Where did Intelligence begin, in matter or fundamental energy?

The first Intelligence began in.....

• Carbon based life less than 5 billion years ago, on earth.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Carbon based life in outer space.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Fundamental or nearly fundamental energy.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • This is a new question that I am only now facing.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • This question is flawed.... God had no beginning.

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
OIC. The relationship of trees with fungi is an excellent example of mutualistic co-evolution; two species cooperating for mutual benefit. The natural world is full of such examples, not usually considered to be examples of intelligence.

Even the mainstream acknowledges the existence of magnetism in space, which is *caused* by the movement of charged particles.
That doesn't mean the universe is 'wired together' in any meaningful way.

You can whine about the scientific aspect of panentheism...
I didn't mention it, but thanks - I'll pass.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
OIC. The relationship of trees with fungi is an excellent example of mutualistic co-evolution; two species cooperating for mutual benefit. The natural world is full of such examples, not usually considered to be examples of intelligence.

So they "communicate" without intelligence?

That doesn't mean the universe is 'wired together' in any meaningful way.

Would you even study EU/PC materials by Birkeland, Alfven and Peratt if I cited them for you?

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
So they "communicate" without intelligence?
Sure - almost all life communicates in some way or other. For example, bacteria use 'quorum sensing'. If you think that communication requires intelligence, you have a uselessly wide definition of intelligence.

Would you even study EU/PC materials by Birkeland, Alfven and Peratt if I cited them for you?
Cite them and I'll take a look. No promises - what I've heard isn't promising.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am an Evolutionary Theist........

I am of the belief that a being with "Godlike" technological capability

began, far far far far far more than 13.72 billion years ago, in
fundamental or nearly fundamental energy that to at least some
degree corresponds with "Energy from Quantum Vacuum."

This Intelligence learned and learned, and experimented..... .and
designed Big Bang type events, nearly an infinite number of them,
and eventually, around 13.72 billion year or so ago began our.......
Big Bang event that led to the evolution plus creation of
all the life forms that we see here on earth.

The only existing intelligence I am aware of, is the one that manifests through a physical brain, which took some 4 billion years to evolve.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Sure - almost all life communicates in some way or other. For example, bacteria use 'quorum sensing'. If you think that communication requires intelligence, you have a uselessly wide definition of intelligence.

It's a sliding scale to be sure, but that's about what I'd expect if awareness and intelligence were an intrinsic part of "nature". The more "evolved" the physical form, the more "intelligence" it can "direct/hold". Let refined living organisms might only be capable of a relatively "primitive" type of intelligence, even if they have the same "awareness" as every other living thing.

Cite them and I'll take a look. No promises - what I've heard isn't promising.

I'd suggest you start with a solar model and work your way out. Mostly positively charged "cosmic rays" meet up with the outbound cathode rays somewhere around the heliosphere. Cosmic rays have so much kinetic energy they bombard our planet too.

Birkeland imagined that the sun was internally powered by a "transmutation of elements", or what we'd call "fusion" today.

The first circuit we need to talk about is the one between the sun and "space".

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
It's a sliding scale to be sure, but that's about what I'd expect if awareness and intelligence were an intrinsic part of "nature". The more "evolved" the physical form, the more "intelligence" it can "direct/hold". Let refined living organisms might only be capable of a relatively "primitive" type of intelligence, even if they have the same "awareness" as every other living thing.
New-Age waffle. Every organism is equally evolved. Intelligence and awareness are words devised to describe various forms of behaviour in various contexts, and their precise meaning depends on their usage and context. It makes no sense to reify them.

I'd suggest you start with a solar model and work your way out. Mostly positively charged "cosmic rays" meet up with the outbound cathode rays somewhere around the heliosphere. Cosmic rays have so much kinetic energy they bombard our planet too.

Birkeland imagined that the sun was internally powered by a "transmutation of elements", or what we'd call "fusion" today.

The first circuit we need to talk about is the one between the sun and "space".
I'm familiar with the basic physics. You said you'd provide citations for me to look at.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The only existing intelligence I am aware of, is the one that manifests through a physical brain, which took some 4 billion years to evolve.

We are naturally biased toward that type of intelligence and we have terrible difficulty imagine what an intelligence would be like that was composed only of fundamental or nearly fundamental energy.

The Fundamental Force

"The prevalent and prevailing consensus points to four fundamental forces —
electromagnetism, gravitation, as well as strong and weak nuclear forces — but I
aver that there is only one force: energetic matter. The energetic matter
creates wave formations are expressed exclusively by the two principle behaviors
(forces) of pushing and pulling." (Dr. Chaim Tejman)

Wave Theory and Gender: Why Sex

"Pulling and gravitation, which resemble basic feminine traits, are the dominant properties of the magnetic loop. Consequently, magnetic loops have a capacity for storing energy and act to maintain the structural integrity of the entire wave formation. The electronic/energetic loop consists of expanding properties that disperse energetic matter that “disappears” into space. This is synonymous with masculine characteristics." (Dr. Chaim Tejman)

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
New-Age waffle.

Not really. We see evidence of intelligence and awareness of environment in the simplest of living organisms. That's very congruent with a "field" theory of awareness.

Every organism is equally evolved.

Hmm. I'm not so sure about that. I'd agree that every organism has had an equal amount of time to evolve (more or less), but designs that worked well early on may not have needed to "evolve" a whole lot since then, even of some of their "children" continued to evolve dramatically over time.

Intelligence and awareness are words devised to describe various forms of behaviour in various contexts, and their precise meaning depends on their usage and context. It makes no sense to reify them.

I'm simply noting that it tends to be a 'sliding scale' of some sort to start with.

I'm familiar with the basic physics. You said you'd provide citations for me to look at.

If you want to learn as much about EU/PC theory as Kristian Birkeland knew 100 years ago, I suggest that you start by reading his work. Unfortunately (or fortunately), it's a couple of encyclopedia volumes worth of material to sift through. The good news is that it's free. The 'gist' of his work is summed up in that 2 minute video explain his working model, but if you want to see the math and the explanations of his rationale, you'd have to read his work for yourself.

His book can be downloaded from this link:

https://archive.org/download/norwegianaurorap01chririch/norwegianaurorap01chririch.pdf

You can find a few more papers here too:

Index of /Birkeland

Hannes Alfven is pretty much considered to be the father of EU/PC 'cosmology' theory, and the first to apply circuit theory to events in space. His book "Cosmic Plasma" describes the physical/mathematical/conceptual basis of EU/PC theory. Cosmic Plasma a collection of his published papers, presented in an organized fashion, along with some overview material.

The first few chapters can be read for free at the link below:

Cosmic Plasma

You can also find a collection of many of his published papers on a variety of astronomy topics here:

Index of /Alfven

His first generation student, Anthony Peratt, works(ed) at Los Alamos and used computer software to simulate many of Alfven's ideas and he's written a whole book about it too.

Physics of the Plasma Universe | Anthony L. Peratt | Springer

That's the best mathematical presentation and description of this topic by the way IMO.

Here's a good (and free) intro to his work:

http://plasmauniverse.info/downloads/CosmologyPeratt.pdf

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
We are naturally biased toward that type of intelligence and we have terrible difficulty imagine what an intelligence would be like that was composed only of fundamental or nearly fundamental energy.

That would require redefining the word "intelligence". When we are talking about "intelligence" in the human sense, we are talking about awareness and reasoning capabilities. Not about how a hydrogen atoms "know" how to bond with oxygen atoms to form water.

Even in advanced computer systems that employ "machine learning" algorithms, we still qualify it with artificial intelligence, to distinguish it from natural brain style intelligence.

So if someone tells me that fundamental energy is "intelligent" - then I don't know what they are talking about. It's like talking about a type of wood that doesn't come from a tree. I don't know what that is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
We see evidence of intelligence and awareness of environment in the simplest of living organisms. That's very congruent with a "field" theory of awareness.
In the simplest organisms the mechanisms are clear (tropisms, etc); no fields are required. In more complex organisms the full details may be obscure, but enough is known to see that they are elaborated versions of the simple mechanisms. In organisms with nervous systems, it's the same story at a higher level of abstraction.

Also, there is no mechanism, no suitable 'field'. When you suggest that some 'field' affects the behaviour of organisms, you're suggesting that something interacts with the protons, neutrons, and electrons they're made of; at the relevant scale (biochemistry), the only significant field is electromagnetism, and it simply isn't suitable - even assuming we could suspend the laws of thermodynamics, and account for whatever else is required to generate, maintain, focus, and guide such a field. It's magical thinking.

I'm not so sure about that. I'd agree that every organism has had an equal amount of time to evolve (more or less), but designs that worked well early on may not have needed to "evolve" a whole lot since then, even of some of their "children" continued to evolve dramatically over time.
Every population produces variations on which natural selection acts, and variations on which it doesn't (e.g. genetic drift). Some variations result in large phenotypic differences, some small. Some result in major selective advantages, some in minor. The scale of phenotypic change and the scale of selective advantage are not necessarily correlated; likewise for the timescales. Once you start trying to define which creatures are 'more evolved' than other creatures, you have to decide on your criteria, and you'll find you need to reconcile multiple independent - and often conflicting - measures. I suggest you don't go there. Also, your suggestion has an implicit teleology, as if evolution is a story of 'progress', but that's a privileged viewpoint; for example, does the loss of a feature (e.g. a tail) make a creature more evolved or less evolved than those that retain the feature? or more evolved or less evolved than those that never evolved that feature? and what about all the other features those creatures have?

I'm simply noting that it tends to be a 'sliding scale' of some sort to start with.
I see; "a 'sliding scale' of some sort" - could you be more vague?

If you want to learn as much about EU/PC theory as Kristian Birkeland knew 100 years ago, I suggest that you start by reading his work.
Good grief, no. An outline of the major principles and how they contribute to his ideas would be plenty.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), it's a couple of encyclopedia volumes worth of material to sift through. The good news is that it's free. The 'gist' of his work is summed up in that 2 minute video explain his working model...
If the gist of his work is an explanation for auroras, I've been familiar with his work for years. How on Earth do you construct your bizarre ideas of purposeful universal interconnectedness from the excitation of atoms in the magnetosphere by the solar wind? Seriously?

... if you want to see the math and the explanations of his rationale, you'd have to read his work for yourself.

His book can be downloaded from this link:

https://archive.org/download/norwegianaurorap01chririch/norwegianaurorap01chririch.pdf
Looks like some good experimental work on measuring the magnetic disturbances of the auroras and magnetic storms near the poles; pioneering work for the turn of the last century. Some 'exciting' rugged explorer interludes on the rigours of polar exploration; and some brief speculation about the mechanisms powering the sun. Illuminating at the time; useful background data today. So what?

Modern studies of the sun and the magnetic fields of the Earth, and their interactions, have progressed considerably in the last 115 years, not least because we have satellites studying them, and some major breakthroughs in fundamental physics that opened whole new vistas unavailable to Birkeland.

Hannes Alfven is pretty much considered to be the father of EU/PC 'cosmology' theory, and the first to apply circuit theory to events in space. His book "Cosmic Plasma" describes the physical/mathematical/conceptual basis of EU/PC theory. Cosmic Plasma a collection of his published papers, presented in an organized fashion, along with some overview material.

The first few chapters can be read for free at the link below:

Cosmic Plasma
OK, I'll have a browse.

You can also find a collection of many of his published papers on a variety of astronomy topics here:

Index of /Alfven

His first generation student, Anthony Peratt, works(ed) at Los Alamos and used computer software to simulate many of Alfven's ideas and he's written a whole book about it too.

Physics of the Plasma Universe | Anthony L. Peratt | Springer

That's the best mathematical presentation and description of this topic by the way IMO.

Here's a good (and free) intro to his work:

http://plasmauniverse.info/downloads/CosmologyPeratt.pdf
Likewise.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
... if someone tells me that fundamental energy is "intelligent" - then I don't know what they are talking about. It's like talking about a type of wood that doesn't come from a tree. I don't know what that is.
You might also want to ask them what they mean by 'fundamental energy'. I did, and couldn't get a coherent response.

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
In the simplest organisms the mechanisms are clear (tropisms, etc); no fields are required. In more complex organisms the full details may be obscure, but enough is known to see that they are elaborated versions of the simple mechanisms. In organisms with nervous systems, it's the same story at a higher level of abstraction.

Also, there is no mechanism, no suitable 'field'. When you suggest that some 'field' affects the behaviour of organisms, you're suggesting that something interacts with the protons, neutrons, and electrons they're made of; at the relevant scale (biochemistry), the only significant field is electromagnetism, and it simply isn't suitable - even assuming we could suspend the laws of thermodynamics, and account for whatever else is required to generate, maintain, focus, and guide such a field. It's magical thinking.

At *least* the EM field is involved in intelligence, even if nothing more elaborate is required to explain it. Even the proposal for a "field of soul" (ORCH-OR?) would be no more "magical" than proposing a hypothetical graviton, or an inflaton field, or any undefined "space" that does magic tricks for breakfast. Your definition of 'magical' is a bit, um "one sided" shall we say? Where do we cross the line from "hypothetical" to 'magical' in the realm in physics?

Every population produces variations on which natural selection acts, and variations on which it doesn't (e.g. genetic drift). Some variations result in large phenotypic differences, some small. Some result in major selective advantages, some in minor. The scale of phenotypic change and the scale of selective advantage are not necessarily correlated; likewise for the timescales. Once you start trying to define which creatures are 'more evolved' than other creatures, you have to decide on your criteria, and you'll find you need to reconcile multiple independent - and often conflicting - measures. I suggest you don't go there. Also, your suggestion has an implicit teleology, as if evolution is a story of 'progress', but that's a privileged viewpoint; for example, does the loss of a feature (e.g. a tail) make a creature more evolved or less evolved than those that retain the feature? or more evolved or less evolved than those that never evolved that feature? and what about all the other features those creatures have?

I think we're splitting hairs on this topic somewhere and feels like a distraction. Suffice to say a "classic" design may not need much "evolution" to continue to exist over time.

I see; "a 'sliding scale' of some sort" - could you be more vague?

Maybe. :) You have to admit it's a bit like trying to nail jello to wall when defining a scale of inter-species "intelligence". It's not my fault the whole field is a little vague.

Good grief, no. An outline of the major principles and how they contribute to his ideas would be plenty.

That NYT article was as good an introduction as any. It was short and concise.

If the gist of his work is an explanation for auroras, I've been familiar with his work for years.

Are you familiar with his solar theories too? Birkeland didn't just write about aurora.

How on Earth do you construct your bizarre ideas of purposeful universal interconnectedness from the excitation of atoms in the magnetosphere by the solar wind? Seriously?

Well, you begin by noting that solar system and larger universe are literally "wired together" electrically in ways that we never imagined, and still don't fully "realize".

Looks like some good experimental work on measuring the magnetic disturbances of the auroras and magnetic storms near the poles; pioneering work for the turn of the last century. Some 'exciting' rugged explorer interludes on the rigours of polar exploration; and some brief speculation about the mechanisms powering the sun. Illuminating at the time; useful background data today. So what?

So his work demonstrates that suns act as cathodes with respect to 'space', which by the way bombards the sun with high speed protons called 'cosmic rays'. If you're going to understand anything about EU/PC theory, his works would be your best choice. The mainstream is still playing catch up in solar physics, and they're definitely ignorant of Alfven's work on cosmology theory in my experience.

Modern studies of the sun and the magnetic fields of the Earth, and their interactions, have progressed considerably in the last 115 years, not least because we have satellites studying them, and some major breakthroughs in fundamental physics that opened whole new vistas unavailable to Birkeland.

True, but they all verified his models, starting with the "magnetic ropes" that connect the sun to the various planets. They demonstrated he was right about every aspect of solar physic he wrote about too, not that anyone has given him any credit in solar physics.

In terms of what the mainstream can do in a lab, they still haven't been able to create a full sphere sustained "corona" around the sun, over a century after Birkeland demonstrate that it's a *discharge* related phenomenon.

If you think the mainstream has learned something special about the sun in 100 years that Birkeland didn't already know, or at least suspect, point it out. He even predicted that a "transmutation of elements" was responsible for generating solar energy, and he correctly predicted very modern satellite image of the sun, including coronal loops, polar jets, high speed solar wind, etc.

You'd think we'd have learned a lot about the sun in 100 years, but in terms of theory, not so much. We've learned a few practical things about it, all of which Birkeland already predicted with his cathode solar model, right down to the positive nature of 'space' (cosmic rays).

Any first impression you may have about the 'dated' nature of his work is actually dead wrong. Not only was Birkeland *more than* a century ahead of his time, it's taken nearly a full century to produce the equipment that can verify it, like SDO, ACE, etc.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
At *least* the EM field is involved in intelligence, even if nothing more elaborate is required to explain it.
Yes, to the extent that it's involved in neural membrane depolarization (the movement of charged ions through the cell membrane). But this more like EM involvement in holding matter together than it is like EM radiation.

Even the proposal for a "field of soul" (ORCH-OR?) would be no more "magical" than proposing a hypothetical graviton, or an inflaton field, or any undefined "space" that does magic tricks for breakfast. Your definition of 'magical' is a bit, um "one sided" shall we say? Where do we cross the line from "hypothetical" to 'magical' in the realm in physics?
If you read the linked article, you'll see that 'magical thinking' has a specific meaning separate from 'magic' per se.

I think we're splitting hairs on this topic somewhere and feels like a distraction. Suffice to say a "classic" design may not need much "evolution" to continue to exist over time.
Whatever - I was just pointing out that your suggestion of differential evolution was neither well-defined nor coherent.

Maybe. :) You have to admit it's a bit like trying to nail jello to wall when defining a scale of inter-species "intelligence". It's not my fault the whole field is a little vague.
So unless you define what you mean by it in some context, you're saying nothing useful with it.

That NYT article was as good an introduction as any. It was short and concise.
Which NYT article?

Are you familiar with his solar theories too? Birkeland didn't just write about aurora.
There wasn't much in the book link you gave, and what there was was speculative.

Well, you begin by noting that solar system and larger universe are literally "wired together" electrically in ways that we never imagined, and still don't fully "realize".
So you keep asserting, without providing evidence. If we don't fully realize that they're literally 'wired together', we don't really know they're wired together.

[You should know that "literally 'wired together'" means there are actual wires between the solar system and the 'larger universe', and that literally makes no sense]

You may think I'm being pedantic, but I'm making the point that if you want to make a meaningful physical argument you need to be precise in your description, not vague and wooly.

So his work demonstrates that suns act as cathodes with respect to 'space', which by the way bombards the sun with high speed protons called 'cosmic rays'.
This is not news; the movement of charged particles in the vicinity of the sun is well documented - not least by the SOHO, Solar Max, & WIND satellites, and others.

If you're going to understand anything about EU/PC theory, his works would be your best choice. The mainstream is still playing catch up in solar physics, and they're definitely ignorant of Alfven's work on cosmology theory in my experience.
So if Birkeland is the best choice for EU/PC theory - why mention Alfven?

... they all verified his models, starting with the "magnetic ropes" that connect the sun to the various planets.
OK, I've heard about these very temporary magnetic connections that guide the solar wind - they come and go over periods of minutes. Where does he mention these magnetic ropes in the book?

In terms of what the mainstream can do in a lab, they still haven't been able to create a full sphere sustained "corona" around the sun...
Perhaps because it's not easy to get the sun into the lab... what are you on about?

You'd think we'd have learned a lot about the sun in 100 years, but in terms of theory, not so much. We've learned a few practical things about it, all of which Birkeland already predicted with his cathode solar model, right down to the positive nature of 'space' (cosmic rays).

Any first impression you may have about the 'dated' nature of his work is actually dead wrong. Not only was Birkeland *more than* a century ahead of his time, it's taken nearly a full century to produce the equipment that can verify it, like SDO, ACE, etc.
Yawn... I get that you think Birkeland was ahead of his time - but none of this looks relevant to your fantasy of a cosmic brain; the solar wind takes 2-4 days just to reach Earth (8 light minutes away) and isn't significant beyond the Heliopoause.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, to the extent that it's involved in neural membrane depolarization (the movement of charged ions through the cell membrane). But this more like EM involvement in holding matter together than it is like EM radiation.

The EM field patterns change as we "thing" and "feel", so awareness is definitely and EM field related process.

Which NYT article?

http://www.thesurfaceofthesun.com/Birkeland/NYT Birkeland.pdf

There wasn't much in the book link you gave, and what there was was speculative.

:) Like "dark energy" isn't speculative? The book link lays out the mathematical formulas. Peratt's computer models build upon those models.

So you keep asserting, without providing evidence. If we don't fully realize that they're literally 'wired together', we don't really know they're wired together.

Actually we do. Even the mainstreams model is "wired together" in "dark matter filaments", with the galaxy clusters embedded in them. Filamentary shapes are common in all current carrying environments, and Alfven's work predicts they carry current too.

[You should know that "literally 'wired together'" means there are actual wires between the solar system and the 'larger universe', and that literally makes no sense]

Actually plasma is the ultimate "wire' in terms of it's ability to carry current and Birkeland currents can have particle flow in both directions. They do form little "wires" that move current from one place to another as you can demonstrate for yourself with an ordinary plasma ball.

The mainstream uses weird euphemisms to describe Birkeland currents. They call them "magnetic slinkies" and "dark matter filaments", but they're definitely there.

You may think I'm being pedantic, but I'm making the point that if you want to make a meaningful physical argument you need to be precise in your description, not vague and wooly.

Study provides evidence for externally powered Sun

How is that vague or wooly?

This is not news; the movement of charged particles in the vicinity of the sun is well documented - not least by the SOHO, Solar Max, & WIND satellites, and others.

It's not "news" because Birkeland both simulated it and predicted it over 100 years ago. What the mainsttream cannot do is simulate it in the lab based on "magnetic reconnection" models. :)

So if Birkeland is the best choice for EU/PC theory - why mention Alfven?

Birkeland got the solar theory right, but Alfven applied circuit theory to cosmology. Birkeland didn't even know at the time that other galaxies even existed.

OK, I've heard about these very temporary magnetic connections that guide the solar wind - they come and go over periods of minutes. Where does he mention these magnetic ropes in the book?

Pretty much everywhere it's using a "circuit". :) Start with coronal loops.

Perhaps because it's not easy to get the sun into the lab... what are you on about?

I'm "on about" the fact that Birkeland's model was easily able to produce things that the mainstream still cannot, starting with a full sphere sustained corona.

Yawn... I get that you think Birkeland was ahead of his time - but none of this looks relevant to your fantasy of a cosmic brain; the solar wind takes 2-4 days just to reach Earth (8 light minutes away) and isn't significant beyond the Heliopoause.

You've never demonstrated that "awareness" is limited to C, or that nature (ie entanglement) is limited to C.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
The EM field patterns change as we "thing" and "feel", so awareness is definitely and EM field related process.
The EM fields are epiphenomena of the membrane depolarizations that mediate neuronal signal propagation, in the same way as the sound of a car engine is an epiphenomenon of combustion and mechanical activity.

Thanks... oops! rather more misses (planets coalesce from positive particles emitted by the sun(!), space consists of ether, the sun is negatively charged) than hits (a guess at the transmutation of elements) - but pretty much as one might expect, given the knowledge of the time.

Even the mainstreams model is "wired together" in "dark matter filaments", with the galaxy clusters embedded in them.
The 'filaments' are gravitationally denser intergalactic patches, not 'wires'. They are still harder vacuums than anything we can achieve on Earth or even within the solar system; and if there was any electromagnetic interaction we'd see it - it wouldn't be 'dark matter'.

The mainstream uses weird euphemisms to describe Birkeland currents. They call them "magnetic slinkies" and "dark matter filaments", but they're definitely there.
Dark matter is called 'dark' because it doesn't have EM interactions, that's it distinguishing characteristic :doh:

Lol! - a nonsense paper (the "Universal concept of the Magnetic Structure of matter" - really?) published in a fake journal (ResearchGate Impact Ranking)... :doh:

OK, I've wasted enough time on this.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Thanks... oops! rather more misses (planets coalesce from positive particles emitted by the sun(!), space consists of ether, the sun is negatively charged) than hits (a guess at the transmutation of elements) - but pretty much as one might expect, given the knowledge of the time.

Even at the turn of the twentieth century, that like charges are not exactly known for "coalescing" wasn't news hot off of the presses.

It reads more like something written by Justatruthseeker.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
The EM fields are epiphenomena of the membrane depolarizations that mediate neuronal signal propagation, in the same way as the sound of a car engine is an epiphenomenon of combustion and mechanical activity.

Details. :)

Actually his knowledge of solar physics still exceeds that of "modern" astronomers. He built working models of his beliefs, whereas they could never even build a full sphere corona based on "magnetic reconnection", let alone sustain it indefinitely with their model.

The mainstream still can't explain their own two order of magnitude of order problem with their convection predictions.

I think Birkeland would be disgusted at the lack of progress since his death.

The 'filaments' are gravitationally denser intergalactic patches, not 'wires'.

But that's just it, they also act as "wires", and carry current to various locations. Even cosmic rays help to transfer current from one location to another.

They are still harder vacuums than anything we can achieve on Earth or even within the solar system; and if there was any electromagnetic interaction we'd see it - it wouldn't be 'dark matter'.

Which explains why they just found two different "halos" around our own galaxy withing just the past 5 years which contain more mass than all the stars combined. We're "finding" it all the time, in this case in the form of million degree plasma.

Dark matter is called 'dark' because it doesn't have EM interactions, that's it distinguishing characteristic :doh:

That's it's distinguishing "dogma" you mean. It has no laboratory "features" other than the fact it never shows up in any million or billion degree experiments. :)

And to think you whine about ORCH-OR while defending "dark" nonsense.

That "dark" claim also directly relates to their problem with failing to include ordinary inelastic scattering processes in plasma that 'naturally' produce photon redshift. It's all based on an emotional attachment to a magical form of matter.

Lol! - a nonsense paper (the "Universal concept of the Magnetic Structure of matter" - really?) published in a fake journal (ResearchGate Impact Ranking)... :doh:

OK, I've wasted enough time on this.

What a crock. You didn't spend *any* time on it. Not only can I hand you a *working* physical model that easily explains a half dozen important solar observations, I can explain the inbound current in terms of cosmic ray input. You've got nothing to counter those observations, so you attack the publication, and you utterly ignored the work.

I gotta tell you, this is exactly why we're currently stuck in the "dark ages" of astronomy. You'll blindly put your faith in 'invisible' forms of matter and energy while turning a blind eye to the energy that exists all around you in many forms. It's kinda sad really.

EU/PC theory has implications and makes predictions at every scale, from the scale of the solar system and beyond. Birkeland *correctly* predicted that 'space' had a positive charge with respect to the sun, and those cosmic rays demonstrate that he was correct. You're trying to ignore it, but the evidence is literally all around you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Even at the turn of the twentieth century, that like charges are not exactly known for "coalescing" wasn't news hot off of the presses.

It reads more like something written by Justatruthseeker.

Oh please. Even to this day the mainstream cannot generate a sustained full sphere corona based on 'magnetic reconnection', and they never will.

Birkeland and his team knew more about solar physics 100 years ago than the mainstream understands to this day. Most of their so called 'understanding' is based upon pure pseudoscience according to Alfven.

His double layer paper even makes the whole concept of magnetic reconnection irrelevant and obsolete.

The mainstream has literally been reduced to placeholder terms for human ignorance, and obsolete pseudoscience.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Birkeland and his team knew more about solar physics 100 years ago than the mainstream understands to this day.

Then its a pity that school boy level electrostatics appears to have failed him - big time.

Upvote 0