Farmington
✟23,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Which, if say, Poland hosts F-16 and they are launched against Russia in Ukraine, Russia could bomb that base: which would be considered by NATO an attack on it's member country. So NATO starts the war by retaliating, and provokes war by hosting the F-16's.

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin scoffed at the possibility of his country launching an attack on a NATO member, calling it “sheer nonsense,” but warned that any Western air base hosting U.S.-made F-16 fighter jets that are slated for deployment in Ukraine would be a “legitimate target” for the Kremlin’s forces.

“Their statements about our alleged intention to attack Europe after Ukraine is sheer nonsense,” Putin said late Wednesday, referring to warnings in the U.S. and Western Europe that Russia could turn its sights on other countries unless it’s stopped.

He noted that the U.S. defense budget is more than 10 times higher than Russia’s.

“In view of that, are we going to wage a war against NATO? It’s ravings,” he told military pilots during a visit to an air base.

Ukraine is awaiting the delivery of F-16s, which will increase military pressure on Russia, from its Western partners. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said last year that 42 F-16s had been promised. Ukrainian pilots have been training in the West for months on how to fly the warplanes.

The F-16s require a high standard of runways and reinforced hangars to protect them from bombing attacks when they are on the ground. It’s not clear how many Ukrainian air bases can meet those requirements, and Russia would be certain to quickly target a few that could accommodate them once the jets arrive.

Putin warned Ukraine’s Western allies against providing air bases in their countries from where the F-16s could launch sorties against the Kremlin’s forces. Those bases would become a “legitimate target,” he said.

“F-16s are capable of carrying nuclear weapons, and we will also need to take that into account while organizing our combat operations,” Putin added.

Military analysts have said the arrival of F-16s won’t be a game-changer in view of Russia’s massive air force and sophisticated air defense systems, though Ukrainian officials have welcomed them as an opportunity to hit back at Russia’s air dominance.

• Informative
Reactions: Vambram

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Which, if say, Poland hosts F-16 and they are launched against Russia in Ukraine, Russia could bomb that base: which would be considered by NATO an attack on it's member country. So NATO starts the war by retaliating, and provokes war by hosting the F-16's.
Anything to get pootie off the hook.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“F-16s are capable of carrying nuclear weapons, and we will also need to take that into account while organizing our combat operations,” Putin added.

Ummm....well, Ukraine would need a nuclear weapon first.....
Just more fear-mongering by Putin.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
...in any case, I don't think F-16's will make much of a difference at this phase of the war. Ukraine will certainly not achieve air superority with a few dozen F-16s.

Nope, and even Ukraine says that. They just think they can use them to inflict a little more damage. Putin must be thinking NATO may sneak a nuclear weapon aboard one of their craft. Or else he thinks Ukraine has some rogue nukes.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well... what would we do? Russian fighters based in Cuba attack US targets in the northern hemisphere?
Do you think we would sit by and do nothing?
I was eight years old when we almost had a nuclear war over a similar situation.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Well... what would we do? Russian fighters based in Cuba attack US targets in the northern hemisphere?
Do you think we would sit by and do nothing?
I was eight years old when we almost had a nuclear war over a similar situation.

Absolutely, and I even vaguely remember that incident.
And I'm quite sure we would hit Cuba if any attack were launched from there.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely, and I even vaguely remember that incident.
And I'm quite sure we would hit Cuba if any attack were launched from there.
I was playing in a neighbor's yard that day. I heard my mother screaming, telling me to come home. She was well aware of what such a war would do. My father was based in Nagasaki during the occupation, building an airstrip. We lived in a town with 2 large aluminum plants. Everyone knew we were ground zero. Quite a day indeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ukraine isn't going to fly combat sorties against Russia from bases in Poland or any other country than their own.

If Putin did attack any weapons intended for shipment to Ukraine while they were in a NATO country that would be an act of war against NATO -- and Putin knows this. This is 99% bluster and it won't stop the delivery of F-16's to Ukraine.

Upvote 0