Was Ceremonial Law Abolished?

Were "ceremonial" laws abolished despite Yahshua's direct instruction?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟991,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dkh587 said:
Why would the Gentiles ask Paul to come back and preach again, if they weren’t in the synagogues to hear it preached the first time?
were they peeking in a window and listening in?
Acts 18:4
And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.
It’s not disputable that Gentiles were in the synagogues.
Exactly, they were outside listening. Uncircumcised gentiles would not have been allowed in the synagogues. They talked to Paul after the Jews went out. If they were welcome in the synagogues why did they ask Paul to preach specifically to them. All they had to do was show up at the synagogues and they would hear Paul.
.....I guess your argument is that Jesus was lying when He said his followers would be driven out of the synagogues and even killed? Folks that want to pretend that the NT writers were trying to make Jews out of gentiles forget, that before he was forcibly converted, Paul was persecuting Christians. That persecution never ceased.
One verse mentioning Greeks, NOT gentiles, does not mean every synagogue. If they were "in the synagogue" they would have been Jewish proselytes.
Was Jesus lying in the following verses? Or folks who claim that uncircumcised gentiles were welcome in the synagogues?

Matthew 10:17-18
17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
Matthew 23:34
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mark 13:9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against theLuk_21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
John 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) 1Pt 1:14
As obedient children, not configuring~ to the former desires, in your ignorance,....

You keep posting all your copy and paste verses, pulled completely out of their contexts, as if that is an acceptable practice among those of us who care about integrity in application and usage of what we consider key verses to the case we present. And then you INJECT words into any discussion you do provide, as if those extra meanings can be found anywhere in the text. What's with that? How does that climb to the level of being taken at all seriously?

Is THAT the best you can do to try and bolster your case? No discussion about the contexts, and how those contexts apply to your usage of those verses? All you're doing is assuming meaning into key words in those verses as if by magic, it all fits together into some semblance of cohesive unity for establishing your case. No theologian who is concerned with an honest handling of God's word would ever give any of us a passing grade for that.

How about presenting by example? I quoted numerous verses IN THEIR CONTEXTS, highlighted and even underlined the key sections so that you could see that I was consistent and not ADDING words that are not there. I've already said the magic parlor tricks are not at all impressive. Let's keep this on the level of retaining the harmony of scripture, shall we?

The grade of your copy-n-paste posts is FFF!

Jr

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0