"We don't care. We are just going to stay in power" - Trump aide after Trump's loss.

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,722.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As all of the president's (wo)men flip they're painting quite the picture of a would-be-dictator. In particular, Trump had no plans to leave office.

Attorney Jenna Ellis in her proffer session to Fulton County prosecutors

1699917403921.png

Ellis specifically noted during the proffer session that the alleged comment from Scavino, who worked for Donald Trump for decades at the Trump Organization before joining his first presidential bid, came in response to her apologizing over the lack of success with their election challenges in court, culminating with a Supreme Court loss that indicated their ability to challenge the election "was essentially over."

"And he said to me, in a kind of excited tone, 'Well, we don't care, and we're not going to leave,'" Ellis said of the alleged Dec. 19 conversation with Scavino. "And I said, 'What do you mean?' And he said 'Well, the boss', meaning President Trump -- and everyone understood 'the boss,' that's what we all called him -- he said, 'The boss is not going to leave under any circumstances. We are just going to stay in power.'"

Ellis continued, "And I said to him, 'Well, it doesn't quite work that way, you realize?' and he said, 'We don't care.'"

Ellis told prosecutors that both were consuming alcohol during the party, but that she did not believe that factored into Scavino's apparent mindset or her memory of the event, according to the proffer video.

Ellis also told prosecutors that in her mind, the fact that Scavino offered the information immediately after she brought up the Supreme Court loss "indicated to me that he was serious and that was in furtherance of something that he had discussed with the boss."

The account given by Ellis to prosecutors, as revealed in the proffer video, echoes earlier reporting this year from The New York Times' Maggie Haberman, who reported in her book, "Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America," that Trump had told aides, "I'm just not going to leave" and "we're never leaving."

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
As all of the president's (wo)men flip they're painting quite the picture of a would-be-dictator. In particular, Trump had no plans to leave office.

Attorney Jenna Ellis in her proffer session to Fulton County prosecutors

View attachment 339222

What. a. guy.

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Previously in Dan Scavino:

Mehta noted that two other Trump aides whom the House sought to hold in contempt — Mark Meadows and Dan Scavino — produced letters from Trump ordering them to assert executive privilege on his behalf.

[AFAIK, Scavino did not testify and was not held in contempt.]

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ABC News first reported details from the videos and the WaPo published them yesterday...in response Willis implies they were released by the defense and is asking for an emergency protective order on all evidence:

The Atlanta-area prosecutor leading the criminal racketeering case against former president Donald Trump and 14 allies alleging they broke the law when they sought to overturn Trump’s 2020 election loss in Georgia asked the judge overseeing the case to immediately issue an “emergency” protective order over discovery materials to prevent leaks of potential evidence.

“These confidential video recordings were not released by the State to any party other than the defendants charged in the indictment, pursuant to the discovery process as required by law,” the filing said. “The release of these confidential video recordings is clearly intended to intimidate witnesses in this case, subjecting them to harassment and threats prior to trial, constitutes indirect communication about the facts of this case with codefendants and witnesses, and obstructs the administration of justice, in violation of the conditions of release imposed on each defendant.”

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
ABC News first reported details from the videos and the WaPo published them yesterday...in response Willis implies they were released by the defense and is asking for an emergency protective order on all evidence:

Misty Hampton’s lawyer admits to releasing Trump plea bargain videos

Fulton DA Fani Willis is seeking an emergency motion to stop the distribution of leaked videos.​

Jonathan Miller, the attorney representing Misty Hampton in Donald Trump’s historic racketeering trial in Atlanta, admitted Wednesday afternoon he leaked videos to one national media outlet.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Previously in Dan Scavino:

Mehta noted that two other Trump aides whom the House sought to hold in contempt — Mark Meadows and Dan Scavino — produced letters from Trump ordering them to assert executive privilege on his behalf.

[AFAIK, Scavino did not testify and was not held in contempt.]
Do you think Scavino made a deal? Unless he testifies, it is only hearsay.

I think he is not a loyalist.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Trump supporters rarely ever posts in these threads except to point out a false equivalency.

It's too bad. Cause nobody answers for what Trump or his lackeys say; they can just ignore it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump supporters rarely ever posts in these threads except to point out a false equivalency.

It's too bad. Cause nobody answers for what Trump or his lackeys say; they can just ignore it.

I have a feeling if trumpers did post on reality based threads they would have to spend the rest of the day (or month) reconciling their perceptions with truth. Honest moral inventory is exhausting lol.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I have a feeling if trumpers did post on reality based threads they would have to spend the rest of the day (or month) reconciling their perceptions with truth. Honest moral inventory is exhausting lol.
I don't know if I'd go so far as to suggest a "reality based thread". I would really like to think that at some point, they would be so overwhelmed with examples of him being shady, they'd just come out and say "he's shady".

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I don't know if I'd go so far as to suggest a "reality based thread". I would really like to think that at some point, they would be so overwhelmed with examples of him being shady, they'd just come out and say "he's shady".
The answer to this is simple. He's shady, and we will vote for him anyways.

• Agree
Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
My personal opinion has ALWAYS been that "like attracts like". It's just harder for me to accept when it's a bad person doing dishonest things.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

(Whispering "BECAUSE he is shady").
Righteous indignation can be the root of hypocrisy. Trump's shadiness is easily dismissed by hypocrites, while simultaneously pointing out the shady people in the other tribe.

Upvote 0