Trump launches blatant racist attack on democrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You and anyone supporting this racist idiocy are what's wrong with this country and why it's falling apart and probably deserves to.

That you find this 'reasonable' coming from the President of the United States is even more distressing than the president being stupid enough to tweet it out.
There are many things LBJ said that would get me a permanent ban if I posted them here......

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I think he suggested they go back to their country of origin. Recall that most of their attacks on him are on behalf of migrants from a foreign country.
Three of them "originated" in the United States. All four of them are United States citizens.
Ocasio-Cortez's "country of origin" if you want to go back a generation or two, is Puerto Rico which is part of the United States. You would have to go back many generations indeed to find Pressley's "country of origin" in Africa.

What about you? What is your "country of origin" for purposes of being encouraged to leave the United States?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the Dems are much more racist than the GOP.

Not in my personal experience of nearly thirty years of involvement in NDN activism.

It has been conservatives, not liberals, who have consistently mocked, insulted, disrespected, demeaned and disparaged Native Americans, as well as their heritage, culture and history.

It has been conservatives, not liberals, who have been consistently opposed my activism efforts to stand up for Native American, other minorities, and LGBT related political and social justice issues.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If that's the case, he doesn't understand what a plural is. So it's either racist or an educational failure.
we all know Trump has grammar issues on Twitter.

(btw - your signature is a strawman, there are no blue people. I'm not bothered by the statement "Black lives matter" but I am bothered by the statement "Blue lives matter")

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Perhaps the Trumps were just trying to protect their business.

Please explain to me how needing to be told to not violate the Fair Housing Act by a U.S. District Court was protecting their business.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Only in this insane asylum we're now living in would it be 'reasonable' for the president to pick on a junior congresswoman and tell her to go back to her country while showing the world his own ignorance that he doesn't even know she was born in the United States.

There is literally nothing factual in what he said and you call this reasonable.

That's why this country is circling the drain.

We've been circling the drain for quite awhile. :eek:

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
we all know Trump has grammar issues on Twitter.

(btw - your signature is a strawman, there are no blue people. I'm not bothered by the statement "Black lives matter" but I am bothered by the statement "Blue lives matter")
Blue Lives Matter is an organization of law enforcement officers formed in reaction to Black Lives Matter.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Please explain to me how needing to be told to not violate the Fair Housing Act by a U.S. District Court was protecting their business.

What were they doing in violation of the Fair Housing Act?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Read the entire document, it is a consent decree. They deny any wrongdoing but agree to make sure the employees are abiding by the law. That is cheaper than fighting a lawsuit......

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Blue Lives Matter is an organization of law enforcement officers formed in reaction to Black Lives Matter.

I thought it meant the Smurfs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't think of a better representative for the GOP.

I remember it was acceptable to his conservative Christian supporters when he repeatedly misused the name of a young Native American girl and used Wounded Knee, the worst massacre of Native Americans, to viciously mock and insult Senator Warren. I think that says a lot about them.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Trump's tweets actually sounded quite reasonable.
Reasonable in the sense of shrewdly calculated to tickle the primitive "fear the outsider" neurons bubbling away in hindbrains, thereby promoting re-election? Yes.

Reasonable in the sense of ethical and in line with Christian principles? Certainly not.

Of course, I am NOT accusing you in particular of being any more susceptible than the rest of us to such appeals to the xenophobe that lurks within (we are all programmed in by evolution to fear the outsider).

Here is the key point as I see it: All human beings - all of us - are susceptible to these appeals to our amygdalas. The difference, I think, is the willingness to stand up to our inner caveman and commit to what the better angels of our nature (including the ability to think rationally) tell us: we all are better off if we overcome our innate inclination to fear those who don't look like us.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump's tweets actually sounded quite reasonable. Those four are causing more trouble than they're worth, especially for their own party. Their antics will surely help Trump get re-elected. Look for them to get even more shrill and nutty.
And Mr. Trump should go back to Germany if we are to hold to his logic.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Three of them "originated" in the United States. All four of them are United States citizens.
Ocasio-Cortez's "country of origin" if you want to go back a generation or two, is Puerto Rico which is part of the United States. You would have to go back many generations indeed to find Pressley's "country of origin" in Africa.

What about you? What is your "country of origin" for purposes of being encouraged to leave the United States?

Why do so many blacks still refer to themselves as African American? It seems they still have one foot back in Africa.

I am ethnically and culturally fully assimilated into the America that we all (most anyway) know and love. My ancestors came here as early as 1690 from England, and later from Europe and Scandinavia.

Puerto Rico is a possession/protectorate of the U.S. and could certainly use some attention from Washington. Who better than A.O.C.?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.