Was Ceremonial Law Abolished?

Were "ceremonial" laws abolished despite Yahshua's direct instruction?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Can you say that you even know him?

(CLV) 1Jn 2:4
He who is saying that "I know Him" and is not keeping His precepts, is a liar, and the truth of God is not in this one.
Lets go back to rom ch 7. You believe Paul the Christian was sold as a slave to breaking God's laws/sin, he could not do the good he wanted to do but the evil he did not want to do this he kept on doing. He was sins slave and sin was his master. How does verse 25 help you. You sin in the flesh. So I imagine you do not believe Paul knew God either

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Why are you quoting scripture to me?

For your benefit.

(CLV) Ro 2:25
For circumcision, indeed, is benefiting if you should be putting law into practice, yet if you should be a transgressor of law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.

Upvote 0

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
For your benefit.

(CLV) Ro 2:25
For circumcision, indeed, is benefiting if you should be putting law into practice, yet if you should be a transgressor of law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.
continue on to verse29

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Yet not even Titus, who was with me, was compelled to be circumcised, even though he was a Greek. 4 This matter arose because some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves. Gal2:3&4

Again, you post scripture as if it somehow proves your point...and it doesn't because you do not understand it in context

Upvote 0

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Circumcision is not oral law
The circumcision being referenced is converting over to Judaism, and seeking righteousness through their teachings... it’s not a blanket statement warning against circumcision according to what God commanded Abraham. He uses the word circumcision to refer to the process of converting over, and joining their religion.

The context of letter to Galatians is disputing Judaizers trying to persuade the Galatians to convert to their religion(the one Paul left)... they taught righteousness through adherence to their teachings and rituals(works of the law).

Righteousness is through faith & obeying the Law of Moses, not obeying manmade commandments.

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Here is where we differ about the context. Verse 25 is the culmination of keeping the law with a sinful flesh that had been the only way it was done for centuries since Moses, but before Christ.

You haven't grasped yet that Jesus came to take us out of our sinful flesh nature and change it to a divine nature that keeps the law naturally, and not against our nature, without the struggle of Romans 7. That is becoming born again of the Spirit.

With the divine nature that loves righteousness, we are naturally moral and loving to our fellow human beings. We do what God does because we are children of God. When we absolutely know who we are in Christ with Him a part of us, we can heal the sick, hear Him tell us His will, and have sweet communion with Him moment by moment. And we are not bogged down with constantly fighting temptations, because like Christ they are not in our desire to commit anyway. All we want to do for the rest of our days is keep growing more and more like Christ.

I know we differ on what our obedience to Christ means. You believe in keeping all the feasts, and that is fine, and you honor God by doing so. I just believe that in Christ, He is all I need. And I honor God in that way. And He accepts me as a child of God, because He has given me His Own Spirit.

You and I are very close to agreement. If YHWH dwells within us, we should see abundant fruit.

However, I believe that Paul was strong in his faith; yet there was still spiritual war.

Here is what scripture says about Yahshua himself:

(CLV) Hb 4:15
For we have not a Chief Priest not able to sympathize with our infirmities, but One Who has been tried in all respects like us, apart from sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
... it’s not a blanket statement warning against circumcision according to what God commanded Abraham.

The context of letter to Galatians is disputing Judaizers trying to persuade the Galatians to convert to their religion(the one Paul left)... they taught righteousness through adherence to their teachings and rituals(works of the law).

Righteousness is through faith & obeying the Law of Moses, not obeying manmade commandments.

Well yes, that was my point Akhi! I just meant that circumcision was in the Torah, not originally from the oral law of the Pharisees...

• Friendly
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then why will they be practiced in the Kingdom to come.

By the way, the fall feasts have not been fulfilled. These are standing appointments with YHWH, forever, as it is written.

Give me an example of the feasts you think haven't been fulfilled.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
However, I believe that Paul was strong in his faith; yet there was still spiritual war.

See, I don't believe Paul still had a spiritual war like those in Romans 7. In Romans 8:2 he says he is made free of the law of sin and death; IOW a spiritual war.

One problem I see with many who relate themselves to the struggle of Romans 7 is there is a chapter break before they see that Romans 8:2 is freedom from the struggle. Why? Because there is no struggle when a person has been born again of the Spirit. They are still in the flesh, and without the Spirit of Christ in them resolving this struggle with the carnal flesh, they do not belong to Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Again, you post scripture as if it somehow proves your point...and it doesn't because you do not understand it in context
Those who want to impress people by means of the flesh are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. Gal6:12
Well I suppose you make context whatever you want

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(CLV) Ja 2:21
Abraham, our father, was he not justified by works when offering up his son Isaac on the altar?

(CLV) Ja 2:22
You are observing that faith worked together with his works, and by works was faith perfected.

(CLV) Ja 2:23
And fulfilled was the scripture which is saying, Now "Abraham believes God, and it is reckoned to him for righteousness," and he was called "the friend of God."

(CLV) Ja 2:24
You see that by works a man is being justified, and not by faith only.

Yes, faith >>>>> might result in good works.
But we all know that's a one way street.
A brick mason building a cathedral does not create a saved Christian.
My dad is an example.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Those who want to impress people by means of the flesh are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. Gal6:12
Well I suppose you make context whatever you want

I am circumcised. I believe in Yeshua. Do you understand now what he was saying?

Upvote 0

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Again, you really do no understand any of this...
Then explain it to me, as you believe you understand Paul and I do not. When specifically was he speaking of in the following. How was sin able through Paul's knowledge of the commandment to arouse all manner of concupiscence in him. Why did the man mentioned become exceedingly sinfull through knowing that commandment:
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion
by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. Rom7:7-13

And why were sinfull passions aroused in the person mentioned through their knowledge of the ten commandments?

Upvote 0