United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Democrats have a choice in Dean Phillips
I hadn't paid any attention to him, but now I see that most of his private sector career was spent making gelato and plastic bottle booze. That sounds like my kinda guy.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, it was a reference to him being a complete unknown. Somebody I have to look up is not a strong candidate.
He would be the answer to the folks who say: "I don't care for Biden... But TRUMP!!!"

Upvote 0

Green Sun

404: Star not found
Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No he wouldn't, because nobody has any idea who he is and thus he is not going to beat Trump.
Yeah, this is the main thing.

He's obviously has been doing a poor job at running, since most people haven't heard of him in the first place.

Adding onto his problems are that his campaign has also done a terrible job at getting on ballots, since it's a combination of 1) poor campaigning means they can't get people to sign on to the petitions states require for ballot access and 2) his campaign simply failing to meet the deadlines or file any of the initial paperwork in the first place.

You do have to actually attempt to get on the ballot, it turns out. (And yes, I know New Hampshire has an oddity where Dean is the only candidate on the Ballot for the Dem Primary, due to NH being upset that they wouldn't be first in the new primary schedule - That's an exceptionally weird circumstance, and really does sorta ruin any chance he has to show that he's "better" anyways)

And, finally, most of the people that seem to be cheering on a Dean Phillips run wouldn't be voting for him in the primary or general anyways. I saw this a ton with RFK Jr. Republicans kept saying that he'd be an excellent person they'd vote for, and he clearly would sweep Biden... But if somehow RFK Jr. won? I strongly doubt the main voting bloc of the republican voter base would decide to switch from R to D on their ballots.

And that was with the very-right-wingy positions that RFK Jr. had in the first place - Dean Phillips is pretty darn close to being identical to Biden in terms of positions and policies. It'd be very, very doubtful to me that Republicans are genuinely interested in voting for him if he was in the General - It seems far more likely that they rather the Democrats have a nasty news cycle of Biden having to duke it out with a competitor, hoping that that would damage their chances in the General.

At the very least, it's been clear since 2020 that Trump would run effectively uncontested in the 2024 primary, being effectively the "Incumbent Republican" as it were.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
DeSantis was a Trump style candidate who's 45 vs 77 and could have had a full 8 year term. So in my opinion DeSantis would have been a better choice for those wanting that style of presidency.

I believe the Republican party would be better served right now with someone else, but the reason for that is because the democratic party won't stop trying to stop Trump from getting into office regardless of how many constitutional violations they have to commit.

That alone is why people aren't stopping supporting Trump. Because Trump is the only candidate we aren't being "allowed" to vote for, and he was a good president when in office...

So it's a hill people are willing to die on... And honestly not a bad hill to choose, if one gets to choose their hill.

I was hoping some other candidate would gain some momentum because I'm not in the mood to fight anymore.. but clearly it's time to stand on the hill with my conservative brethren and take what comes.

As a conservative anyway. Not everyone will make the same choice.

The Republican party didn't expect Trump to get the support... I bet their shocked.. they made everyone sign agreements so when Trump lost he wasn't splitting the party... lol

Even myself as a conservative am surprised my excitement for other candidates fell on deaf ears.

But it is what it is. Time to find a hill... Conservatives chose Trump already.

Trump's VP pick is more important than ever, I will say that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe the Republican party would be better served right now with someone else, but the reason for that is because the democratic party won't stop trying to stop Trump from getting into office regardless of how many constitutional violations they have to commit.
I've yet to see even one constitutional violation. Care to provide evidence that the Democratic party has committed any?

That alone is why people aren't stopping supporting Trump. Because Trump is the only candidate we aren't being "allowed" to vote for, and he was a good president when in office...
Well, that last part's debatable...but there are plenty of candidates you aren't "allowed" to vote for. George W. Bush for one. You also can't vote for Arnold Schwarzenegger. You also can't vote for Taylor Swift (though, you might be able to vote for her next year).

Though, to be fair, I don't know what state you're in, so Trump may very well be on the ballot in your state.

So it's a hill people are willing to die on... And honestly not a bad hill to choose, if one gets to choose their hill.

I was hoping some other candidate would gain some momentum because I'm not in the mood to fight anymore.. but clearly it's time to stand on the hill with my conservative brethren and take what comes.

The Republican party didn't expect Trump to get the support... I bet their shocked.. Even myself as a conservative am surprised my excitement for other candidates fell on deaf ears.

But it is what it is. Time to find a hill...
Hey, if you prefer someone guilty of fraud, sexual assault and defamation just because he says what you want to hear, that's your business. As you say, that's your hill to die on.

-- A2SG, just because I don't get it doesn't mean you can't die on that here hill...

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The Republican party didn't expect Trump to get the support... I bet their shocked.. they made everyone sign agreements so when Trump lost he wasn't splitting the party... lol

Even myself as a conservative am surprised my excitement for other candidates fell on deaf ears.

But it is what it is. Time to find a hill... Conservatives chose Trump already.

Trump's VP pick is more important than ever.
That's a very good summation.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, if you prefer someone guilty of fraud, sexual assault and defamation

You might find it interesting but I've yet to meet anyone who actually believes that who doesn't have a D behind their name....

I most certainly don't believe that nonsense.

It's lawfare in order to keep a candidate out of office and/or to stop them from running.

If I believed even for a second any of that was true I wouldn't vote for him, but the fact is all these silly lawsuits are falling on deaf ears because of the plethora of lies coming out of the mouths of those who hate Trump.

Because the Dems have judges and prosecutors in their back pockets is why we, as Americans should support Trump, not why we shouldn't.

And I'm not just saying that either. No one buys the lies anymore. It's been way way too transparent to sell... Even many who may have originally bought into the lies stopped buying it...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟245,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Then why were they chosen?
In America we choose our president the same way we choose that double Big-Mac meal. It seemed like a good choice at the time, but then, after a few bottles of Pepto Bismol, we realize it wasn't a good choice. At that point we go to McDonalds to assuage our conscience.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You might find it interesting but I've yet to meet anyone who actually believes that who doesn't have a D behind their name....
Um, it's a fact. It doesn't matter what your party affiliation is, Trump has been found guilty on those counts.

I most certainly don't believe that nonsense.
That's between you and reality, I guess. But facts are facts.

It's lawfare in order to keep a candidate out of office and/or to stop them from running.
No, it's the law. Something no one, not even Trump, is above. Oh, and just so you know...even if Trump is convicted of more crimes, and gets jail time, that will not prevent him from still running for president.

If I believed even for a second any of that was true I wouldn't vote for him, but the fact is all these silly lawsuits are falling on deaf ears because of the plethora of lies coming out of the mouths of those who hate Trump.
Your belief doesn't affect the truth: Trump has been found guilty of fraud, of sexual assault and defamation. There are more charges out there, who knows what else he may be found guilty of?

Because the Dems have judges and prosecutors in their back pockets is why we, as Americans should support Trump, not why we shouldn't.
I'm sure Trump will appeal each and every conviction, so if there are irregularities in any of the cases he's found guilty of, I'm sure it will come to light.

What will you do when the cases are proven valid and upheld, though?

And I'm not just saying that either. No one buys the lies anymore. It's been way way too transparent to sell... Even many who may have originally bought into the lies stopped buying it...
Here's the thing: courts use evidence. Judges decide guilt based on evidence. Juries determine verdicts based on evidence.

The evidence has shown Trump is guilty of fraud, of sexual assault and of defamation.

You can't just dismiss the evidence because you don't like what it says, or who it points to.

-- A2SG, well, I guess you can if you want to...but judges and juries can't.....

• Winner
Reactions: Green Sun
Upvote 0