Trump launches blatant racist attack on democrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Blue Lives Matter is an organization of law enforcement officers formed in reaction to Black Lives Matter.
In the context of the OP it is important that we represent these issues well and not stuff them with straw. An army of strawmen will have no victories. We all know Blue lives don't represent an ethnicity/race (even if it does represent a organized group) so let's not turn issues of race to these silly games which is what we see Trump doing.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
But not necessarily the Trumps personally. As owners though, they are responsible for the actions of their employees and the promise they made was to ensure that employees to follow the law. To read the consent and determine that the Trumps were personally violating the law is reading into it something that is not there.

Are you suggesting Trump’s employees went rogue and made enough racist actions the US Department of Justice stepped on before Trump could stop it? Sounds like a pathetic leader to me. No wonder world leaders laugh at him.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
In the context of the OP it is important that we represent these issues well and not stuff them with straw. An army of strawmen will have no victories. We all know Blue lives don't represent an ethnicity/race (even if it does represent a organized group) so let's not turn issues of race to these silly games which is what we see Trump doing.
Your logic is incorrect, but your post is off-topic anyway.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you moving the goalposts? Let us all remember what you posted:

Do you stand by this statement? Can you provide any actual, non-anecdotal data to support it?

Keeping minorities in their political 'care and custody' is racism.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
So everyone has to like it?
No, you just have to get used to it. What you were culturally and ethnically assimilated to (as you put it) has changed; there is no going back and no reason to try. It was never the definitive America.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Believing blacks to be less evolved is racist and that they are lazier is pure racism, those are the exact thoughts of white people in the 19th century (and unfortunately throughout the 20th and 21st century). All the other claims grew out of those primarily racist facets.

Surely some of those claims grew out of observation and experience, wouldn't you say?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, you just have to get used to it. What you were culturally and ethnically assimilated to (as you put it) has changed; there is no going back and no reason to try.

Have you ever heard of "white flight"?

Sure, times change even when nothing has really changed. "You can't go home."

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever heard of "white flight"?

Sure, times change even when nothing has really changed. "You can't go home."
Which are increasingly isolated and alienated from what America really is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Surely some of those claims grew out of observation and experience, wouldn't you say?
Racist comments made about black people in the 19th century being used today in 21st century is an apt observation. The statements are still racist and based off prejudice and bigotry, not reality.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not only did he not say that to a white person who immigrated from a European country, he MARRIED her. Chain migration for me, not for thee.
Was Melania criticizing the US?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course it isn't racism unless all sorts of other conditions are met.

I think that other condition might be education, which is thoroughly controlled by Democrats. Keeping them ignorant will keep them voting for Democrats.

As he patronizingly bantered with a youngster who was attending a litter of newborn puppies the Democrat candidate asked if the pups were Democrats or Republicans, to which the lad politely answered, "Democrats, of course, sir."

A few weeks later the candidate had occasion to visit the same family, and again asked the boy if the puppies were still good Democrats, to which the boy replied grinningly, "Oh no sir, since they've opened their eyes they've become Republicans."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Racist comments made about black people in the 19th century being used today in 21st century is an apt observation. The statements are still racist and based off prejudice and bigotry, not reality.

I'm only speaking for myself.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you just here to bait people? You, of course, have ZERO evidence to support the long-discredited notion that black are less evolved than whites.

This is the problem with internet forums like this - people can sit safely behind their keyboards and make all sorts of unsupportable statements with no accountability whatsoever.

In any event, I suspect you know all-too-well that personal impressions and experiences are profoundly unreliable when it comes to answering the broad, sweeping, highly technical question as to whether one race is more "evolved" than another.

I suspect you are just getting pleasure out of poking at people with such inflammatory statements. And, I would bet, you are counting on getting enough of a rise out of people to bring about closure of the thread.

Thus rescuing you from having to support claims that you surely know are deeply suspect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That depends on what you count as criticizing. Just the MAGA slogan itself could be considered criticism that we aren't currently great. It's a very subjective topic.
Did you lose track of what this discussion entailed? I think you must. That's OK, I said my piece.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you just here to bait people? You, of course, have ZERO evidence to support the long-discredited notion that black are less evolved than whites.

This is the problem with internet forums like this - people can sit safely behind their keyboards and make all sorts of unsupportable statements with no accountability whatsoever.

In any event, I suspect you know all-too-well that personal impressions and experiences are profoundly unreliable when it comes to answering the broad, sweeping, highly technical question as to whether one race is more "evolved" than another.

I suspect you are just getting pleasure out of poking at people with such inflammatory statements. And, I would bet, you are counting on getting enough of a rise out of people to bring about closure of the thread.

Thus rescuing you from having to support claims that you surely know are deeply suspect.

I made no specific reference to anything that I did or did not agree with in regard to that post. And no one asked. Observations and opinions aren't necessarily condemnations.

As well, someone's negative experience with minorities (or the majority) is as valid as another's positive experience. Both can be useful in reconciling differences.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.