Trump is fined $10,000 over a comment he made outside court in his New York civil fraud trial

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Donald Trump was called to the witness stand and then fined $10,000 on Wednesday after a judge concluded that the former president had violated a limited gag order in his civil fraud trial. It was the second time in less than a week that Trump was penalized for his out-of-court comments.​
Before imposing the latest fine, Judge Arthur Engoron summoned Trump from the defense table to testify about his comment to reporters hours earlier about “a person who’s very partisan sitting alongside” the judge....​

How soon till he violates it again?

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,501.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Donald Trump was called to the witness stand and then fined $10,000 on Wednesday after a judge concluded that the former president had violated a limited gag order in his civil fraud trial. It was the second time in less than a week that Trump was penalized for his out-of-court comments.​
Before imposing the latest fine, Judge Arthur Engoron summoned Trump from the defense table to testify about his comment to reporters hours earlier about “a person who’s very partisan sitting alongside” the judge....​

He just cannot comply. Maybe a night in jail will adjust his attitude.

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Boy, does he look angry in the photo! He looks like he wants to spout off right then but can't. His lips are so pressed together they look superglued. :ebil:

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
it's nice to see a penalty, but for petes sakes can we stop with the, "AHh you little rascal you once again broke a court order that can have jail time, here pay a few dollars." anyone else would have been in jail till trial long before now. It really just makes you look weak if you can't even back up your threats, what motivation does he have to behave when he gets a tiny little fine.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have seen no rules or laws Mr Trump is not willing to break. He doesn't respect any kind of authority. Donald doesn't seem to have the ability for silence either. I am with JustOneWay on his prediction. He will certainly violate something this week haha.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is $10k really a big punishment for him?

According to Forbes, he's worth 2.6 billion (who knows how accurate that is)

But to put that in perspective, for a person with a net worth of $200k, that'd be the equivalent of $0.76.

Not that I'm the same kind of loudmouth as Trump, but if I was... and my choices were a patronizing "be a good little boy and hush", or, pay 76 cents and say what you want. I'd be choosing the latter (as I'm sure most of us would)

To get him to keep his trap shut, they need to be tossing out some bigger numbers...or perhaps something that's not tied to anything monetary. Like "violate this gag order, and you spend 3 nights in county lock-up with a large cellmate who doesn't like chatter after 9pm"

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,501.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

But to put that in perspective, for a person with a net worth of $200k, that'd be the equivalent of $0.76.

Not that I'm the same kind of loudmouth as Trump, but if I was... and my choices were a patronizing "be a good little boy and hush", or, pay 76 cents and say what you want. I'd be choosing the latter.

To get him to keep his trap shut, they need to be tossing out some bigger numbers...or perhaps something that's not tied to anything monetary. Like "violate this gag order, and you spend 3 nights in county lock-up with a cell mate"
Yep. Two to three nights in jail should make him cease and desist.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Not that I'm the same kind of loudmouth as Trump, but if I was... and my choices were a patronizing "be a good little boy and hush", or, pay 76 cents and say what you want. I'd be choosing the latter (as I'm sure most of us would)

To get him to keep his trap shut, they need to be tossing out some bigger numbers...or perhaps something that's not tied to anything monetary. Like "violate this gag order, and you spend 3 nights in county lock-up with a large cellmate who doesn't like chatter after 9pm"
1. Except as provided in subdivisions (2), (3) and (4), punishment for a contempt, specified in section seven hundred fifty, may be by fine, not exceeding one thousand dollars, or by imprisonment, not exceeding thirty days, in the jail of the county where the court is sitting*, or both, in the discretion of the court.  

*That would be here:

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Donald would look good in an orange prison jumpsuit. It'd match his hair.

Republican-Presidential-Candidate-Donald-Trump.jpg

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Let's be clear about what happened. After the trump lawyer team thought they had a "A Few Good Men" moment believing they caught Michael Cohen on the stand in a lie, the lawyers asked the judge for an immediate dismissal of all charges, and after the judge shot them down, trump became enraged, had a temper tantrum and stormed out of the courtroom.

The funny thing about trump's lawyers asking for a dismissal of all charges is that the verdict has already been rendered! This court trial is only to determine the amount of money trump needs to pay.

Yes, the former President of the United States had a temper tantrum and ran out of the courtroom.

Cohen's response to trump when asked about trump said - "I saw a defeated man"

I would post a video from Cohen, but the last time I did I got a warning because people can't handle the truth.... LOL

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Donald would look good in an orange prison jumpsuit. It'd match his hair.

Republican-Presidential-Candidate-Donald-Trump.jpg

Or maybe he could wear prison stripes and be a new joke, what is black and white and red... ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1. Except as provided in subdivisions (2), (3) and (4), punishment for a contempt, specified in section seven hundred fifty, may be by fine, not exceeding one thousand dollars, or by imprisonment, not exceeding thirty days, in the jail of the county where the court is sitting*, or both, in the discretion of the court.  

*That would be here:

I know it's been discussed with other trials, but one of the remedies is that trump can be jailed till trial if he's seen as a danger, his repeated attacks agianst judges, witnesses, and such should be enough to put him in jail least in some of the cases. how many chances will the guy get before it's too much. Again any other person have been in jail for his stunts.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know it's been discussed with other trials, but one of the remedies is that trump can be jailed till trial if he's seen as a danger, his repeated attacks agianst judges, witnesses, and such should be enough to put him in jail least in some of the cases. how many chances will the guy get before it's too much. Again any other person have been in jail for his stunts.
One of the major problems with putting Trump in jail is that he is protected by the Secret Service, how would they be accommodated, etc.

In my opinion, if he keeps it up he can be put under house arrest with an ankle bracelet. If he continues to post to social media the communications he has been instructed not to use the wifi connections can be turned off for his access.
Just a week of that should get through to him that he's not the boss.

Upvote 0