Waikato
✟163,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, so the law of God written in our hearts keeps us from loving others and God?
No, the law written in our hearts is what made us Love God and others. (the law written in our hearts is the NC version ie SPIRIT/CHRIST of the law written on tablets of stone of the OC ie LETTER/ WRITTEN CODE). see 2Corins 3: 2-7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, the law written in our hearts is what made us Love God and others. (the law written in our hearts is the NC version ie SPIRIT/CHRIST of the law written on tablets of stone of the OC ie LETTER/ WRITTEN CODE).
You missed the point. If someone loves God supremely will they disobey Him? If someone loves their neighbor as themselves will they do them any kind of harm? Will they honor/respect their parents? How does that break the 10 commandments?

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You missed the point. If someone loves God supremely will they disobey Him? If someone loves their neighbor as themselves will they do them any kind of harm? Will they honor/respect their parents? How does that break the 10 commandments?
you mean by nature? the answer is NO. We are by nature are evil in our ways... you can Only Love God and others through the work of God within you.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
you mean by nature? the answer is NO. We are by nature are evil in our ways... you can Only Love God and others through the work of God within you.
I fully agree with that. But how does loving God supremely and others as ourselves through the power of the indwelling Spirit keep us from from keeping the commandments? There's a dichotomy in your thinking concerning the love of God in our lives and keeping the commandments. The scribe actually paraphrased the OT when he told the Jesus those principles and Jesus told him he was far from the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exodus 15: 26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.

Science has caught up to the fact that eating unhealthfully causes all kinds of diseases. It;s another Biblical example of God taking responsibility for evil when He is no way responsible for it.

If eating unhealthfully causes diseases then not eating unhealthfully helps prevent disease. Its an if/then statement in which both statements must be true.. In those days they didn't have an environment filled with toxins and carcinogens so the only way to get sick was to eat the wrong foods. As walking was the only way to get around so they got plenty of exercise.
Okay, so when it comes to saying what is a "health law", the passage that you posted from Exodus 15 says this
give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes
Are those God's "health laws"? His commandments, and all his statutes?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay, so when it comes to saying what is a "health law", the passage that you posted from Exodus 15 says this

Are those God's "health laws"? His commandments, and all his statutes?
You know God had given dietary restrictions after the flood and before sin. Commands from God are laws to us as long as they are in force for some of His laws are prophetic in nature such as the sanctuary services pointing to Jesus' death. As long as we are alive on this earth there is no end to the dietary laws as God is always concerned about our quality of life.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know God had given dietary restrictions after the flood and before sin. Commands from God are laws to us as long as they are in force for some of His laws are prophetic in nature such as the sanctuary services pointing to Jesus' death. As long as we are alive on this earth there is no end to the dietary laws as God is always concerned about our quality of life.
Gary, my man, the question is:
What is meant by "health laws"?

Are they all found in Leviticus 11?

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I fully agree with that. But how does loving God supremely and others as ourselves through the power of the indwelling Spirit keep us from from keeping the commandments? There's a dichotomy in your thinking concerning the love of God in our lives and keeping the commandments. The scribe actually paraphrased the OT when he told the Jesus those principles and Jesus told him he was far from the kingdom of heaven.
for us, to love God and to keep His commandments is first to "know Him" its a process through the work of the Spirit (NC), but once we know Him fully we "believe in Him" then we received the Spirit. then the Spirit/Christ within us fills us with the fullness of God's Love also to enable us to Keep ALL commandments including the 10 commandments.

this the main difference in OC and NC is the work of the "spirit".

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Gary, my man, the question is:
What is meant by "health laws"?

Are they all found in Leviticus 11?
No. Why would you ask that? I've already said that.

So you're going to argue that a command by God concerning not getting diseases has nothing to do with health? I can see no other reason for your other question, for the umpteenth time. Or, that God shouldn't be concerned with our health while we live in a world of sin?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. Why would you ask that? I've already said that.
You've already said that all the "health laws" are found in Leviticus 11, or that some are outside of Leviticus 11?

So you're going to argue that a command by God concerning not getting diseases has nothing to do with health?
No, I'm not arguing that. I'm asking you what is meant by "health laws".

If you're referring to Exodus 15, it says "pay attention to his commandments, and keep all his statutes".

Are those the "health laws"? "His commandments and all his statutes"?

I can see no other reason for your other question, for the umpteenth time.
What do you mean by "other question"? What questions do you perceive me to be asking?

The reason I keep asking about the "health laws" is that I don't recall a clear definition of what is meant by that term.

If you gave a clear definition somewhere, and I missed it, please give the post number :)

Or, that God shouldn't be concerned with our health while we live in a world of sin?
I think God is very concerned with our health.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You've already said that all the "health laws" are found in Leviticus 11, or that some are outside of Leviticus 11?

No, I'm not arguing that. I'm asking you what is meant by "health laws".

If you're referring to Exodus 15, it says "pay attention to his commandments, and keep all his statutes".

Are those the "health laws"? "His commandments and all his statutes"?

What do you mean by "other question"? What questions do you perceive me to be asking?

The reason I keep asking about the "health laws" is that I don't recall a clear definition of what is meant by that term.

If you gave a clear definition somewhere, and I missed it, please give the post number :)

I think God is very concerned with our health.
I changed my mind as I had forgotten about the changes of diet after the flood.

Health laws? We've discussed this ad infinitum. They are the clean and unclean animals that God defined along with not eating blood because it is the life thereof.

Nothing more to them. You don't even follow the no blood rule set up by the Jerusalem council so you are not the least bit interested in the health laws.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,704.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
thanks @reddogs, is your answer "yes"? You can keep the OC law including the 10 Commandments?
Day by day, I get stronger in the Lord and I keep asking for His help and He brings me along on the path.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I changed my mind as I had forgotten about the changes of diet after the flood.
It seems like a good thing that we kept discussing it, then :heart:

Health laws? We've discussed this ad infinitum.
I like to keep asking until a clear answer is given.

They are the clean and unclean animals that God defined along with not eating blood because it is the life thereof.
"Health laws" refers only to animals? Food which is otherwise clean, such as a vegetable or even water can become unclean. But that law is not a health law?

Nothing more to them. You don't even follow the no blood rule set up by the Jerusalem council so you are not the least bit interested in the health laws.
I'm interested in learning what people mean by the phrase "health laws".

But you're correct that I don't keep any parts of the law of Moses literally. And I do view the council at Jerusalem as issuing temporary measures.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It seems like a good thing that we kept discussing it, then :heart:

I like to keep asking until a clear answer is given.

"Health laws" refers only to animals? Food which is otherwise clean, such as a vegetable or even water can become unclean. But that law is not a health law?

I'm interested in learning what people mean by the phrase "health laws".

But you're correct that I don't keep any parts of the law of Moses literally. And I do view the council at Jerusalem as issuing temporary measures.

Do you use clay pots and drinking vessels that absorb anything that's in the water placed it them? This is just plain common sense that this has passed away as technology has increased. The situation created the need for the law. Just like the point in history required a symbolic worship service to point forward to Jesus.

This is so obvious I find it astounding that so many Christians act as if they are oblivious to it.

Upvote 0