• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Water canopy check, and mate!

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by dad, May 23, 2005.

1. dad

dad On the winning side Supporter

+1,179
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

2. Douglaangu v2.0

Douglaangu v2.0 Senior Member

+30
    Atheist
    So you cannot demonstrate that the image posted is not the correct interpretation?

God-O-Gaps is what happens when things previously though to be supernatural or supernatural in origin are demonstrated to have be natural or have natural orgins. Volacanos and tornadoes and eclipses etc.
    Which is exactly what you're proposing. Science cannot currently explain something, therefore it must be supernatural and can never be explained.

Known effects you say? Like what?

What are you talking about? Because of science we know why events previously thought to be supernatural occur. Seems like pretty good 'detection'.

3. dad

+1,179
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

4. dad

+1,179
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

5. Douglaangu v2.0

+30
    Atheist
    Don't be[font=&quot] [/font]facetious[font=&quot] [/font], what I meant was evidence that stands up to investigation.
    Which you have no provided, and I suspect you do not have.

So you're agreeing with me that the supernatual is only refered to as such because it is currently outside the realms of science?

I never said almost. I said 'no more stable'. Which means they are more unstable.
    You admited yourself that your interpretation could be wrong.

This had nothing to do with what I said.

So I'm guessing the implications of this 'infinite speed' are negated as well?
    (Isn't the heat from the sun caused by light emited from it impacting and releasing engery?)
    Again, speculation and posturing.
    "Wheres the beef?"

But that wasn't what I was talking about.
    Why is your interpretation of the layout of the universe as detailed in the bible, correct when others are not?
    Nothing to do with science.

6. Physics_guy

Physics_guy Well-Known Member

+56
    This is arguably the dumbest thread in existence. I think that the existence of "dad" is enough to negate any possibility of an Intelligent designer.

7. Douglaangu v2.0

+30
    Atheist
    I can accept that.
    But I do expect you to give some justification of why YOU are correct.

Nice handwaving, but it doesn't work.
    Can you say, with 100% certainty that the 'supernatural' will never be explained by physical means?

People once thought that epilepsy was caused by demons.
    IOW, it was thought to be supernatural. Now we know better, that it is the result of increased electrical activity in the brain 'arc' between hemispheres and causing a 'cascade'.
    This is an example of the 'supernatural' becoming natural.

Well done. Prove these and you'll get a cool million from James Randi.
    http://www.randi.org/research/

Then what do you suggest?

8. Douglaangu v2.0

+30
    Atheist
    I'm worried.

What if we approch an 'idiocy event horizon' from which there is no return?

9. dad

+1,179
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

10. dad

+1,179
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Glad you are seemingly somewhat baffled. I guess I'm like the 'spirit/physics guy'!

11. dad

+1,179
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Don't worry about it, I'm here for you! The horizons of the boz are history!

12. ImmortalTechnique

ImmortalTechnique Senior Veteran

+390
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    let me sum it up for everyone:

dad: AHA! my RANDOM GUESS MAKES PERFECT SENSE IF YOU SUSPEND ALL PHYSICAL LAWS!! HAHA THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN FOR THOSE EVIL EVOS!

everyone with a working brain: you're an idiot

dad: JESUS LOVES ME MORE THAN PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME

other christians: shut up, dad

dad: I AM INFALLABLE AND ONLY I CAN INTERPRET SCRIPTURE CORRECTLY AND I AM ABOVE THE COLLECTED WORKS OF ALL SCIENTISTS OF ALL TIME EVEN THE CHRISTIANS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE ALLMIGHT DAD

everyone else: time to move on... this thread is pointless and will not go anywhere

13. MuAndNu

MuAndNu Practical Atheist

+21
    Agnostic
    US-Republican
    One thing's for sure, Dad's not dumb. He's somehow managed to get a lot of smart people to take him seriously enough to keep arguing with him, despite the evident fact that it's not going to do a speck of good.

14. Physics_guy

+56
    I'm pretty sure they are just bored.

15. ImmortalTechnique

ImmortalTechnique Senior Veteran

+390
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    yeah sometimes it takes a while for new idiocy to come up, so you post wherever there's something new

16. Physics_guy

+56
    Not that I think this will do any good, but I'm bored as well, so why not:

Hey "dad," didn't you say that the "spirit" world and the "physical" world split when Adam sinned? So what exactly held this "vapor canopy" in place for the couple thousand odd years between Adam and Noah?

17. dad

+1,179
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

18. dad

+1,179
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Excellent. I'm glad some people are paying attention. Under this new idea in this thread, we have the split taking time to completely split. Kind of a slow burn. In other words, it now would not have split until the flood time. Perhaps some things were affected right away, others took more time?

19. dad

+1,179
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    . I like the choice of words here.

20. Douglaangu v2.0

+30
    Atheist
    Hold still, you're dodging again.

Good boy, thats just what I wanted to hear.

More to the point, there's no way to falsify your ideas.
    The moment something 'supernatural' is revealed to be a normal process or whatever, you can just claim there's still more, or we don't know enough or somesuch excuse.

I thought that you couldnt prove god, and that you had to accept his existance on faith alone? Or is that just an 'interpretation'?

I'm not talking about 'needing' the heat.
    I'm talking about the massive amount of energy that would be released when particals moving at an infinite speed impact.
    Unless of course you're going to say it doesn't matter, and we'll all live in a magicworld without consequences and without evidence or justification or basis in reality.
    A fantasty land if you will.

I gottacha.

Everything you've been talking about is you trying to rationalise the inconsistances that the your biblical interpretation has with reality.
    "The earth is 6000 years old, but there are stars more and 6000 light years away, therefore lightspeed must have been infinite before the 'split"
    "My biblical endtimes fantasy violates known laws of physics therefore the laws must be wrong and ignorable"

You STILL didn't answer the question.
    Why is your interpretation of the layout of the universe as detailed in the bible, correct when others are not?Hell, I'll even rephrase it for you.

Why is your interpretation of the bibles description of the universe correct, when others are not?