Who are the sons of the kingdom cast into outer darkness?

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand. Sorry, I just noticed I am in the eschatology forum. Partial Preterism would definatly not be welcome here. Thanks for engaging. Be blessed.

I'm not trying to throw the baby out with the bath water. All of us are partial Preterists to some degree. For example, the cross, then the resurrection followed by the ascension. No one that I know of would apply any of those things as future events yet to happen. As to those events, that makes everyone partial Preterists, well except for full Preterists. They obviously can't be partial if they are instead full.

But as to the gospel accounts, which includes the Discourse, not everyone takes everything written in those accounts only to be involving up to 70 AD. That's what I'm meaning I could never be a Preterist about, some of those things, such as what we are discussing in regards to the wheat and tares. Surely, the end of the age meant can't be meaning 70 AD, but is literally meaning the end of the age we are presently still living in.

IMO, you don't need to bow out of this discussion for the reasons you gave. Your input is welcomed just like everyone else's hopefully is. It doesn't mean one has to agree with you, though. But that shouldn't mean you don't have a right to express your opinion, then.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is where you are wrong.

The Jews, as the builders of Old Testament Congregation, were the children of the Kingdom. And Yes, their kingdom representative has been taken away from them when Christ spoke it because of their rejection of the Messiah. Please read the Scripture:

Luk 20:17-18
(17) And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
(18) Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Mat 21:42-45
(42) Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
(43) Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
(44) And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
(45) And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.

Yet you deny this has taken place?! I suggest that you read the Scripture carefully. The builders who have rejected the stone "ARE" the children of the kingdom, and they have lost the kingdom representative that Christ did give to the New Testament congregation - Christians, currently the builders of the New Testament Congregation.

Eph 2:19-22
(19) Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
(20) And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
(21) In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
(22) In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

And yet you deny this has taken place too?! The Old Testament congregation fell at the Cross where Christ has REBUILT it in 3 days and this spiritual temple is NOW the New Testament Congregation where Gentiles are now the builders of this temple.

Have you read this Scripture?
I did apologize for commenting in this forum. I extend my apology to you. We have different views on eschatology. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I did apologize for commenting in this forum. I extend my apology to you. We have different views on eschatology. Be blessed.

Your problem is not with me. You have problem with Scripture that I testify. You just won’t receive the Truth that the Kingdom representative was taken from the Jews (Israel-Old Testament congregation) which was given to the New Testament congregation that is now representing the Kingdom of God since the Cross. The problem with people like you is because you’re looking for literal fulfillment or try to interpret God’s prophecies with world history, unsaved historican like Josephus, or today media. It is spiritual discerned. That’s why many premillennialists, as well as Preterists are as blind as the professed Jews of Christ’s day who were looking for a physical kingdom, overthrowing Romans, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As to the question posed in the title of this thread, there are numerous angles to look at this from. If we start with what the OP started with, Matthew 13:37-43, let's look at it from that angle first.

Matthew 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Let's start with verse 38---but the tares are the children of the wicked one. One thing this should make us think of is the following.

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

This verse indicates that the serpent has children. Thy seed
is meaning these--- the tares are the children of the wicked one---the wicked one meaning the serpent, meaning the devil, meaning satan.

Many take---it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel---to be meaning Christ. And if it is meaning Christ, it is meaning this---He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man.

Since there is also the woman in Genesis 3:15, and the fact she has children as well--and her seed---this tells us who the children of the kingdom are. They are the children of the woman, Israel, the children of the kingdom, meaning the church.

There are more angles to look at this from, so this is only one of them for now.
Since this is about the Second Coming and Christ is on the earth during the final harvest, first and foremost it only applies to those living on the earth after the Second Coming. It cannot apply to the OT nor the NT church. Neither people are present on the earth after the Second Coming. For one thing the church is caught up at the Second Coming, not hours, days, weeks, months, nor years after the Second Coming.

Secondly that means people are still alive on earth after the Second Coming. This is not about dead people in sheol, nor those in Christ in Paradise.

This passage can have many applications, but those applications are not the focus of the one and only prophetic fulfillment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is where you are wrong.

The Jews, as the builders of Old Testament Congregation, were the children of the Kingdom. And Yes, their kingdom representative has been taken away from them when Christ spoke it because of their rejection of the Messiah. Please read the Scripture:

Luk 20:17-18
(17) And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
(18) Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Mat 21:42-45
(42) Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
(43) Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
(44) And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
(45) And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.

Yet you deny this has taken place?! I suggest that you read the Scripture carefully. The builders who have rejected the stone "ARE" the children of the kingdom, and they have lost the kingdom representative that Christ did give to the New Testament congregation - Christians, currently the builders of the New Testament Congregation.

Eph 2:19-22
(19) Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
(20) And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
(21) In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
(22) In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

And yet you deny this has taken place too?! The Old Testament congregation fell at the Cross where Christ has REBUILT it in 3 days and this spiritual temple is NOW the New Testament Congregation where Gentiles are now the builders of this temple.

Have you read this Scripture?
Actually she said had not yet. Jesus had not even fulfilled the Cross.

However if the point of Jesus being baptized or even born was the point of the Jews loosing the authority of the kingdom, would that not be a pre-coming event? Why would the church not leave at or just before Christ comes and carries out the final harvest. The church is not part of the final harvest, just like the rejecting Jews were not part of the firstfruits of Christ's first earthly ministry.

Upvote 0