟126.00
Faith
Catholic
Suzannah said:
Aha
!!!!
I'[ve flushed ye out!!!! a bigot in disguise.....sure and maybe ye've got some snake oil to sell????

for the Americans: the Travellers are to your thinking, the Gypsies. Silvio here, would liketo see them "banned " from polite society .....Your thoughts are welcome. This is the same argument that is used against the "wetbacks" and the "whosoever" that plagues American politics...have at it.

Silvio: you're no Irishman in the Joe Plunkett tradition and you know it!
Are you denying that Travellers carry out systematic Social Welfare fraud? Also the drunken sprees thay go on terrorising the inhabitants of the unfortunate town they choose to 'take over'...

Really Suzannah. Smell the coffee....

Upvote 0

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And like I stated on page 1, an accurate explanation/story has NOT come out yet, merely speculation. My goodness, could it be possible that the opposing side could be sending misinformation out to feed the gullible? I am denying the accuracy of the report until all reports come in. I'm not going to make a judgement call until I hear all sides of the story.

Upvote 0