Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have thought that when the new heavens are revealed, that the physical only universe will cease to exist, as it will be a complete spiritual/physical universe then. Of course the laws of physics, and gravity will not apply as they now do. I also suspect the bible indicates such a state existed before in our early history, but the two had to be seperated, probably as a result of the fall.

I have speculated that this split was fast, maybe instant, probably at the time of the fall of man. That is still what I think.
However, thinking about a water canopy of some kind, enough to really cause a flood, has led to a new possibility! I think it is pretty well known, and accepted, really, that such a canopy would be impossible, due to the great heat, and other things the laws of physics simply prohibit.
How about this, then. The split was not instant, but perhaps never really was completed till during the flood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This makes it entirely possible, as the merged laws were different. Presto- all arguements hitherto used against a canopy no longer valid!!! I like that. With science, then being neutered, this leaves only objections of a biblical nature to be a possible theory killer here.(?) But that's not going to happen, I am almost positive! So, evos, check, and MATE!!

David Gould

Pearl Harbor sucked. WinAce didn't.
May 28, 2002
Canberra, Australia
Visit site
✟29,118.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
AU-Labor
dad said:
I have thought that when the new heavens are revealed, that the physical only universe will cease to exist, as it will be a complete spiritual/physical universe then. Of course the laws of physicas, and gravity will not apply as they now do. I also suspect the bible indicates such a state existed before in our early history, but the two had to be seperated, probably as a result of the fall.

I have speculated that this split was fast, maybe instant, probably at the time of the fall of man. That is still what I think.
However, thinking about a water canopy of some kind, enough to really cause a flood, has led to a new possibility! I think it is pretty well known, and accepted, really, that such a canopy would be impossible, due to the great heat, and other things the laws of physics simply prohibit.
How about this, then. The split was not instant, but perhaps never really was completed till during the flood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This makes it entirely possible, as the merged laws were different. Presto- all arguements hitherto used against a canopy no longer valid!!! I like that. With science, then being neutered, this leaves only objections of a biblical nature to be a possible theory killer here.(?) But that's not going to happen, I am almost positive! So, evos, check, and MATE!!

Yawn.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
dad said:
I have thought that when the new heavens are revealed, that the physical only universe will cease to exist, as it will be a complete spiritual/physical universe then. Of course the laws of physics, and gravity will not apply as they now do. I also suspect the bible indicates such a state existed before in our early history, but the two had to be seperated, probably as a result of the fall.
You realize, of course, that these "pre-Fall physics" aren't scientifically based in the slightest and can conceivably by used to explain any bizarre occurance YECists posit prior to the Fall. This is not so much check and mate, as an unscientific claim and an implicit admission of the physical impossibility of the Vapor canopy model.

Upvote 0
So many words, so many words... so little meaning.

Dad, you've just littered the forum. I'm hitting you with an on the spot fine for textual litter. $20, payable to Erwin, along with a written apology.

Upvote 0

mikeynov

Senior Veteran
Aug 28, 2004
✟2,746.00
Faith
Atheist
dad said:

You think your thought experiments are a falsification of evolutionary theory? lol

Upvote 0

Douglaangu v2.0

Oct 13, 2004
✟1,169.00
Faith
Atheist
So lemme get this straight.

You're explaination of how a water/vapour canopy containing enough water to flood the earth, could exist without the harmful side effects is basicly divine intevention.
Doesn't this really negate the need for a canopy anyway? Since god could just magic the water into existance?

By the way, do you have any math or evidence to back up your idea?

Reactions: ravenscape
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hydra009 said:
You realize, of course, that these "pre-Fall physics" aren't scientifically based in the slightest and can conceivably by used to explain any bizarre occurance YECists posit prior to the Fall. This is not so much check and mate, as an unscientific claim and an implicit admission of the physical impossibility of the Flood canopy model.
Yes, physically impossible, which is why it almost makes sense to realize that all along, when it happened, we were missing the mark! Our present pitiful measurig sticks are riddiculously inadequate!
By the way, I like the sound of your little phrase "pre-Fall physics" . They are scientifically based, but your science is so far behind the eight ball, it isn't funny. The spiritual/physical is the eternal reality wheras this snippet of physical only/time-bound plane is but a vapor, that appears, then is gone, to be seen no more.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Grengor said:
So a possible explanation that's just speculation puts us "Evos" in check mate? [ It puts old age physical only based box science in it's place! Only able to fume and stomp it's feet that it just can't see it] Hmmm, he's right! He's completely disproven Evolution with that! Not....

Upvote 0

Battie

Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Northern Virginia
Visit site
✟9,989.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Dad, you mean something like this?: http://www.aarweb.org/syllabus/syllabi/g/gier/306/OTcosmos.jpg

This is a pre-scientific cosmology. Do you also want us to believe that the sun, moon, and stars used to hang right above the globe and then suddenly were blown out into space and expanded exponentially so that we could still see them sometime during that flood?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douglaangu v2.0

Oct 13, 2004
✟1,169.00
Faith
Atheist
dad said:
Yes, physically impossible, which is why it almost makes sense to realize that all along, when it happened, we were missing the mark! Our present pitiful measurig sticks are riddiculously inadequate!
By the way, I like the sound of your little phrase "pre-Fall physics" . They are scientifically based, but your science is so far behind the eight ball, it isn't funny. The spiritual/physical is the eternal reality wheras this snippet of physical only/time-bound plane is but a vapor, that appears, then is gone, to be seen no more.

Do share then, I wish to learn about these developments you've made.
The math behind them if possible.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Douglaangu v2.0 said:
So lemme get this straight.

You're explaination of how a water/vapour canopy containing enough water to flood the earth, could exist without the harmful side effects is basicly divine intevention. [Devine intervention created the world, and the universe. The normal stste of affairs is, and will be the eternal spiritual/physical one. Because we now are in a temporary physical only state, that can't be used to determine how it worked before the split.]
Doesn't this really negate the need for a canopy anyway? Since god could just magic the water into existance? [No. There is not so much a 'need' for it, as a recognition that the fountains of the heavens were opened. All we have to do, is try and figure out, with our limited knowledge how it happened, and actually we really just need to take it by faith. The figuring out bit, is only to stop those trying to teach children there is no God, and their science 'proves' it. ]

By the way, do you have any math or evidence to back up your idea?
[One bit that comes to mind as a possible indication I may be on the right track, is how God used to walk and talk directly to men in a way that was lessened over time, it seems. He walked in the garden, and talked to Adam. He gave directions directly to Noah how to build the boat, etc. While He still speaks today, I havn't heard really of Him walking on earth chatting with too many? Also, for the math, it checks out with the department of weights and measures-the bible, and it's numbers of years.]

Upvote 0

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
dad said:
Don't you think the fact that it is a physical impossibility is a pretty good clue that it didn't happen? D'oh!

By the way, I like the sound of your little phrase "pre-Fall physics".
Oh nooes!1

They are scientifically based, but your science is so far behind the eight ball, it isn't funny.
If you can back it up with anything other than your assertion, then do so. As it stands right now, your claim has no credibility other than simply taking your word for it.

Upvote 0