Where did Intelligence begin, in matter or fundamental energy?

The first Intelligence began in.....

• Carbon based life less than 5 billion years ago, on earth.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Carbon based life in outer space.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Fundamental or nearly fundamental energy.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • This is a new question that I am only now facing.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • This question is flawed.... God had no beginning.

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Predictably, you become insulting when your obsession is exposed as nonsense.

I'm not really trying to be insulting. I'm sorry if that's how it comes across. I'm just amazed at how resistant you are to the idea adding ordinary electric fields and current when describing events in space, yet you are "open minded" toward "unseen" (in the lab) forms of mass and energy. It's just not even logical from my perspective, particularly since you apply a very "empirical" standard in other areas of debate.

It's not as though space has to necessarily be "aware", even if it's electrical in nature. It should therefore be no real skin off your nose if there's current flowing through it or not. Birkeland even built *working* models of his ideas. I don't really know what more you could ask for, and apparently you don't apply the same standards to other topics. I just find your cosmological views to be rather illogical, inconsistent with your empirical preferences is other areas of "science", and generally not in 'character' for you.

EU/PC theory is entirely consistent with the technology that works in your computer and works in your cell phone, whereas LCDM is not. LCDM is based entirely upon the use of placeholder terms for human ignorance and five percent "pseudoscience" according to the person that originally wrote MHD theory. There's nothing empirically useful about it.

I don't know were we go from here because you have a resistance to the electrical aspects of the cosmology debate, not just the concept of Panentheism. Your resistance to Panentheism is understandable, but your resistance to the EU aspects really aren't logical at all.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian

Dr. Donald Scott explains how Birkeland currents play a role in planetary physics, and the role of electric fields in space.

There are literally *numerous* lines of evidence that support electric fields in space, yet you seem unwilling to entertain any of them.

On the other hand, the whole concept of "dark energy" is based upon the "assumption" that no amount of inelastic scattering occurs to photons that reach Earth. That's not even a logical premise because it's not consistent with what we observe in the lab, where photons do in fact lose momentum to the medium.

• Informative
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,329.00
Faith
Atheist
I'm not really trying to be insulting. I'm sorry if that's how it comes across.
If you don't want to be insulting don't use insulting language. It's not like it's the first time...

I'm just amazed at how resistant you are to the idea adding ordinary electric fields and current when describing events in space...
I'm not resistant to the idea of electric fields or currents in space, only to far-fetched claims unsupported by the evidence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
If you don't want to be insulting don't use insulting language. It's not like it's the first time...

Maybe, but you do seem to be applying two different standards of evidence.

I'm not resistant to the idea of electric fields or currents in space, only to far-fetched claims unsupported by the evidence.

What type of evidence would you even accept?

Birkeland's solar model works in the lab, and we know for a fact it's bombarded with mostly positively charged "cosmic rays" on a constant basis. We see links 'filaments' on every scale imaginable.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
And yet, Donald Scott doesn't have a clue about what a real Birkeland Current is anyway!

It's clear that you're projecting again. It's the mainstream that doesn't have a clue what Birkeland current is when they see one. That's why they erroneously call a Birkeland current everything from a 'magnetic slinky' to "Steve", and they call a million degree plasma a "hot gas".

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Intelligence begins when one recognizes there is no verifiable evidence that explains why the big bang occurred.

True.... it might have been much more so a Big Flash of light.......

Genesis 1:3

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Dr. Donald Scott explains how Birkeland currents play a role in planetary physics, and the role of electric fields in space.

There are literally *numerous* lines of evidence that support electric fields in space, yet you seem unwilling to entertain any of them.

On the other hand, the whole concept of "dark energy" is based upon the "assumption" that no amount of inelastic scattering occurs to photons that reach Earth. That's not even a logical premise because it's not consistent with what we observe in the lab, where photons do in fact lose momentum to the medium.

What do you personally think of Energy from Quantum Vacuum as a green energy of the future?

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
What do you personally think of Energy from Quantum Vacuum as a green energy of the future?

I think that tapping into the electric currents that continuously flow past our planet is the "green energy" of the future. We could probably just put up a gigantic tether in space and beam the energy back to the Earth. Tapping into the electrical side of solar energy the future of green energy IMO.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think that tapping into the electric currents that continuously flow past our planet is the "green energy" of the future. We could probably just put up a gigantic tether in space and beam the energy back to the Earth. Tapping into the electrical side of solar energy the future of green energy IMO.

Yes..... energy from quantum vacuum has amazing potential......
I guess that is not exactly the same thing though as "the electrical side of solar energy" though is it?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think that I will add somebody's video to this topic.... let him know... .because he just joined the forum and his being a former Atheist may mean that this discussion could perhaps be very useful to him later on.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,872.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."
And though this meant, in theory, that one could see an awfully long way, some people still couldn't see past the end of their noses.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi dennis,

Intelligence, that is the ability for a being to think and reason, has existed for all eternity with God. Just as with God Himself, there is no end or beginning to His existence. In this realm, intelligence began within six days of its beginning and the cause of its beginning is God.

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted

Good answer MiamiTed.....
Yes... I believe that God actually invented time itself.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,329.00
Faith
Atheist
Unfortunately it's not usable (free) energy, as it's in thermodynamic equilibrium; i.e. there is no energy gradient to take advantage of.

It just so happens that PBS Space Time has just produced a video on this very topic:

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Unfortunately it's not usable (free) energy, as it's in thermodynamic equilibrium; i.e. there is no energy gradient to take advantage of.

It just so happens that PBS Space Time has just produced a video on this very topic:

Thank you for that video......
but I did read a case several years ago that the Stanley Meyer Hydrogen fuel cell vehicle may have been tapping into Energy from Quantum Vacuum, by being able to get about one hundred miles per gallon on tap water............ and the same amount of water was released back into the environment as exhaust of steam..........
The theory was so well written that I personally was in no position to dogmatically rule out this idea and frankly......
I tend to think that this theory is the best one on the Stanley Meyer technology that I had read so far.......

A powdery substance added to H2O could stop Stanley Meyer fuel cell from working?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

but I did read a case several years ago that the Stanley Meyer Hydrogen fuel cell vehicle may have been tapping into Energy from Quantum Vacuum, by being able to get about one hundred miles per gallon on tap water............ and the same amount of water was released back into the environment as exhaust of steam..........
The theory was so well written that I personally was in no position to dogmatically rule out this idea and frankly......
I tend to think that this theory is the best one on the Stanley Meyer technology that I had read so far.......

A powdery substance added to H2O could stop Stanley Meyer fuel cell from working?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

(oops... I just posted a duplicate).........

Anyway.....
I do believe the prediction that I heard from several sources that we are entering an Energy Revolution which will transform the American and world economy...

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,329.00
Faith
Atheist

From the claims I've seen, the 'fuel cell' (it wasn't really a fuel cell) was just a fraud. Humid air can marginally improve combustion performance, but you can't run a car engine on water, and you can't use zero point energy to do useful work.

These frauds play on wishful thinking, greed, gullibility, and ignorance. You hook investors in with technobabble, expansive claims, and impressive demos, then string them along as long as you can, continually pumping them for more investment. By the time they start having doubts, they're trapped by the sunk-cost fallacy, fear of embarrassment, groupthink, and a variety of other cognitive biases. It can be very effective, done well.

There are several frauds of this type going on in the cold-fusion & free-energy domains.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,329.00
Faith
Atheist
(oops... I just posted a duplicate).........

Anyway.....
I do believe the prediction that I heard from several sources that we are entering an Energy Revolution which will transform the American and world economy...
It would be nice if hot fusion finally came good, but it doesn't look particularly close yet (always 20-50 years away). Renewables are improving fast, and new battery technology can help them; and there are several very promising scalable fission designs in the pipeline.

• Informative
Upvote 0