Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Douglaangu v2.0 said:
Hold still, you're dodging again. [Perhaps you're missing the point again?]

More to the point, there's no way to falsify your ideas. [I accept your white flag]
The moment something 'supernatural' is revealed to be a normal process or whatever, you can just claim there's still more, or we don't know enough or somesuch excuse. [ You guys can learn]

I thought that you couldnt prove god, [Er, sorry, what it is is that they cannot prove God! You need to receive, not reject Him first] and that you had to accept his existance on faith alone? [ If any man come to Him, He will make Himself known] Or is that just an 'interpretation'?

I'm not talking about 'needing' the heat.
I'm talking about the massive amount of energy that would be released when particals moving at an infinite speed impact. [Physical particles of course you mean. Think about it]
Unless of course you're going to say it doesn't matter, and we'll all live in a magicworld without consequences and without evidence or justification or basis in reality. [Pretty much, compared to the death, sorrow, sickness, sadness, and utterly limited old physical world we now live in]
A fantasty land if you will. [Compared to realities of the box, a magical world, of course. Different enough to be called that by the boxonlyians]

I gottacha.

Everything you've been talking about is you trying to rationalise the inconsistances that the your biblical interpretation has with reality. [reality of the Godless, spririt blind, detection challenged, box]
"The earth is 6000 years old, but there are stars more and 6000 light years away, therefore lightspeed must have been infinite before the 'split"
"My biblical endtimes fantasy violates known laws of physics therefore the laws must be wrong and ignorable" [No, they are right for our temporary prison of time, and physiacl only universe! They are dead wrong when tried to be applied beyond the box]

You STILL didn't answer the question.
Why is your interpretation of the layout of the universe as detailed in the bible, correct when others are not?Hell, I'll even rephrase it for you.

Why is your interpretation of the bibles description of the universe correct, when others are not? [If you mean others who do not believe it is a special, spiritual, book deliverered from the 'other side'- then it matters not much. Besides, it is alive, and when He turns the key to unlock the hidden mysteries, who cares who never used to understand it?]

Upvote 0

Douglaangu v2.0

Oct 13, 2004
✟1,169.00
Faith
Atheist
Here we go again.

Perhaps you're missing the point again?
No, I get your point. That you don't have to provide any testable evidence of your 'theory' and you're making excuses.

Physical particles of course you mean. Think about it

I did. I gave it some thought.
And I still think its an utterly stupid idea, without anything going for it besides your opinion.

So what are the properties of spiritual particals? Are they waves as well?
What formulas can you use to calculate their kenetic energy?

Pretty much, compared to the death, sorrow, sickness, sadness, and utterly limited old physical world we now live in

So you accept that your idea has its basis only in your faith?

Compared to realities of the box, a magical world, of course. Different enough to be called that by the boxonlyians

So are you a fairy or a dwarf? Or perhaps even a troll?

reality of the Godless, spririt blind, detection challenged, box

And yet you don't refute my point.
Does this mean you admit that you're unwilling to change your interpretation of the bible even though you have admited it could be wrong?

No, they are right for our temporary prison of time, and physiacl only universe! They are dead wrong when tried to be applied beyond the box
And your evidence of this is that they cause problems with your interpretation of scripture.
Fantastic.

If you mean others who do not believe it is a special, spiritual, book deliverered from the 'other side'- then it matters not much. Besides, it is alive, and when He turns the key to unlock the hidden mysteries, who cares who never used to understand it?

Yet again, you've missed the mark.
I'm talking about the anyone Christian or Jewish who disagree with your interpretation.
Unless you're going to claim that because they don't share your interpretation they're not 'spirtually sighted'.

Upvote 0

Numenor

Veteran
Dec 26, 2004
The United Kingdom
Visit site
✟1,894.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
dad said:
Well, thank you. I don't go to church myself, but if you feel it is your bag, then enjoy.

Well this is most revealing. dad is basically a loose cannon who has either been asked to leave whatever church he's been a member of because of this nonsense bouncing around his head or he can't find a church in his area which holds the same wacky creation views as him.

Upvote 0

Numenor

Veteran
Dec 26, 2004
The United Kingdom
Visit site
✟1,894.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
dad said:
Excellent. I'm glad some people are paying attention. Under this new idea in this thread, we have the split taking time to completely split. Kind of a slow burn. In other words, it now would not have split until the flood time. Perhaps some things were affected right away, others took more time?

What utter effluent, you have no church because nobody in their right mind would want themselves expose to the open sewer which is your thought processes.

The 'split' (I presume that's your synonym for the Fall) was instantaneous, not gradual. As soon as Adam and Eve sinned they were expelled from Eden. They weren't allowed to loiter for a while which would have been the case if it was a gradual expulsion which is what you are saying, they weren't allowed to go back in and collect any belongings.

Stop murdering the word of God, you have no scientific nor biblical basis for this babbling, and just like a babbling brook you never shut up. Come back when you have something with scientific and scriptural support.

Upvote 0

Manic Depressive Mouse

Dec 1, 2004
✟15,539.00
Faith
Christian
Excellent. I'm glad some people are paying attention. Under this new idea in this thread, we have the split taking time to completely split. Kind of a slow burn. In other words, it now would not have split until the flood time. Perhaps some things were affected right away, others took more time

So in other words:

"I just make this stuff up as a go along, and none of it makes any sense and none of it has any evidence and I even go against the Bible if it so takes my fancy. I'm right you're wrong. Get out of your box of logic and live in my lunacy land!!1111!!! one one"

:amen:

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
dad said:
Hold still, you're dodging again. [Perhaps you're missing the point again?]

More to the point, there's no way to falsify your ideas. [I accept your white flag]
The moment something 'supernatural' is revealed to be a normal process or whatever, you can just claim there's still more, or we don't know enough or somesuch excuse. [ You guys can learn]

I thought that you couldnt prove god, [Er, sorry, what it is is that they cannot prove God! You need to receive, not reject Him first] and that you had to accept his existance on faith alone? [ If any man come to Him, He will make Himself known] Or is that just an 'interpretation'?

I'm not talking about 'needing' the heat.
I'm talking about the massive amount of energy that would be released when particals moving at an infinite speed impact. [Physical particles of course you mean. Think about it]
Unless of course you're going to say it doesn't matter, and we'll all live in a magicworld without consequences and without evidence or justification or basis in reality. [Pretty much, compared to the death, sorrow, sickness, sadness, and utterly limited old physical world we now live in]
A fantasty land if you will. [Compared to realities of the box, a magical world, of course. Different enough to be called that by the boxonlyians]

I gottacha.

Everything you've been talking about is you trying to rationalise the inconsistances that the your biblical interpretation has with reality. [reality of the Godless, spririt blind, detection challenged, box]
"The earth is 6000 years old, but there are stars more and 6000 light years away, therefore lightspeed must have been infinite before the 'split"
"My biblical endtimes fantasy violates known laws of physics therefore the laws must be wrong and ignorable" [No, they are right for our temporary prison of time, and physiacl only universe! They are dead wrong when tried to be applied beyond the box]

You STILL didn't answer the question.
Why is your interpretation of the layout of the universe as detailed in the bible, correct when others are not?Hell, I'll even rephrase it for you.

Why is your interpretation of the bibles description of the universe correct, when others are not? [If you mean others who do not believe it is a special, spiritual, book deliverered from the 'other side'- then it matters not much. Besides, it is alive, and when He turns the key to unlock the hidden mysteries, who cares who never used to understand it?]

dad, you do realize that absolutely none of this twaddle has any meaning whatsoever in a science discussion.

You insist that "Goddidit," and will make up any excuse necessary to prove that "Goddidit." Since God can do anything, whatever you say can be right.

Nobody can disprove it, any more than they can disprove that God made the universe out of strawberry custard.

If you're just going to make stuff up as you go along, why bother researching anything?

I leave you to your delusions... which is reason enough for leaving.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Numenor said:
The 'split' (I presume that's your synonym for the Fall) was instantaneous, not gradual. As soon as Adam and Eve sinned they were expelled from Eden. [Oh really? How do you know? I thought it was somewhat later, as they made themselves a covering of fig leaves, and were hiding out in the bush. Besides the spiritual splitting from the physical was a result of the fall, in all liklihood, but but not the fall itself. All that was was our wrong choice, and listening to the voice of the lying devil. How long does it take. or did He take for the process? I don't know any more than you do, was it a second, a minute, a milleniem and a half? Why not take some time for the process? After all, look at men's lifespans! They gradually changed over time as well-why? Don't think you can wave it away that easy. ]
They weren't allowed to loiter for a while which would have been the case if it was a gradual expulsion which is what you are saying, [Whoa. What has where Adam and Eve lived got to do with God's seperation timing? No, the seperation of the spirit world from the physical was not by any means, as I see it, the expulsion. The spirit world, or universe is much bigger than some mickey mouse garden! It affected the stars, and our whole universe] they weren't allowed to go back in and collect any belongings.

Stop murdering the word of God, you have no scientific nor biblical basis for this babbling, [Hey, get a clue, before running off at the upper orrifice, palsy] and just like a babbling brook you never shut up. Come back when you have something with scientific and scriptural support. [Come back when all heaven, God, and the spirit universe fit in your silly prison of a physical only box? Sorry, they don't fit in there, and it's ganna be demolished anyhow]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Numenor

Veteran
Dec 26, 2004
The United Kingdom
Visit site
✟1,894.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
dad's inane babbling said:
Oh really? How do you know?

Genesis chapter 3, That's how I know. Let me give you a rundown as you are obviously unfamiliar with it:

* Eve is tempted by the serpent
* she eats the fruit she was told not to
* she then gives some to Adam who also eats it
* their eyes are opened and they realise their nakedness and try to cover up, and also hide from God
* God confronts them and expels them from the Garden

Nothing gradual about it.

dad rants on said:
Besides the spiritual splitting from the physical was a result of the fall, in all liklihood, but but not the fall itself.

Where is this in the Bible? Chapter and verse please...

more babbling from dad said:
Why not take some time for the process?

Irrelevant, God's word clearly says he did not. You stop at nothing, even twisting the word of God to fit your egregious jabber and filling in the blanks with mindless nonsensical conjecture, to make your rantings sound plausible (which they don't).

more from dad *yawn* said:
Don't think you can wave it away that easy

It's not me waving it away, it's the Bible itself. Why are you setting yourself up against the word of God?

unbelievable nonsense said:
Whoa. What has where Adam and Eve lived got to do with God's seperation timing?

You clearly don't know the Genesis account of the Fall ('seperation timing' if we must use your bizarre synonyms). The 'seperation' was when Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden, that's what it's got to do with it.

blah blah blah said:
No, the seperation of the spirit world from the physical was not by any means, as I see it, the expulsion.

I'm not interested with how you see it, what about how God and the Bible sees it. Back this up from scripture please, if you are spouting all this rubbish in the name of God at least use his word to back up what you say.

takes the biscuit said:
The spirit world, or universe is much bigger than some mickey mouse garden!

I see! So the garden that God especially created for Adam and Eve was in your eyes 'mickey mouse', you really do hold God's handiwork in contempt don't you. Do you think God is pleased about that?

hard to believe the irony said:
Hey, get a clue, before running off at the upper orrifice, palsy

This one brought a tear to my eye, it truly did.

more garbage said:
Come back when all heaven, God, and the spirit universe fit in your silly prison of a physical only box? Sorry, they don't fit in there, and it's ganna be demolished anyhow

The irony is dad that I'm asking you to fit your theories into the spiritual, ie the bible, and it's clear that they do not. Or at least you have some work to catch up on before they do.

Reactions: Illuminatus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blackmarch

Legend
Oct 23, 2004
Utah, USA
✟32,616.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
ImmortalTechnique said:
i guess we could ask him to present some evidence that the physical laws ever changed... that would be expecting too much, wouldn't it...
Well the only time/potential for such was with the first couple of instants with the big bang (again those conjectures seeemed to be more conjecture than theory).

Upvote 0

Illuminatus

Draft the chickenhawks
Nov 28, 2004
✟14,062.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And-U-Say said:
I am more convinced than ever. Dad is a troll, nothing more, nothing less. Nobody could really be this stupid. I imagine that he is laughing at our attempts to correct the insanity he has crafted.

I'm not sure which would be more pathetic, dad actually being this touched in the head, or dad being a troll who is dedicated enough to stick around for over 1300 posts...

Upvote 0

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
dad said:
I have thought that when the new heavens are revealed, that the physical only universe will cease to exist, as it will be a complete spiritual/physical universe then. Of course the laws of physics, and gravity will not apply as they now do. I also suspect the bible indicates such a state existed before in our early history, but the two had to be seperated, probably as a result of the fall.

I have speculated that this split was fast, maybe instant, probably at the time of the fall of man. That is still what I think.
However, thinking about a water canopy of some kind, enough to really cause a flood, has led to a new possibility! I think it is pretty well known, and accepted, really, that such a canopy would be impossible, due to the great heat, and other things the laws of physics simply prohibit.
How about this, then. The split was not instant, but perhaps never really was completed till during the flood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This makes it entirely possible, as the merged laws were different. Presto- all arguements hitherto used against a canopy no longer valid!!! I like that. With science, then being neutered, this leaves only objections of a biblical nature to be a possible theory killer here.(?) But that's not going to happen, I am almost positive! So, evos, check, and MATE!!

This is exactly why I have stopped visiting and posting here.

The very next thing I am doing will be to delete CF-crevo page from my favorites list.

Good bye all.

Upvote 0