Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He says those who teach that even the least of these commandment is abolished, will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. Tzittzit, not shaving the sides of the beard, and not wearing mixed fibres definitely have a spiritual meaning. But they are also physical and will benefit you if you obey them, as they serve as physical material reflection of the spiritual ( to be Set Apart ).

Men have beards because God created them. Shaving it off is conforming to the pressure of world. The beard also blocks wind noise and thus gives a better sense of hearing in windy conditions and prevents hearing damage from wind noise.
Pagans shaved off the sides, wore goatees or shaved all of it.
But beards are there to create a strong gender distinction. Clean shaved faces are harder to distinct from the feminine. It is a spirit of Rome that pushes the clean shaven face.

Unmixed fabrics work better because different animal and wool fibres have opposing qualities. Mixing them in the weave makes absolutely no sense and creates a worse garment. But you are allowed to wear 100 procent linen and wools together to get the best qualities of both. Of course the unmixed fabrics stand for not mixing with pagan practises, but not to the detriment of the physical implementation. You have to understand both. It is for your best benefit to obey Yehovah. He knows what is best for us. Don't try to be smarter than Him.

If the physical aspect of Torah wasn't important, satan wouldnt be causing pork to be so popular and readily available, and nearly all clothes and socks these days frm China are made of mixed fibres, and he makes it fashionable to wear torn jeans. The world loves to do everything opposite to Torah.
Unfortunately not all of us can grow a decent beard. I look extremely scruffy with a full beard as there are blank spots in it and any where other than my upper lip and chin is so thin my skin is visible. So I choose not to look like a bum. I'm 70, btw. Couldn't even grow a decent van dyke until I was in my 50s.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. There are severe consequences for not following them. A suggestion would not have these kinds of consequences.
Okay, not suggestions. But not really laws, either... Since the only eternal laws would be the Ten Commandments, if I'm following you right :heart:

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He says those who teach that even the least of these commandment is abolished, will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. Tzittzit, not shaving the sides of the beard, and not wearing mixed fibres definitely have a spiritual meaning. But they are also physical and will benefit you if you obey them, as they serve as physical material reflection of the spiritual ( to be Set Apart ).

Men have beards because God created them. Shaving it off is conforming to the pressure of world. The beard also blocks wind noise and thus gives a better sense of hearing in windy conditions and prevents hearing damage from wind noise.
Pagans shaved off the sides, wore goatees or shaved all of it.
But beards are there to create a strong gender distinction. Clean shaved faces are harder to distinct from the feminine.
It is a spirit of Rome that pushes the clean shaven face.
Interesting idea :heart:
I've heard that as civilizations age, the genders tend to become less distinct, things like statues becoming more androgynous.

Unmixed fabrics work better because different animal and wool fibres have opposing qualities. Mixing them in the weave makes absolutely no sense and creates a worse garment. But you are allowed to wear 100 procent linen and wools together to get the best qualities of both. Of course the unmixed fabrics stand for not mixing with pagan practises, but not to the detriment of the physical implementation. You have to understand both. It is for your best benefit to obey Yehovah. He knows what is best for us. Don't try to be smarter than Him.

If the physical aspect of Torah wasn't important, satan wouldnt be causing pork to be so popular and readily available, and nearly all clothes and socks these days frm China are made of mixed fibres, and he makes it fashionable to wear torn jeans. The world loves to do everything opposite to Torah.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

AMBASSADOR HAT

A friendly reminder that this thread is not about whether the Mosaic laws or dietary restrictions benefit us today, but about whether the Sabbath is still part of the Ten Commandments that all believers should follow, as the OP has asserted to be the case. Please stay on topic. Thank you.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay, not suggestions. But not really laws, either... Since the only eternal laws would be the Ten Commandments, if I'm following you right :heart:
No. In heaven we will follow God health laws and that's forever. There will be no meat eating, no junk food. nothing unhealthy. Get used to it here rather than indulging your appetite.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 10 commandments are God's eternal law, That's why He wrote them on stone. the rest were written on animal skins or something similar demonstrating their temporary nature.

Also the 10 commandments were put under the mercy seat and none of those transcribed were. They were placed in a pocket in the side of the ark. Symbolizing they were not covered by God's mercy.

Deuteronomy 31: 24 ¶ And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished,
25 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying,
26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.
27 For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death?

Are you saying that the Ten Commandments are the only eternal laws that God has given?

Only the Ten Commandments are covered by God's mercy, laws about clean and unclean animals are not covered?

Am I understanding you right so far?

AMBASSADOR HAT

A friendly reminder that this thread is not about whether the Mosaic laws or dietary restrictions benefit us today, but about whether the Sabbath is still part of the Ten Commandments that all believers should follow, as the OP has asserted to be the case. Please stay on topic. Thank you.

No. In heaven we will follow God health laws and that's forever. There will be no meat eating, no junk food. nothing unhealthy. Get used to it here rather than indulging your appetite.
When the Sabbath and the Ten Commandments are discussed in isolation from the rest of the scriptures, a great case can be made for keeping the Sabbath :heart:

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When the Sabbath and the Ten Commandments are discussed in isolation from the rest of the scriptures, a great case can be made for keeping the Sabbath :heart:

You know I disagree with that. The Sabbath is integral to salvation which is found throughout the Bible.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know I disagree with that. The Sabbath is integral to salvation which is found throughout the Bible.
It looks to me like a lot of other laws are also integral. But discussing those other laws leads to "mod hat on". So what to do?

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

AMBASSADOR HAT

It looks to me like a lot of other laws are also integral. But discussing those other laws leads to "mod hat on". So what to do?

I’m not a moderator, and my post didn’t apply to what you and GaryK were discussing. Discussing how other laws are integral to the Sabbath’s abolition (or not abolition) is very much allowed. That Ambassador Hat was meant to address some posts by a new member above which were talking about things that were seemingly unrelated to the topic. Said new member didn’t even talk about his views on the Sabbath at all.

It’s also quite possible, since I’m rather unfamiliar with how this debate works, that the previous reminder was done in error. I’m willing to admit that I’m only human and I make mistakes. In short, you may ignore me and continue on with your discussion.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Our positions are so far apart they will never coincide as far as I'm concerned so let's just let it drop.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

AMBASSADOR HAT

I’m not a moderator, and my post didn’t apply to what you and GaryK were discussing. Discussing how other laws are integral to the Sabbath’s abolition (or not abolition) is very much allowed. That Ambassador Hat was meant to address some posts by a new member above which were talking about things that were seemingly unrelated to the topic. Said new member didn’t even talk about his views on the Sabbath at all.

It’s also quite possible, since I’m rather unfamiliar with how this debate works, that the previous reminder was done in error. I’m willing to admit that I’m only human and I make mistakes. In short, you may ignore me and continue on with your discussion.
Thank you so much for clarifying that :heart: My apologies, my eyes totally missed the "Ambassador Hat".

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you so much for clarifying that :heart: My apologies, my eyes totally missed the "Ambassador Hat".
Yeah. The CF Senior Ambassador Hats are to help new members get used to the CF rules, as far as I’m aware. It’s a forum mentor job, not a moderator.

This has never been clarified anywhere either - I had to ask a bunch of questions when I took on this job. Historically this position has existed on CF for a long time, but it hasn’t really been filled or doing much for the past 4 years.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah. The CF Senior Ambassador Hats are to help new members get used to the CF rules, as far as I’m aware. It’s a forum mentor job, not a moderator.

This has never been clarified anywhere either - I had to ask a bunch of questions when I took on this job. Historically this position has existed on CF for a long time, but it hasn’t really been filled or doing much for the past 4 years.
And I want to say "Thank you for your service" - I assume it's a volunteer position! :heart:

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0