USA
✟9,437.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ok, how about instead 10,000 threads debating the rapture, we just confine it to this thread? We could actually have threads about the signs of the times, prophecies and other stuff pertainent to the study of the end!

I'll start. I think a straightforward understanding of the rapture leads us to know that its one in the same with the first resurrection - the dead in Christ are the first to be caught up, followed by the living saints. This doesn't occur before the great tribulation, but rather afterward.

Edward Palamar

Oct 27, 2009
Chester County, PA
✟308.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
'Rapture' is the term for that private (per individual) and public (combined individual) revelation concerning the Resurrection.

1. John 6:39
    And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.
  2. John 6:40
    For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."
  3. John 6:44
    "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
  4. John 6:54
    Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
Note that the first quote makes no mention of anyone not being included.

Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have seen it and it does happen just like GOD said ...

Holy Father GOD in heaven,
Harpazo, Greek 726, Strong’s
Harpazo,har-pad'-zo; from a derivative of Greek 138 (haireomai); to seize (in various applications): - catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).

2 Cor. 12:2 (KJV)
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such a one caught up to the third heaven.

2 Cor. 12:4 (KJV)
How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

1 Thes. 4:17 (KJV)
Then we, which are alive and remain, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Rev. 12:5 (KJV)
And she brought forth a man-child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Caught up, caught= Harpazo,har-pad'-zo; from a derivative of Greek 138 (haireomai); to seize (in various applications): - catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).

Four times this word is recognized by the New Testament and is simply this.

When the harpazo of the Body of Christ does take place, we will be seized out of, caught away and up, plucked, pulled and taken by force out of this testing place.

There is no mystery as to when this takes place. It will happen immediately after GOD enacts certain things.
See Matthew 24 for those things.
We cannot leave them out, not for any reason whatsoever
The angels of GOD will go forth at the shout of Lord Jesus and gather together “His elect.”
We (the gentiles) being grafted into the Body are just as much “His elect” as are the original Children.

If you do not believe in this event then you do not believe that there is a rapture of the Body of Christ. Rapture, a word that is not in the Word of GOD, but simply describes an event that is the expectation of millions of Children of GOD who are the dead in Christ as well as the ones who are still alive and remain.

1 Cor. 15:12 (KJV)
Now if Christ were preached that He rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1 Cor. 15:13 (KJV)
But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1 Cor. 15:21 (KJV)
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1 Cor. 15:42 (KJV)
So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
2 Tim. 2:18 (KJV)
Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

This discussion of the resurrection of the dead and those who are alive and remain is an elementary principle of Christ.
Otherwise the Apostle Paul would not have described them as such in I Thes. 4:16 as he did.
Nor would he have written of the resurrection of the dead as he did.

Paul was very careful to use the logos in his descriptions.
There is a resurrection and it will be done according to how GOD has said it will be.
We are encouraged to share this with the Body of Christ, as being done exactly as he has told us it would be.

It is by His, Lord Jesus, stripes that we are healed.
We are more the conquerors through Him, Lord Jesus.
We can do all things through Him, Lord Jesus, for in our own way there is only death waiting for us at the end of this journey.

Not many of us should desire to be a teacher of the things of GOD, knowing that they will receive a stricter judgment.

The stage is set for a dramatic moment in history. The same type of cataclysmic proportions that swept this planet when GOD flooded us out back in Noah’ day. The prophetic calendar is ticking and this is all fine and dandy…
Yet, whether this all happens in our lifetime as I was shown or not. The fact remains the same and the question is, are you in bondage.
For instance, if you were to die this very instant, do you have the assurance that you will not spend eternity in place that was prepared for outlaws? A place where there is continual weeping, gnashing of teeth and torment? A place where there is no parole board or probation, just anguish and suffering? No pre-release program for good behavior. No release whatsoever!

Many different types of ways to GOD have developed since the beginning of time. All claim to lead us to the truth. Yet only one of them has the single peculiarity of having died and came back to life. Only one of them was seen by 550+ people at thirteen different locations for up to forty days AFTER He had died and rose back from the dead.

And ultimately He was seen rising up into the clouds of the sky, while angels spoke out and said; “"Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

Moreover, unlike so many of the others, who claim to be of GOD, Jesus tells us in John 14: 1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me. 2 In My Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 In addition, if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going."

JN 14:5 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"

JN 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

The decision is yours to make, not in whither or not you believe in the sixth seal rapture, or that the United State is the end time Babylon, but whither you are following Jesus in all that you say do and think.

The path to heaven, even with Jesus, is very narrow.

As Jesus Himself says; in Matt. 7:13-14

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. However, small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

Here are just a few of the reasons why it is going to be all worth it to do it GOD’ way and not our own.

This is love for God: to obey his commands. In addition, his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

He, who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before My Father and His angels. He, who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
To him who overcomes and does My will to the end, I will give authority over the nations--
To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I overcame and sat down with My Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. However, the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—(this is the BAD part) their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
If I can be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me

“Jesus Christ is LORD”
Love,
Brother Jerry

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have seen it and it does happen just like GOD said ...

The decision is yours to make, not in whither or not you believe in the sixth seal rapture, or that the United State is the end time Babylon, but whither you are following Jesus in all that you say do and think.

“Jesus Christ is LORD”
Love,
Brother Jerry
Peace and ALmighty's favor be upon you brother Jerry,

That was long and BEAUTIFUL post!

Indeed america has her place in this end time. It is very sad to know that some of our brothers and sisters love her more than they love our Love!

She is, however, soon to be broken. Smashed by the coming Hand of our ALmighty Father.

But her mortal wound will be healed by the teacher, who shall then be exalted as the christ.

american pride blinds many in this matter.

May ALmighty gently remove the blinder of our pride!

Peace to you brother,
brother charles

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi marky

well you missed a few and it would be second wave baptists the original baptist faith did not teach rapture........to under estimate the worldly power of this crowd would be a mistake they have controlled American foriegn policy for a very long time.............it is a light the fuse and rapture doctrine/foriegn policy that will set in motion the conditions for the AC to deceive many.

Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, very few Christians on earth believe in the 'rapture' doctrine! (Though, of course, you can believe what ever you want!) :)

Whew, for a minute there I thought that I was going to convert to your beliefe till you said this... :D

As long as we are in Christ, just becuase we believe or do not believe in this "rapture" will not keep us from GOD.:thumbsup:
Love,
Brother Jerry

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chrisnu

Just trying to figure things out...
Oct 6, 2009
California
✟8,261.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I, personally, do not believe in the rapture at all. I am an Amillennialist. I think pretty much only Baptists (and maybe Pentecostals) believe in the rapture. So, very few Christians on earth believe in the 'rapture' doctrine! (Though, of course, you can believe what ever you want!) :)
Dispensationalism is very popular among non-denominational evangelicals. I know; I was one of them.

You won't know how many times I've heard my previous pastor teach that the only reason why God hasn't judged the United States is because of her favorable attitude toward Israel...

The idea of a "rapture" as taught by most today is simply
a misunderstanding of Christ's second comming.
That's exactly right.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by NRB

I'm amillenial.

Stop reading/watching "Left Behind"!
wink.gif
I am a Full Preterist that views all of Daniel, the Olivet Discourse and Revelation as fulfilled. [but that view can only be discussed on the "unorthodox" board] ehehe..........

http://www.christianforums.com/t7389995/
Do you agree with Full Preterism?

And yes, I agree with the "quit reading and watching "Left Behind" :D :p

Everything you ever wanted to know about the "Dispy Rapture" doctrine but were afraid to ask......and for good reason!!!

Grace Online Library

Is the Pretribulation Rapture Biblical? by Brian Schwertley

Although the pretribulation rapture doctrine is very popular and is even considered so crucial to Christianity that it is made a test of a person’s orthodoxy in some denominations, Bible colleges and seminaries, the exegetical and theological arguments used by its advocates are all classic cases of forcing one’s theological presuppositions onto particular texts (eisegesis). The purpose of this brief study is to show that the pretribulation rapture theory is not plainly taught or directly stated in any place in Scripture, cannot be deduced from biblical teaching, contradicts the general teaching of the Bible regarding Christ’s second coming and was never taught in any branch of the church prior to 1830.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
And yes, I agree with the "quit reading and watching "Left Behind" :D :p

Everything you ever wanted to know about the "Dispy Rapture" doctrine but were afraid to ask......and for good reason!!!

Grace Online Library

Is the Pretribulation Rapture Biblical? by Brian Schwertley

Although the pretribulation rapture doctrine is very popular and is even considered so crucial to Christianity that it is made a test of a person’s orthodoxy in some denominations, Bible colleges and seminaries, the exegetical and theological arguments used by its advocates are all classic cases of forcing one’s theological presuppositions onto particular texts (eisegesis). The purpose of this brief study is to show that the pretribulation rapture theory is not plainly taught or directly stated in any place in Scripture, cannot be deduced from biblical teaching, contradicts the general teaching of the Bible regarding Christ’s second coming and was never taught in any branch of the church prior to 1830.

I saw this one too...:thumbsup:
:amen:Amen:amen:
Brother Jerry

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I look for Jesus daily, but I believe Him when He said that first we must endure the tribulation.
As for those who take the mark, there are some amongst us ready and willing saying that if it stops crime, drugs, and poverty that they are all for it.
Saying our Merciful Master wouldn't condemn us for what is in our hands or foreheads, but by what's in our heart.

I see the mark as a test of our true alliance. Are we with ALmighty, or are we with mankind?

As for the rapture, it is when Jesus calls us up to Him before He battles the F16s and Migs with His meteors and such.

Praise and exalt Him above all forever!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chrisnu

Just trying to figure things out...
Oct 6, 2009
California
✟8,261.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I look for Jesus daily, but I believe Him when He said that first we must endure the tribulation.
Ok. What does "the tribulation" refer to? I would say that there are Christians in many parts of the world suffering great tribulation right now.

Praise and exalt Him above all forever!
Yes, and amen.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok. What does "the tribulation" refer to? I would say that there are Christians in many parts of the world suffering great tribulation right now.

Yes, and amen.
Peace to you,

Indeed there is great strife today, and always prior to today.
But the great tribulation is the reign of the a/c over the 4 kingdoms( beasts) of earth, america, russia, EU, and china.

Tribulation, "such as no man hath see before."

I cannot in my own mind believe that ANY men today are suffering anywhere near as bad as our Hebrew forefathers were in Sinai.

Therefore what we are seeing today in the world pales in comparison to what the a/c has in store for those who do not receive his mark(rfid) or carry the number of their representative beast (nation).

It is a sad reality but a real reality!

ALmighty be praised!

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A rapture is never mentioned by Jesus either in the Gospels or in the Revelation, given to us directly by Jesus.
The Trinity is never mentioned nor given to us directly by Jesus either. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.