• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Water canopy check, and mate!

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by dad, May 23, 2005.

1. dad

dad On the winning side Supporter

+1,179
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

2. Freodin

Freodin Devout believer in a theologically different God

+2,673
    Atheist
    Summary of dad´s position:

I am right. What I say might be impossible, but this problem can be solved by assuming that everyone else is wrong.

3. Jet Black

Jet Black Guest

+0
    This thread contains arrogance.

4. Douglaangu v2.0

Douglaangu v2.0 Senior Member

+30
    Atheist
    Here we go again.

No, I get your point. That you don't have to provide any testable evidence of your 'theory' and you're making excuses.

I did. I gave it some thought.
    And I still think its an utterly stupid idea, without anything going for it besides your opinion.

So what are the properties of spiritual particals? Are they waves as well?
    What formulas can you use to calculate their kenetic energy?

So you accept that your idea has its basis only in your faith?

So are you a fairy or a dwarf? Or perhaps even a troll?

And yet you don't refute my point.
    Does this mean you admit that you're unwilling to change your interpretation of the bible even though you have admited it could be wrong?

And your evidence of this is that they cause problems with your interpretation of scripture.
    Fantastic.

Yet again, you've missed the mark.
    I'm talking about the anyone Christian or Jewish who disagree with your interpretation.
    Unless you're going to claim that because they don't share your interpretation they're not 'spirtually sighted'.

5. Numenor

Numenor Veteran

+41
    Protestant
    Private
    UK-Conservative
    Well this is most revealing. dad is basically a loose cannon who has either been asked to leave whatever church he's been a member of because of this nonsense bouncing around his head or he can't find a church in his area which holds the same wacky creation views as him.

6. Numenor

Numenor Veteran

+41
    Protestant
    Private
    UK-Conservative
    What utter effluent, you have no church because nobody in their right mind would want themselves expose to the open sewer which is your thought processes.

The 'split' (I presume that's your synonym for the Fall) was instantaneous, not gradual. As soon as Adam and Eve sinned they were expelled from Eden. They weren't allowed to loiter for a while which would have been the case if it was a gradual expulsion which is what you are saying, they weren't allowed to go back in and collect any belongings.

Stop murdering the word of God, you have no scientific nor biblical basis for this babbling, and just like a babbling brook you never shut up. Come back when you have something with scientific and scriptural support.

7. Nathan Poe

Nathan Poe Well-Known Member

+1,582
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    Alternate summary of dad's position:

Goddidit.

8. Manic Depressive Mouse

Manic Depressive Mouse Member

+14
    Christian
    So in other words:

"I just make this stuff up as a go along, and none of it makes any sense and none of it has any evidence and I even go against the Bible if it so takes my fancy. I'm right you're wrong. Get out of your box of logic and live in my lunacy land!!1111!!! one one"

:amen:

9. Nathan Poe

+1,582
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    dad, you do realize that absolutely none of this twaddle has any meaning whatsoever in a science discussion.

You insist that "Goddidit," and will make up any excuse necessary to prove that "Goddidit." Since God can do anything, whatever you say can be right.

Nobody can disprove it, any more than they can disprove that God made the universe out of strawberry custard.

If you're just going to make stuff up as you go along, why bother researching anything?

I leave you to your delusions... which is reason enough for leaving.

10. dad

+1,179
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

11. dad

+1,179
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Oh yes it does, despite some not being able to perceive it.

12. theFijian

theFijian Well-Known Member Supporter

+448
    Calvinist
    Married
    The irony is that dad isn't even using theBible to back up his 'Goddidit', he's just making everything up!

13. And-U-Say

And-U-Say Veteran

+142
    United States
    Atheist
    Divorced
    I am more convinced than ever. Dad is a troll, nothing more, nothing less. Nobody could really be this stupid. I imagine that he is laughing at our attempts to correct the insanity he has crafted.

14. Nathan Poe

+1,582
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    "Some" including yourself.

You're in the wrong forum, Creative Writing's down the hall and to the right.

15. Numenor

Numenor Veteran

+41
    Protestant
    Private
    UK-Conservative
    Genesis chapter 3, That's how I know. Let me give you a rundown as you are obviously unfamiliar with it:

* Eve is tempted by the serpent
    * she eats the fruit she was told not to
    * she then gives some to Adam who also eats it
    * their eyes are opened and they realise their nakedness and try to cover up, and also hide from God
    * God confronts them and expels them from the Garden

Nothing gradual about it.

Where is this in the Bible? Chapter and verse please...

Irrelevant, God's word clearly says he did not. You stop at nothing, even twisting the word of God to fit your egregious jabber and filling in the blanks with mindless nonsensical conjecture, to make your rantings sound plausible (which they don't).

It's not me waving it away, it's the Bible itself. Why are you setting yourself up against the word of God?

You clearly don't know the Genesis account of the Fall ('seperation timing' if we must use your bizarre synonyms). The 'seperation' was when Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden, that's what it's got to do with it.

I'm not interested with how you see it, what about how God and the Bible sees it. Back this up from scripture please, if you are spouting all this rubbish in the name of God at least use his word to back up what you say.

I see! So the garden that God especially created for Adam and Eve was in your eyes 'mickey mouse', you really do hold God's handiwork in contempt don't you. Do you think God is pleased about that?

This one brought a tear to my eye, it truly did.

The irony is dad that I'm asking you to fit your theories into the spiritual, ie the bible, and it's clear that they do not. Or at least you have some work to catch up on before they do.

16. Illuminatus

Illuminatus Draft the chickenhawks

+345
    Atheist
    Private
    Wow. This is even more ridiculous than the time dad tried to convince the Physical Sciences forum that the Earth's core was a giant magnetic crystal, surrounded by a mantle of liquid gold.

17. Blackmarch

Blackmarch Legend

+287
    Mormon
    Single
    Well the only time/potential for such was with the first couple of instants with the big bang (again those conjectures seeemed to be more conjecture than theory).

18. Illuminatus

Illuminatus Draft the chickenhawks

+345
    Atheist
    Private
    I'm not sure which would be more pathetic, dad actually being this touched in the head, or dad being a troll who is dedicated enough to stick around for over 1300 posts...

19. Dennis Moore

Dennis Moore Redistributor of wealth

+61
    Humanist
    Married
    Holy bejeezus. I've had a horrible weekend, and needed a good laugh. Thanks, dad! ^_^

20. LifeToTheFullest!

LifeToTheFullest! Well-Known Member

+139
    Agnostic
    This is exactly why I have stopped visiting and posting here.

The very next thing I am doing will be to delete CF-crevo page from my favorites list.

Good bye all.