Witches “Binding Spell” Failed to Stop President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,188.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You guys are joking but you are asking the right questions.

A warlock is an oath breaker (hint hint,) and usually they reneged on an oath with a demon to give a measure of one's soul for power.

It is likely conventional methods won't work. You would likely need electromagnetic dampners (something with salt, iron, onyx or a ward of some sort to weaken his magick.)
What's your view on this:

g6vxop0oxyzgiqcn0qft.jpg

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,188.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I will look past the infringement on my Star Wars joke territory because that was funny.
Dude, you lost 2 death stars and got thrown down a well by your crippled pupil. You lost all exclusivity privileges.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟10,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Vox said:
Hughes is the only originator of the spell — he says it was co-created by a small community of like-minded occultists — to speak publicly about its genesis. It later went viral after being republished on Medium by Defiant’s Matthew Gault.

The spell itself requires certain symbolic elements: a black candle, a white candle, a shorter orange candle to represent Trump. Participants can replace this with baby carrots, photos, or even Cheetos. They are encouraged to modify the spell in ways that feel meaningful to them. Doucette, who grew up near the woods, adds a chant of protection for the “wild places” she worries might be affected by Trump’s environmental policies. Gojira said she likes to shower and put on makeup before rituals: "It makes me feel confident. I have something to say to the universe, and the universe is going to listen."
IMG_1149.JPG

As Doucette put it: “I’m cynical. Much as I don’t think my vote has an effect, I don’t think my spell is binding anyone. But for me, the practice of a community getting together for a common goal … it kind of filled something in me.”

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
"It makes me feel confident. I have something to say to the universe, and the universe is going to listen."

The universe thinks you’re an entitled moron

This may as well be the hippy version of ‘thoughts and prayers’ and about as productive, peak snowflake has been achieved

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
What's your view on this:

g6vxop0oxyzgiqcn0qft.jpg

Nubs of magick feeling haughty about the few world events they were able to forge according to (what they preceive as) their will alone. It is an esoteric display of alleged power.

I am not "poe"ing despite the vernacular.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Why would God's will not be done?

In all honesty this is another good question directly related to the topic. Christians are supposed to pray for God's will not because His will won't done, but precisely so that we train ourselves to rely on Him instead of breaking the rules and bending the world around us to our will - magick.

A lot of people practice rudimentary psionic assaults and magick without realizing it. Those who choose to go further bring out latent magical abilities to further their will. Christians are supposed to resist that temptation, and us asking for His will is our training to rely on Him, not magick.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yep. Looks like some new age hippie nonsense that wouldn't hurt anyone if it even tried to.

Honestly, I can't hate on these "witches" if they get a sense of community from their beliefs for the same reason I don't hate on Christians for the sense of community and belonging they get out of their beliefs. To me, it's all pretty much filed under the same general category of beliefs I don't subscribe to. As long as they aren't trying to blow anything up, I don't see the harm in people lighting some candles and making a wish.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Yep. Looks like some new age hippie nonsense that wouldn't hurt anyone if it even tried to.

Honestly, I can't hate on these "witches" if they get a sense of community from their beliefs for the same reason I don't hate on Christians for the sense of community and belonging they get out of their beliefs. To me, it's all pretty much filed under the same general category of beliefs I don't subscribe to. As long as they aren't trying to blow anything up, I don't see the harm in people lighting some candles and making a wish.

Well, they could actually be doing something useful with their time.

(well aware of the hypocrisy, thank you)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do you all remember that news story about witches trying to stop President Trump with a spell? Here's the news story from earlier in 2017 for those who missed it:

BBC: Witches cast 'mass spell' against Donald Trump - 2/25/17

Well, Trump's successes show that the witches failed to stop him. Even CNN admitted recently that Trump has succeeded in keeping a lot of his promises:

CNN: Donald Trump -- keeper of promises, 12/7/17

'Firefighter Prophet' Updates His Vision for Donald Trump's Presidency

The date for this article seems to be November, 2016. To me this is why the witches of the world had no traction.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Honestly, I can't hate on these "witches" if they get a sense of community from their bel
Those ‘witnesses’ don’t know how to construct a cogent argument however.

Hardly our fault that god’s employees are incompetent, but we get the blame for his mistake.
You are right, many of us are incompetent, weak, sinners, and many poorly equipped. First of all arguing doesn't get you anywhere when arrogance and pride is around. Pride keeps people from God. There is no formula, cogent or otherwise to lift the veil. Evangelism is a gift (Eph. 4:11), many attempt it, many ate encouraged or forced to, but few have that gift. God uses them. So most of the times, time and words are wasted, because it was neither not coming directly from the Holy Spirit and through his agent at the right time - when the person is ready. Maybe many of those other seeds planted lied dormant, in the back of one's mind and then _ all of a sudden _ its cogent, clear, enlighhtening. It all comes together and you see differently.
I am not an evangelist, don't have that gift, maybe you'll meet a real one someday.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,746,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is closed. This particular forum is not Christian Apologetics or a Theology forum, nor is it the place to discuss/promote non-Christian practices.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.