Hang your head in shame America....

Existential1

Jan 2, 2004
Caputh, Perthshire
✟2,128.00
Faith
Larry said:

You're not supposed to use that smilie sign Larry.

Me, I don't mind, but there are those on patrol who do: so beware the thunderbolt of fury and righteous indignation.

By the way: where is, or who is this troll? Just so as I can take appropriate security measures, as I can be very naive about these things.

Upvote 0

datan

Nov 16, 2002
Visit site
✟6,836.00
Faith
Protestant
LuckyCharm said:
Amen. And now we don't know how to stop it. God save us....

You know, there are very compelling reasons for why we acted when we did, though, rather than waiting for the blessing of the UN and other countries. One of them is a simple practical one: back at the beginning of the war, chemical weapons were a real threat, and our chemical suits are very hot and cumbersome. You could probably be comfortable in nothing but an NBC suit and your normal uniform, in the coldest winter you've ever experienced.

Imagine donning a chemical suit in the middle of the desert, and then having to pile into a metal container (because we didn't have bunkers!) until the "All Clear" was sounded! You only prayed that you had remembered to fill your canteen, and that your drinking tube worked.....

If this war had begun in the full heat of summer, I'll wager we wouldn't have made nearly the progress we did on the road to Baghdad. "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

~~Cheryl

that's a dumb excuse.
how do you even know there's going to be a war?

that's like telling the cops "I had to shoot my next door neighbour first before the permit on my gun ran out", which begs the obvious question "why did you have to shoot your neighbour in the first place"?

Upvote 0