Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, when a Democrat is in the White House again we can expect the apocalypse?
No, I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards sooner than that. I personally approve of what Trump is doing. I just read today that the stock market had the 2nd greatest and longest bull run in history. So the economy is beginning to soar, especially with this new tax bill and removal of many regulations, enabling businesses to prosper and create new jobs.
It was nice to hear that the POTUS brought Merry Christmas back to the White House after the Obama's avoided it. This politically correct "Happy Holiday" or "Winter Season Break" has plagued and tainted the Christmas spirit. People have also commercialized it to the point where they forgot the core meaning - the birth of OUR LORD AND SAVIOR.
So, Trump has good intentions. I also read today that 98% of ISIS is gone. The territories they've occupied have been pummeled since Trump became president. Obama had restrictions and his generals were not allowed to exert the force necessary that has clearly made the difference. As time goes on, people will realize the damage Obama actually did.
Aside, from all the positives, the left-wing media and Hollywood continue their quest to destroy the POTUS, with fake news, fake allegations and they are very frustrated. Nothing sticks because it's all fake. They don't have anything real, so they make stuff up. So America is also becoming aware of their dishonestly amongst other things.
All that is good, but I don't believe there is enough time, nor do I think he can reverse this immoral state that our country has reached or the massive debt -- it's taken decades to get there. I think America has seen it's better days and so do I think he was appointed leader to make this country great again? No, I think He was appointed to sit in the White House and receive a phone call that missiles from North Korea are headed our way and within minutes, He will respond ten-fold. We needed someone with balls to face what is coming -- sorry ladies. Btw, Bill Clinton, when he was president said that he would take a nuclear hit and not respond. I think Hillary wouldn't either. Folks, I hope I'm wrong, but this next year may see some fireworks. And I hope I'm wrong that the big GT will happen soon. I just retired, bought a new home in Texas and would like to live out my years -- thank you very much. But I am not optimistic, seeing what is happening in this world and this country. I would still like to wish everyone a Happy New Year, if that is possible?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All while maintaining free will and being indistinguishable from statistical averages.
You have a free will to put on a Scottish skirt and wear if you want. But if your will was really free, when you died, you wouldn't be subject to any judgment. Actually you aren't free to do what you want now either. Actions have consequences and someone pays for them, either you do or someone else. So when you die, you should be able to lift your spirit out of your body and float anywhere you like, create your own destiny. You wouldn't have to pay for yours sins. There would be no curse of death, since Christianity says the wages of sin is death. Hey your will should also overcome your illnesses as well. Just will yourself free of illness since nothing has power over you. Will yourself young again -- Just tell your cells and organs to live forever -- your free. The Bible says you are either a slave to God or a slave to Satan -- that's not free. Like I said you can choose many things in life freely but your life itself is in bondage, it has a price tag on it. Either you are going to pay or you can choose for someone else greater than you to pay.

Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's highly doubtful. Hopefully his successor will be able to undo whatever political mess he has made so far and will continue to make while he's still the president. I'm still holding out a small glimmer of hope that he'll be removed before his term is up. I'm hoping that if he keeps going like he is that he will eventually do something bad enough that would be worthy of an impeachment.

Or will they claim it was 'God's plan' after all?
I'm not much of a Trump supporter, but to be clear:

"Whatever political mess he has made so far"

Meaning you don't know, you just assume?

And:

"I'm hoping that if he keeps going like he is that he will eventually do something bad enough that would be worthy of an impeachment."

So you're on the record saying that you want the president to do something really bad so you can get what you want?

Hmmm. Alright.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
No, being tortured by stinging demon scorpion-like locusts is not a good thing. Dah. They are needed? They are part of God's judgment - you can't make this stuff up. Maybe Stephen King could? Actually, He wrote a book that included these creatures and they put them in a movie - quite scary.

Oh, I'd disagree that you couldn't make it up. Smashing together a bunch of animals into one terrifying beast is something humans have been doing long before the book of Revelation was written. We're pretty good at coming up with scary things when we want to.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,477.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You have a free will to put on a Scottish skirt and wear if you want. But if your will was really free, when you died, you wouldn't be subject to any judgment. Actually you aren't free to do what you want now either. Actions have consequences and someone pays for them, either you do or someone else. So when you die, you should be able to lift your spirit out of your body and float anywhere you like, create your own destiny. You wouldn't have to pay for yours sins. There would be no curse of death, since Christianity says the wages of sin is death. Hey your will should also overcome your illnesses as well. Just will yourself free of illness since nothing has power over you. Will yourself young again -- Just tell your cells and organs to live forever -- your free. The Bible says you are either a slave to God or a slave to Satan -- that's not free. Like I said you can choose many things in life freely but your life itself is in bondage, it has a price tag on it. Either you are going to pay or you can choose for someone else greater than you to pay.

That's nice. You might want to let your fellow Christians know they have no free will. Most of them seem to think it is a doctrinal cornerstone of Christianity.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's nice. You might want to let your fellow Christians know they have no free will. Most of them seem to think it is a doctrinal cornerstone of Christianity.
I think they know that nothing is really free, they use the term mainly because man thinks highly of himself. He think She is the director of own destiny and free to choose any direction, INCLUDING GOD. His ego wrestles with his apparent certainty that he chose God, not the other way around. God chose us first, He enabled us to believe, orchestrated the events and people that led us up to that divine appointment, then we chose Him. So we couldn't choose without His first drawing us.
You really need to open your door a little more to a relationship with Him, He stands knocking at it and you keep ignoring Him.
Maybe get together with a few old Scotish friends and talk about it- assuming they are not all atheists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,477.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I think they know that nothing is really free, they use the term mainly because man thinks highly of himself. He think She is the director of own destiny and free to choose any direction, INCLUDING GOD. His ego wrestles with his apparent certainty that he chose God, not the other way around. God chose us first, He enabled us to believe, orchestrated the events and people that led us up to that divine appointment, then we chose Him. So we couldn't choose without His first drawing us.

As I said, something to discuss with other Christians.

You really need to open your door a little more to a relationship with Him, He stands knocking at it and you keep ignoring Him.
It is amazing how in one sentence you presume to know both my mind and God's.

Maybe get together with a few old Scotish friends and talk about it- assuming they are not all atheists.

I will take it under advisement.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, when they get what they want it is claimed to work. When they don't get what they want, they chalk it up to God's will, to cover the bases.
Prayers are answered 100% of the time but only work about 50% of the time. Keeping in mind that God has a plan and prayers either fit into it or they don't, people might as well pray to Joe Pesci. They'll get the same results.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, when they get what they want it is claimed to work. When they don't get what they want, they chalk it up to God's will, to cover the bases.
The difference between Christian prayer and witches "spells" is that Christians pray for God's will to be done. Christians know that God's wisdom is infinitely beyond our comprehension. So we submit to God's will because he is God, and we are not God. And Christians know that sometimes God says no to our request for reasons known to him and for our ultimate good. By contrast, witches are pagans who believe that they are the ones in control of things. When they chant or cast a "spell" they believe it will get them what they want. What they might not know is the power that they are playing with is evil and comes from the devil. The devil sometimes gives people what they want when it will lead them to misery. But God is infinitely more powerful than the devil.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Prayers are answered 100% of the time but only work about 50% of the time. Keeping in mind that God has a plan and prayers either fit into it or they don't, people might as well pray to Joe Pesci. They'll get the same results.

That was a great bit by Carlin.

• Winner
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The difference between Christian prayer and witches "spells" is that Christians pray for God's will to be done. Christians know that God's wisdom is infinitely beyond our comprehension. So we submit to God's will because he is God, and we are not God. And Christians know that sometimes God says no to our request for reasons known to him and for our ultimate good. By contrast, witches are pagans who believe that they are the ones in control of things. When they chant or cast a "spell" they believe it will get them what they want. What they might not know is the power that they are playing with is evil and comes from the devil. The devil sometimes gives people what they want when it will lead them to misery. But God is infinitely more powerful than the devil.

If a God exists and is who Christians claim him to be, why wouldn't his will be done? Can something or someone, override God's will?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If a God exists and is who Christians claim him to be, why wouldn't his will be done? Can something or someone, override God's will?
God's will is to allow us free will so that we can make a free choice to love him. People abuse that free will when we sin. But we all will be judged by God after this life.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Probably better results...I can visit Joe in New Jersey to confirm that he exists....

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Oh, I'd disagree that you couldn't make it up. Smashing together a bunch of animals into one terrifying beast is something humans have been doing long before the book of Revelation was written. We're pretty good at coming up with scary things when we want to.

Indeed, it’s quite easily done. All comments like the one you quote demonstrate is a lack of imagination.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
I’m not sure who’s sadder here, the witches for thinking their babble would accomplish anything, or the Christians who think the failure of the “wrong type” of prayer is some kind of validation of a manbaby like Trump.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.