Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians of all end-time opinions have one common need I believe.
That is the need to PRACTICE being snatched away by Jesus.
This is not invitation to argue about pre-trib, post-trib, middle trib, no-trib, rapture as to time.
The thread's purpose is our need to be -

Taken by Jesus from certain negative things.
Taken by Jesus from distracting things (distracting us away from God).
Taken by Jesus from the fallen self centered living into the Lord's presence.

I do not mean to practice being physically taken up somewhere off the earth.
I mean the continual need to rehearse, practice, have many experiences of being CAUGHT away by the
Lord Jesus within FROM whatever the Holy Spirit convicts us of as unglodly.

Brethren, we who love the Lord need each day to practice allowing the Spirit of Jesus
to rescue us fast, catch us away, take our heart elsewhere INTO His presence FROM other loves.

Did you practice being taken away by Jesus today?
Did I have some experiences of Jesus catching me quickly off from something ungodly?
We all need to practice letting Him catch us away from self, sin, world, and all idols and distractions from the Triune God.

There's the OP brethren.

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Need to Practice Rapture is none other than the need to
walk by the Spirit,
set the mind on the spirit,
call on the name of the Lord,
be strengthened into the inner man.

The need to practice is the need to live as we never lived PRIOR to regeneration.
We need to turn from the old living TO the Lord within.
We need to stir up the God contacting "organ" within to enjoy that Christ actually is one with us within.

He is powerful. And when we turn to Him His powerful grace with catch us away in our heart.
One day this will translate into be being caught away in our whole spirit and soul and body.

And the God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thess. 5:23)

"Lord Jesus, today may we practice setting our mind on the things above where Christ is, that we
may be snatched away from the lower things and instantly brought into the enjoyment of You. Thankyou Lord Jesus."

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now I hear some thinking " Well, I don't believe in any rapture."
Just the very word is a caution light. Maybe it is a red light to stop and go no further.

As a Christian though, what do you have to lose by practicing being caught away by the Lord?
Isn't it a win / win teaching?

Regardless of time or calender date of His coming, you and I know there are things we need rescue from.
We have not the strength in ourselves.
We need to turn our being to the Overcomer, the Lord Jesus, the Victor living within who overcame the world.

I do it by CALLING on His name - "O Lord Jesus, O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus You live in me. Thankyou You Lord Jesus."

I try to begin my day with a dedicated time to let the Lord Jesus remove me from everything other than Himself.
He can do it quickly and effectively. I practice to let the Lord fill me with estatic joy of His indwelling.
I practice rapture. Oh I need to practice rapture in the Lord Jesus even more.

Did you notice that in mundane things of daily responsibility He wants us to live in Him?

At that time two men will be in the field; one is taken and one is left.
Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left.
Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord comes. (Matt. 24:40-42)

He doesn't mean to watch the sky.
He means to watch that our heart is on the Lord.

Notice it is not about two are in a church meeting singing and worshipping.
No, it is about two going about thier legitimate daily responsibilities.
Yet their minds should be set on the Lord, on the things which are above where Christ is.

Even Luke adds that the Lord said in resting or sleeping on a bed even, we need to be in such a frame of mind.

I tell you, In that night there will be two on one bed; the one will be taken and the other will be left. (Luke 17:34)

Ask the Lord Jesus to guard your mind and imagination even while you are asleep at night.
I do. I have been forced to do so because my fallen mind is so wicked and nonsensical.
I need the mind of Christ even while sleeping.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is not invitation to argue about pre-trib, post-trib, middle trib, no-trib, rapture as to time.

I mean the continual need to rehearse, practice, have many experiences of being CAUGHT away by the

Brethren, we who love the Lord need each day to practice allowing the Spirit of Jesus
to rescue us fast, catch us away, take our heart elsewhere INTO His presence FROM other loves.

Did I have some experiences of Jesus catching me quickly off from something ungodly?
We all need to practice letting Him catch us away from self, sin, world, and all idols and distractions from the Triune God.

There's the OP brethren.
It smells too much like Pretrib. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you find any validity in the practice of being caught away by the Lord?
Or are you too concerned that to do so might endanger you of being Pretrib?

That is foolish indeed. So if "smell" is your concern let's take an obvious warning
by the Bible to what must be a word to those passing through all of the GT.

And the sixth poured out his bowl upon the great river Euphrates; and its water was dried up that the way of the kings from the rising of the sun might be prepared. (Rev. 16:12)
For they are spirits of demons doing signs, which go forth to the kings of the whole inhabited earth to gather them to the war of the great day of God the Almighty. (v. 14)
(Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he who watches and keeps his garments that he may not walk naked and they see his shame.) (v. 15)

This is a warning to not be caught so as to walk naked and in shame at the Lord's coming.

This word is given obviously at the closing of the Great Tribulation the sixth bowl of the final wrath of God's seven last bowls. Who can argue that this is a word to those believers on earth at the time of the seven last bowls of God's wrath. Most likely Revelation 16 cannot be about pre-trib times.

So for even such the practice of keeping one's "garments" as to be ready for His sudden coming is relevant.
See? What about today? Should the Christian not practice to keep himself suitably clothed in righteous living?

Do you think this does not require patient practice with endurance as a habitual way of life?
So I think the OP stands regardless of what you a Bible student smells as to WHEN such an appearance of the Lord for us would be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Excuse me if I react more to the substance of comments than to graphics emotis. Is what they call them.

If you change the "smell" to more like not PRE-TRIB rapture you still get the effect of
the Lord wanting us to watch.

Now one can wait to only watch at the last minute which is not wise.
Or one can practice this watching. I had to watch today about many things wanting to take me off
from living the Lord as my first love.

How about to be setting the mind on the things above where Christ is regardess of your thoughts on
when He might unexpectantly come?

Does your aversion to pre-trib rapture interfere with seeing the benefit of that?

If therefore you were raised together with Christ, seek the things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
Set your mind on the things which are above, not on the things which are on the earth.

For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

When Christ our life is manifested, then you also will be manifested with Him in glory.

Do you think it wise to procrastinate the practice of so setting one's heart and mind on the Lord above?

Put to death therefore your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and greediness, which is idolatry;
Because of which things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience; (v. 5,6)

My experience is that this kind of living requires repeated daily practice.

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Excuse me if I react more to the substance of comments than to graphics emotis.
Does your aversion to pre-trib rapture interfere with seeing the benefit of that?
Yes, I admit I have a serious aversion to Pretrib, such that I cannot avoid stating my position on it frankly. Let's say you're a creationist and I'm an evolutionist. Then I tell you, let's both of us engage in a responsible exercise we can both agree on. Let's both of us imagine ourselves "evolving" from a simple person to a complex person.

Oh no, you'd say! You're trying to get me to think "evolution!!" ;)

I don't see anything in the Bible about "taking us out" except in the rare occasion where judgment is coming against a sinner that I should not be around. So I can in fact imagine that! :)

Really, I have no personal animosity. I just thought it was a bit "slick" of you to do this. And perhaps you're even sincere--it just *looks* like you're being slick. "Smell" indeed seems a little too rude, but that's what smell is--a discerner.

Do I believe in "setting my mind on things above?" I've quoted that verse virtually my entire life! Ask my wife. I'm a strong believer on focusing on Christ, the source of all spiritual things. If we don't focus on him, we may end up in carnality. And none of us wants that!

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I left yesterday you guys must be left behind.

rapture+clothes.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I admit I have a serious aversion to Pretrib, such that I cannot avoid stating my position on it frankly. Let's say you're a creationist and I'm an evolutionist. Then I tell you, let's both of us engage in a responsible exercise we can both agree on. Let's both of us imagine ourselves "evolving" from a simple person to a complex person.
If you and I are Christians we should agree that when He is manifested we should have boldness and not be put to shame from
Him at His coming. That is basic.

And now, little children, abide in Him, so that if He is manifested,
we may have boldness and not be put to shame from Him at His coming. (1 John 2:28)

Isn't that something any two Christians should want regardless of their position of the timing
of such an event?

This thread is to get Christians to think of the need to prepare ourselves to meet
the Lord by abiding in Him. This requires practice as many verses on His coming clearly teach.
That includes the passages from Matt. 24 and Luke 17 which you seemed suspicious of on the matter.

I don't see anything in the Bible about "taking us out" except in the rare occasion where judgment is coming against a sinner that I should not be around. So I can in fact imagine that!
When you are in the midst of temptation, you see no need for the Lord Jesus to take you out of it to overcome it?
I see such a need. For example -

No temptation has taken you except that which is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow that you be tempted beyond what you are able, but will, with the temptation, also make the way out, that you may be able to endure it. (1 Cor. 1:13)

I use to think that "a way out" was many, many different ways out according to the circumstances.
Then I came to realize this "way out" is really only ONE way out. That is the Lord Jesus Himself within us as
the empowering grace. To call on His name and to flee into His presence is that "way out" provided by God that
we may have the joy, the rapture (if you will) of endurance.

Really, I have no personal animosity. I just thought it was a bit "slick" of you to do this. And perhaps you're even sincere--it just *looks* like you're being slick. "Smell" indeed seems a little too rude, but that's what smell is--a discerner.
Perhaps I did not work hard to hide that partial rapture is seen in the New Testament of those heeding the warning to abide in Him, watching.
The verses that I used have thier tone which simply cannot be ignored imo.

Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord comes.
But know this, that if the householder had known in which watch the thief was coming,
he would have watched and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.

For this reason you also be ready, because at an hour when you do not expect it, the Son of Man is coming. (Matt. 24:42-44)

If you can't take pre-great tribulation rapture surely you can apply the command to ANY scenario timing of His coming.
Do not discard the moral healthiness of watching by abiding in the Lord.
Our hearts need the practice of this kind of watching.

We are on the same page with this last comment.
Do I believe in "setting my mind on things above?" I've quoted that verse virtually my entire life! Ask my wife. I'm a strong believer on focusing on Christ, the source of all spiritual things. If we don't focus on him, we may end up in carnality. And none of us wants that!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You see this moral aspect of readiness for His unexpected coming applies no matter when you
feel the advent happens.

This thread resist the temptation to get into another debate about pre-trib verses post-trib timing issues.
We should know that we should practice His presence in a habitual way. It is not just a matter of being ready to meet the Lord.
It is a matter of being sanctified and transformed for His purpose to conform us to His image for His corporate expression.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We need to abide in Him. The Apostle John says we should abide in Him or there is the danger
that we would be put to shame from Him at His coming.

And now, little children, abide in Him, so that if He is manifested,
we may have boldness and not be put to shame from Him at His coming. (1 John 2:28)

Here is a parable that substantiates this teaching from the Lord.
For this reason you also be ready, because at an hour when you do not expect it, the Son of Man is coming.

Who then is the faithful and prudent slave, whom the master has set over his household to give them food at the proper time?
Blessed is that slave whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing.

Truly I say to you that he will set him over all his possessions.
But if that evil slave says in his heart, My master delays,
And begins to beat his fellow slaves and eats and drinks with the drunken,
The master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does not know,

And will cut him asunder and appoint his portion with the hypocrites.

In that place there will be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth. (Matt. 24:44-51)

We need this incentive of fearful discipline also. This servant was "put to shame from Him at His coming." (1 John 2:28)
He is not eternally lost. But he is disciplined for being caught not abiding in his master.
The unbeliever is not going to say "My master delays" concerning the coming of Christ.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There's the OP brethren.
If it is "like the days of Noah " like Jesus Christ of Nazareth said.....only the wicked are taken away. I believe Paul was speaking of meeting Him in the air and then comming back with Him to the " New Jerusalem ". That being said, we are commanded to " stay the course ". This is what readiness means. Can't practice it. We must live it.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it is "like the days of Noah " like Jesus Christ of Nazareth said.....only the wicked are taken away. I believe Paul was speaking of meeting Him in the air and then comming back with Him to the " New Jerusalem ". That being said, we are commanded to " stay the course ". This is what readiness means. Can't practice it. We must live it.
Blessings.
Oh dear. Here is the dear poster who goes away in a huff with a "perpetual wranglings" retort on the way out.

Are you interested in my response? Or will you dismiss it as "perpetual wranglings" if point out a few things to you?
I would like to respond in fellowship. But it takes time and effort which I do not want to waste.

I would reply:

Whether you regard the "one is taken" to be the one the Lord is pleased with or the one He is displeased with makes
no difference I think to the teaching - Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord comes. (v.42)

It should be taken is taken out of the place about to be judged as in Noah's day.
They were taken off the land and placed in the protective ark.

But it even if this is wrong, the underlying theme of the matter remains the same.
Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord comes. (v.42)

Secondly, I would submit that "staying the course" as you well put it, IS a matter of practice to do so.
Isn't that your experience? That this LIVING unto Him involves PRACTICING to live unto Him?

For example:
The things which you have also learned and received and heard and seen in me, PRACTICE these things;
and the God of peace will be with you. (Phil. 4:9)

But solid food is for the full-grown, who because of PRACTICE
have their faculties exercised for discriminating between both good and evil. (Heb. 5:14)

And from the OT book of Proverbs is excellent encouragement to NT believers.
For a righteous man falls seven times and rises up again, (Prov. 24:16a)

That rising up again from a failure surely implies PRACTICING to walk aright and not giving up.
The living is the practicing to get up and learn from past fallings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The way to practice being raptured away by the Lord consists of
realizing the Lord Jesus is everything you need in every situation.

Eventually we come to realize that in ourselves we have nothing - no victory, no endurance, no wisdom adaquate, no love, no anything.

Eventually we realize that the cross means we were all FIRED on Calvary as useless to God - totally unable to live unto Him.
So we now have within us as believers this One who is well pleasing in every way to the Father.

We have to eat Him. We have to take Him.
We have to say "Lord, YOU deal with it."

This takes many failures and learning to practice.
Some try to flee from the Devil on thier own. When they do they may find the Devil flees towards them rather than away.
It is to flee into the name of the Lord Jesus as our high tower.

In here is the cross. In here is the death to self and the enjoyment of His resurrection life.
If I call upon His name "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus!" Jesus living in my spirit will rapture me away like
a 747 jet airliner carries you away from one city to another.

If I whisper in the heat of trial "Abba Father, Daddy, Father, O my Father God, O Father, Abba!"
the Triune God within will rapture you away into His empowerment, into His grace.

If we call out "Lord Jesus. O Lord I love You Lord Jesus." or if we even whisper it, the empowering grace of
the Lord with our spirit will begin to flow.

We can practice being raptured by the Lord until that day when physically we will be taken to Him.
The things afterwards are the things afterwards. This thread is about the need to rehearse, to practice instantly being
caught up and away by the Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should follow the Spirit in our spirit to walk by the Spirit in our spirit.
This is the teaching of Romans 8:4.

To walk according to the Spirit requires that we do not do or say things too quickly.
If we log more time in the Spirit we will spontaneously react in Spirit.

To help to practice living in the Spirit we have often to force ourselves to speak
in order ti excercise our spirit. Prayer is speaking genuinly to God and is an excercise of both
the mouth and the spirit.

No, I do not mean every prayer has to be audible. I mean we are like salmon fish swimming upstream
against the downward current of the world. And to SPEAK in spirit prayerfully is to receive power to
go against the tide. And we sometimes have to force ourselves to praise, to speak, to call "O Lord Jesus!"
to fan into flame the gift of the Spirit within us.

Rather than think that evil thought call "O Lord Jesus" with a praying spirit.
Rather than exchange words with your spouse of roomate stop and call "O Lord Jesus. I love You" with a praying spirit.
Rather than make that wisecrack stop yourself and turn to your spirit in prayer CALLING on the Lord Jesus.

Here is practicing to be caught up and away from the fallen self into living by Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you only rise up in the morning and pray in a routine way you will not be vitalized.
Routine prayer will keep you unenergized.

If you rise and open your mouth and call "O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus You live in me. He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit"
or some great truth of His word, you will be vitalized in the spirit.

How effective to open your mouth to the Lord as soon as you awake.
How evvective to get to the word of God and prayerfully speak out the precious promises.

We have to force ourselves to go against the downward drift into routine or passivity.
When we open our spirit and pray-speak to God our whole being is open to God.

Then God can dispense more of His life into our life.
We stir up the gift of God which is in us. We fan into flame the fire of life within our spirit.

We exercise ourselves unto godliness.
. . . and exercise yourself unto godliness.
For bodily exercise is profitable for a little, but godliness is profitable for all things,
having promise of the present life and of that which is to come. (1 Tim. 4:7b,8)

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

rapture+clothes.jpg

That would have actually made the films more interesting and plausible. However I suspect they would have balked at the idea of the raptured finding themselves au naturel.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

rapture+clothes.jpg
What are the raptured wearing? Their birthday suits? :)

Jesus did not pray for us to be taken up and away out of the world before the tribulation. Jesus prayed that His Father should keep His followers from the evil one during tribulation. Paul and James taught that we should resist the devil's (snares) and then he would flee from us.

John 17:14-16 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

2 Timothy 2:24-26 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.

James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Jesus warns us to be faithful to Him through all tribulation. If we do not deny/disobey Him even to the point of our death, we will then be saved/inherit eternal life. If we disobey His commands, we deny Him our love and we will not be approved to inherit eternal life.

Matthew 24:9-11 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Revelation 2:10 Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are the raptured wearing? Their birthday suits? :)

Jesus did not pray for us to be taken up and away out of the world before the tribulation. Jesus prayed that His Father should keep His followers from the evil one during tribulation. Paul and James taught that we should resist the devil's (snares) and then he would flee from us.
This thread I started about the need to live watching in the Spirit. This also causes the devil to flee from us.
So we need to live in His presence watching or the devil will not flee from us.

Some will be heeding the exhortation to watch. They have learned to live so that they overcome the devil.
That is why a minority remnant will be ready for rapture before the great tribulation. Why wait to watch
until Satan becomes so strong on earth?
John 17:14-16 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
This thread again I started to encourage saints to live as if the Lord might come unexpectedly at any moment.
That was not the invention of man. That was Christ's exhortation.

Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord comes. (Matt. 24:42)
See? It is the teaching out of the mouth of the Lord Jesus.

For this reason you also be ready, because at an hour when you do not expect it, the Son of Man is coming. (v.44)
See? It is not the daydream of those wanting to avoid trouble. It is the teaching of the Lord Jesus.

Now, yes His mighty prayer in John 17 is for His people. He asks the Father to keep them from the evil one.
I do not ask that You would take them out of the world, but that You would keep them out of the hands of the evil one. (John 17:15)

This thread is about our cooperating with the Lord's petition that we live so as to be kept out of the hands of the evil one.
The warning to watch is one that can be heeded by Christians or ignored by Christians.
Why would it surprise us that a remnant of heedful believers living to keep out of the Devil's hands would be raptured?

At that time two men will be in the field; one is taken and one is left. (Matt. 24:40)
The Christian taken is the one living so as to be free from the hand of the evil one.
The Christian left needs to learn the hard lesson of living to be free from the hand of the evil one.

Throughout the history of God dealing with His people, some heed the importance of sanctification.
And others procrastinate the need for it. Typically those who heed are in the minority.
And this not because they are an elite or particularly previledged. They simply take seriously the need to be normal Christians.

Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left. (v.41)
The Christian taken is the one living in the presence of the Lord overcoming the Devil's hand.
The Christian left is the one who needs to learn the hard way to do so.

So to watch, to be vigilant, exercised unto godliness in a way in which normal work duties
do not distract you from loving the Lord needs to be practice. It needs to become habitual.
This not only meets the taken one's need to be taken. It meets the Triune God's need that His people be filled with His life.

And to be filled with His life is the request of the Son in John 17.

Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth. (v.17)
The Christian who is taken has cooperated to be so sanctified in their daily living.

That they all may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You,
that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that You have sent Me. (v.21)
The Christian taken has learned that they can be built up in oneness with other believers in His life.

And the glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, even as We are one;
I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfected into one, that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me. (vs. 22,23)

In His request to the Father the words perfected into one implies a process - perfecting.
It should not surprise us that some submit to this perfecting process early and others submit late.

The example of Enoch is instructive. He was taken out of the earth because God wanted to
vindicate to the others that it was possible to live such a life. Enoch obtained this testimony. And God took him
and left others for His acknowledging that Enoch bore the testimony of being well pleasing to God in the world.

By faith Enoch was translated so that he should not see death; and he was not found, because God had translated him. For before his translation he obtained the testimony that he had been well pleasing to God. (Heb. 11;5)

It is the same before the great tribulation. A remnant of normal overcoming saints will be raptured as a corporate Enoch.
And why? Yes, they watched rather than neglected to bear the proper testimony.

Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord comes. (Matt. 24:40-42)

The only scenario of pre-tribulation rapture which is unreliable is the
one teaching that whether the believer watches or does not watch he will be ready to be taken.
Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord comes.(v.42)

2 Timothy 2:24-26 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
This is a tremendous verse. This thread is about building up a habitual practice of such escaping the snare of the devil.
Just before the great tribulation the Lord will demonstrate that some of His people are ready to be taken as Enoch was.
His teaching in Matt. 24:40-42 is that OUR LORD ( implying the saved ) watch even in the daily humdrum to live a sanctified life.
James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
At that time two men will be in the field; one is taken and one is left. (Matt. 24:40)
Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left. (v.41)

We should daily practice to live with hearts turned to the Lord.
We should go about our daily responsibilities as of our Lord may come at any time.

This kind of living causes the Devil to suffer loss if he tries to damage us. So he flees.
This kind of living meets not only the believer's need or desire to escape the hour of world-wide great tribulation.
It meets God's need to have such a testimony and for His people to be so saturated with His Spirit.

How then can we lose? Whatever your view of eschatology is this is a winning stragedy.
Jesus warns us to be faithful to Him through all tribulation. If we do not deny/disobey Him even to the point of our death, we will then be saved/inherit eternal life. If we disobey His commands, we deny Him our love and we will not be approved to inherit eternal life.
If you think on it a little pre-great tribulation rapture is a reward to those who have learned the lesson before those 3.5 years begin.
This is the word out of the mouth of Jesus.

Because you have kept the word of My endurance, I also will keep you out of the hour of trial, which is about to come on the whole inhabited earth, to try them who dwell on the earth. (Rev. 3:10)

Please notice the condition. It is not "Because you are redeemed" or "Because you are born again" or "Because you have the gift of
eternal life".

The only scenario in which pre-great tribulation rapture is unlikely is the one in which regardless of one's spiritual walk
they would be taken out of the hour of world-wide trial. Here some are rewarded for such an event because
they have already learned the lesson.

Some take their daily trials each day to endure in the grace of Christ. Since they have learned how to habitually live this way
some of the church will be raptured. The lesson of endurance for His kingdom was ALREADY learned. For example, like John.

I John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and endurance in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. (Rev. 1:9)

He took seriously his need to be wherever he was "for the kingdom and endurance in Jesus."
He took seriously his need to be "in spirit" through "the tribulation and kingdom".

Compare now John's normal Christian overcoming life with the exhortation to the brotherly love church Philadelphia.
Because you have kept the word of My endurance, I also will keep you out of the hour of trial, which is about to come on the whole inhabited earth, to try them who dwell on the earth. (Rev. 3:10)

Matthew 24:9-11 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
Indeed this has happened throughout church history to some Christians.
But it puzzled me whenever people claim "he who endures to the end shall be saved" is some kind of proof of
there not being any pre-great tribulation rapture.

There is the daily lesson of enjoying the Lord's grace through our trials and tribulations.
We all have them. Those who learn the lesson of His endurance will one day be taken out of the hour of world-wide great tribulation.

The Lord is growing a crop on the earth. It is God's life sown into people's hearts.
There is the growth, maturing, development, and readiness for Harvest as a process.

Every farmer knows that some of the crop - a minority, ripen early as firstfruits.
And most of the crop ripens latter as full harvest.

And He said, So is the kingdom of God: as if a man cast seed on the earth,
And sleeps and rises night and day, and the seed sprouts and lengthens — how, he does not know.
The earth bears fruit by itself: first a blade, then an ear, then full grain in the ear.

But when the fruit is ripe, immediately he sends forth the sickle, because the harvest has come. (Mark 4:26-29)

Since we are His crop on earth all of which will eventually arrive at harvestibility, it is no
suprise that some, a minority, will have early ripening. The Lord warns of such. So we should
watch - meaning live in the Spirit.

This meets the farmer's need. And early readiness of pre-tribulation rapture meets God's need.
The only scenario which is not reliable is that no matter how the Christians live pre-great tribulation is promised them.

Revelation 2:10 Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.
This is another passage that puzzles me why it serves as proof of no pre-great tribulation rapture.
Why is it hard to understand that some might possess a crown of life already during the church age?
They just have to be wary that they do not lose it.

I come quickly; hold fast what you have that no one take your crown. (Rev. 3:11)
Look at the previous verse 10 when reading this.

Because you have kept the word of My endurance, I also will keep you out of the hour of trial, which is about to come on the whole inhabited earth, to try them who dwell on the earth. (v.10)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Now I hear some thinking " Well, I don't believe in any rapture."
Just the very word is a caution light. Maybe it is a red light to stop and go no further.

As a Christian though, what do you have to lose by practicing being caught away by the Lord?
Isn't it a win / win teaching?

Regardless of time or calender date of His coming, you and I know there are things we need rescue from.
We have not the strength in ourselves.
We need to turn our being to the Overcomer, the Lord Jesus, the Victor living within who overcame the world.

I do it by CALLING on His name - "O Lord Jesus, O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus You live in me. Thankyou You Lord Jesus."

I try to begin my day with a dedicated time to let the Lord Jesus remove me from everything other than Himself.
He can do it quickly and effectively. I practice to let the Lord fill me with estatic joy of His indwelling.
I practice rapture. Oh I need to practice rapture in the Lord Jesus even more.

Did you notice that in mundane things of daily responsibility He wants us to live in Him?

He doesn't mean to watch the sky.
He means to watch that our heart is on the Lord.

Notice it is not about two are in church singing and worshipping.
No, it is about two going about thier legitimate daily responsibilities.
Yet their minds should be set on the Lord, on the things which are above where Christ is.

Even Luke adds that the Lord said in resting or sleeping on a bed even, we need to be in such a frame of mind.

I tell you, In that night there will be two on one bed; the one will be taken and the other will be left. (Luke 17:34)

Ask the Lord Jesus to guard your mind and imagination even while you are asleep at night.
I do. I have been forced to do so because my fallen mind is so wicked and nonsensical.
I need the mind of Christ even while sleeping.
I think that we all must live our life every day as if we may die at any moment. This is what really matters. :)

Upvote 0