• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Water canopy check, and mate!

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by dad, May 23, 2005.

1. dad

dad Undefeated! Supporter

+1,186
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    I have thought that when the new heavens are revealed, that the physical only universe will cease to exist, as it will be a complete spiritual/physical universe then. Of course the laws of physics, and gravity will not apply as they now do. I also suspect the bible indicates such a state existed before in our early history, but the two had to be seperated, probably as a result of the fall.

I have speculated that this split was fast, maybe instant, probably at the time of the fall of man. That is still what I think.
    However, thinking about a water canopy of some kind, enough to really cause a flood, has led to a new possibility! I think it is pretty well known, and accepted, really, that such a canopy would be impossible, due to the great heat, and other things the laws of physics simply prohibit.
    How about this, then. The split was not instant, but perhaps never really was completed till during the flood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This makes it entirely possible, as the merged laws were different. Presto- all arguements hitherto used against a canopy no longer valid!!! I like that. With science, then being neutered, this leaves only objections of a biblical nature to be a possible theory killer here.(?) But that's not going to happen, I am almost positive! So, evos, check, and MATE!!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. David Gould

David Gould Pearl Harbor sucked. WinAce didn't.

+487
    Atheist
    AU-Labor
    Yawn.

3. ImmortalTechnique

ImmortalTechnique Senior Veteran

+390
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    he's gotta be pretending, right? this guy isn't for real?

4. 235U92

235U92 Member

+4
    Agnostic
    Single
    Congratulations! You're right back where you started before you posted this.

5. ImmortalTechnique

ImmortalTechnique Senior Veteran

+390
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    i guess we could ask him to present some evidence that the physical laws ever changed... that would be expecting too much, wouldn't it...

6. Hydra009

Hydra009 bel esprit

+333
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    You realize, of course, that these "pre-Fall physics" aren't scientifically based in the slightest and can conceivably by used to explain any bizarre occurance YECists posit prior to the Fall. This is not so much check and mate, as an unscientific claim and an implicit admission of the physical impossibility of the Vapor canopy model.

7. Praxiteles

Praxiteles PraxAce

+268
    Agnostic
    So many words, so many words... so little meaning.

Dad, you've just littered the forum. I'm hitting you with an on the spot fine for textual litter. $20, payable to Erwin, along with a written apology.

8. mikeynov

mikeynov Senior Veteran

+112
    Atheist
    You think your thought experiments are a falsification of evolutionary theory? lol

9. 235U92

235U92 Member

+4
    Agnostic
    Single
    Doesn't this forum have a trashcan?

10. Douglaangu v2.0

Douglaangu v2.0 Senior Member

+30
    Atheist
    So lemme get this straight.

You're explaination of how a water/vapour canopy containing enough water to flood the earth, could exist without the harmful side effects is basicly divine intevention.
    Doesn't this really negate the need for a canopy anyway? Since god could just magic the water into existance?

By the way, do you have any math or evidence to back up your idea?

11. Grengor

Grengor GrenAce

+50
    Deist
    US-Republican
    So a possible explanation that's just speculation puts us "Evos" in check mate? Hmmm, he's right! He's completely disproven Evolution with that! Not....

12. dad

+1,186
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Yes, physically impossible, which is why it almost makes sense to realize that all along, when it happened, we were missing the mark! Our present pitiful measurig sticks are riddiculously inadequate!
    By the way, I like the sound of your little phrase "pre-Fall physics" . They are scientifically based, but your science is so far behind the eight ball, it isn't funny. The spiritual/physical is the eternal reality wheras this snippet of physical only/time-bound plane is but a vapor, that appears, then is gone, to be seen no more.

13. dad

+1,186
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

14. Battie

Battie Veteran

+151
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Dad, you mean something like this?: http://www.aarweb.org/syllabus/syllabi/g/gier/306/OTcosmos.jpg

This is a pre-scientific cosmology. Do you also want us to believe that the sun, moon, and stars used to hang right above the globe and then suddenly were blown out into space and expanded exponentially so that we could still see them sometime during that flood?

15. MuAndNu

MuAndNu Practical Atheist

+21
    Agnostic
    US-Republican
    Well, I'm convinced. Lemmee blow the dust off my Bible and see if I can find a church that'll take me.

16. Douglaangu v2.0

Douglaangu v2.0 Senior Member

+30
    Atheist
    Do share then, I wish to learn about these developments you've made.
    The math behind them if possible.

17. Pete Harcoff

Pete Harcoff PeteAce - In memory of WinAce

+64
    Other Religion
    Creationists do more harm to creationism than evolutionists ever could.

18. dad

+1,186
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

19. dad

+1,186
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Well, thank you. I don't go to church myself, but if you feel it is your bag, then enjoy.

20. Hydra009

Hydra009 bel esprit

+333
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Don't you think the fact that it is a physical impossibility is a pretty good clue that it didn't happen? D'oh!

Oh nooes!1

If you can back it up with anything other than your assertion, then do so. As it stands right now, your claim has no credibility other than simply taking your word for it.