• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Water canopy check, and mate!

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by dad, May 23, 2005.

1. Hydra009

Hydra009 bel esprit

+333
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Seriously? :cry:

2. Manic Depressive Mouse

Manic Depressive Mouse Member

+14
    Christian
    Dad is truely amazing. He has nothing to back up anything he says. Not science, not scripture not even common sense or logic. All he has are his insane ramblings. I'm really starting to think he's a few cards short of a deck.

3. Valkhorn

Valkhorn the Antifloccinaucinihilipili ficationist

+172
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Maybe dad's a hoax?

4. dad

dad On the winning side

+1,151
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    The bible talks of a spirit world, and how things will be very different. It talks about a lot of things more exciting than physical only. Notice noone has mounted a biblical challenge, there is a reason, they haven't a leg to stsnd on if they did! I have tried to take it easy on using the bible, because many posters on this forum are atheistic. But you can be sure I am more than able to defend any ideas I may have with it, as much as the next guy.

5. dad

dad On the winning side

+1,151
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Oh, I can perceive the spirit world, so you are wrong.

6. Battie

Battie Veteran

+151
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Dad, since you're here, I'm wondering why you didn't answer my post #37 (page 2). You were dismissing as paganistic the very thing you were promoting. Why?

7. dad

dad On the winning side

+1,151
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    I am happy to be able to inform you you have totally missed the point. The thing in this thread that is being looked at as gradual is the split, not how fast some left a garden! The split refers to a seperation of the physical and spiritual universes. We were left in a physical only one. The question here is how long a period did this take? See? Just like the sin of eating the fruit was to result in Adam's death, but it still took almost a thousand years to fully come to pass!!
    It's not, but there is enough indications to make a good case for it. Unlike the supposed first lifeform-where is this in the bible? Or the universe contained in a hot speck sized soup?
    The bible does tell us of spirits, however, and how the sun will last forever, which necessitates a change in present processes. They say it would burn out eventually, as it now works. Us living forever as well, is impossible in a physical only universe. Yes there is a veritable plethora of good biblical indications!
    I'll take this as something you thought before I cleared up your misunderstanding, and not as ignorant rudeness.
    See above answer.
    Ha. Thanks for the silly laugh. It is certainly not the seperation I am talking about.
    Newsflash: Compared to the whole universe, the garden of Eden was mickey mouse in size! Nice, yes, as was the nude woman and man He put in there to till it!
    No problem. I guess you never read some of the other threads where this concept was fleshed out more, so it seems big to you now. But it all fits so well, it sends a chill up the back of ones neck.

8. dad

dad On the winning side

+1,151
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    "Yes, I'm talking about your water canopy. The only reason anyone thinks that's plausible is that they misinterpret the cosmology of the ancient Hebrews.

The graphic I showed you is the only support for your idea, and you yourself dismissed it as "paganistic hodgepodge."

Well, I never saw it before, so how would I consider it the 'only support' for my idea? What exactly about it is so special?

9. dad

dad On the winning side

+1,151
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    ... Or you having anything to say!

10. dad

dad On the winning side

+1,151
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Not if you believe in a spirit world, and a God. If not, well then, it's understandable that the physical only boundries would seem like the end of the world. Like the old flat earthers who were afraid to go too far, in case they fell off!!

11. Battie

Battie Veteran

+151
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    It is special because this mythological element is where the water canopy idea comes from. Do you think it has any validity? If not, why isn't your argument also "paganistic hodgepodge?"

12. dad

dad On the winning side

+1,151
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Ha. Glad it stuck with you. Don't forget about the thousands of miles thick layer of precious stones, under the surface as well, that I conjectured about! By the way, the giant crystal bit was from recent science! I simply was looking to see if this crystal could have been cool material, and still fill the density requirements etc.
    This world is eternal, and more wonderful than you can now know.

13. dad

dad On the winning side

+1,151
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Really? What makes you think it comes only from there? Now as to why my arguement is not what you said, I'm not a pagan. So any hodgepodge I may come up with can't be the paganistic variety! Think about it, the spirit/physical laws in effect till the flood, would make it a piece of cake for a water canopy of any size.
    For example under those laws, what is actually more dense, probably not the same things that would be in the box? Gravity? Who knows, probably different as well. Sun's heat? We already know that when the spirit world comes later we won't need the light or heat of the sun, so it too would be quite different! And that's just a few things we know about.

14. Battie

Battie Veteran

+151
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    In summary,
    If pagans/ancient Hebrews think it up: It's WRONG.
    If Dad thinks it up: It's RIGHT.

But we're talking about the exact same thing. Why does this just not work...?

15. Illuminatus

Illuminatus Draft the chickenhawks

+345
    Atheist
    Private
    Now, now. Many people have refuted the water canopy concept. You somehow expect us, though, to accept your theory that any inconsistencies in your pseudo-scientific model can reasonably be explained away by "Oh, but the laws of physics then aren't the laws of physics now." Might as well say that the African god Bumba sneezed out the present physical configuration of the universe.

16. dad

dad On the winning side

+1,151
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Of course, all that means is that we know the present physical only world could not have been in place, or (it seems) there could not have been one. It is a clue. One piece in the puzzle! No one has refuted this canopy concept. Just because modern science has been around for a few hundred years doesn't mean things always have been as they found it, or will be! Their observations are necessarily limited. Then, to try to superimpose these present realities to an unknown past is pure conjecture! Especially when we have documented evidence it is otherwise!

17. dad

dad On the winning side

+1,151
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Your picture was like a fairy tale to me. Didn't it have the sun somewhere else, and some kind of solid covering around the earth? There are several interpretations of what this firmament business means. Yours is only one.

18. Numenor

Numenor Veteran

+41
    Protestant
    Private
    UK-Conservative
    And that's that. dad now admits that he has no "physical box only" scientific evidence and nor does he have any scriptural evidence for this rubbish. He only has his own nonsensical daydreaming to substantiate this rot.

Thank you dad for finally admitting it, now kindly click here.

19. BeamMeUpScotty

BeamMeUpScotty Senior Veteran

+157
    Atheist
    US-Others
    (emphasis mine)

Could you provide the peer-reviewed journal this research appears in, or even just the documentation you talk about (something tells me it's not in a journal)?

20. DJ_Ghost

DJ_Ghost Trad Goth

+150
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Hardly check let alone mate. Your idea is premised on “if this is true I win the argument” and has neither scientific or biblical support. I’ve seen some desperate tactics in my time but this has to be the funniest.

Ghost