Midwest
✟161,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ron DeSantis Ends Campaign: "A Majority Of Republican Primary Voters Want To Give Donald Trump Another Chance"

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis suspended his presidential campaign and endorsed former President Trump in this video posted Sunday afternoon on Twitter, two days before the New Hampshire primary. "It's clear to me that a majority of Republican primary voters want to give Donald Trump another chance," DeSantis said. "They watched his presidency get stymied by relentless resistance and they see Democrats using lawfare to this day to attack him." "While I have had disagreements with Donald Trump, such as on the coronavirus pandemic and his elevation of Anthony Fauci, Trump is superior to the current incumbent, Joe Biden," he said. "I signed a pledge to support the Republican nominee, I will honor that pledge. He gets my endorsement because we can't go back to the old Republican guard of yesteryear, a repackaged form of warmed-over corporatism that Nikki Haley represents."

Full text of his speech is available at the link.

Green Sun

404: Star not found
Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Not surprising. It was always basically impossible for any of the Republican primary candidates to run against Trump. DeSantis couldn't attack Trump at all without getting eaten alive, and he had to praise Trump at every step of the way, so what was his pitch even.

It's the Party of Trump at the end of the day.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not surprising. It was always basically impossible for any of the Republican primary candidates to run against Trump. DeSantis couldn't attack Trump at all without getting eaten alive, and he had to praise Trump at every step of the way, so what was his pitch even.

It's the Party of Trump at the end of the day.
I agree, Desantis should have waited till after this election cycle. His chance would have been better but the media puffed him up.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I agree, Desantis should have waited till after this election cycle. His chance would have been better but the media puffed him up.
Isn’t that when Ivanka is supposed to run or is it Jrs turn then?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ron DeSantis Ends Campaign: "A Majority Of Republican Primary Voters Want To Give Donald Trump Another Chance"

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis suspended his presidential campaign and endorsed former President Trump in this video posted Sunday afternoon on Twitter, two days before the New Hampshire primary. "It's clear to me that a majority of Republican primary voters want to give Donald Trump another chance," DeSantis said. "They watched his presidency get stymied by relentless resistance and they see Democrats using lawfare to this day to attack him." "While I have had disagreements with Donald Trump, such as on the coronavirus pandemic and his elevation of Anthony Fauci, Trump is superior to the current incumbent, Joe Biden," he said. "I signed a pledge to support the Republican nominee, I will honor that pledge. He gets my endorsement because we can't go back to the old Republican guard of yesteryear, a repackaged form of warmed-over corporatism that Nikki Haley represents."

Full text of his speech is available at the link.

Oh wow.. that's surprising. He seemed like he was going to pull a Haley and stay in for a minute...

Well that's very respectful of him. He's got my vote next time around.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Green Sun

404: Star not found
Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I was hoping DeSantis would stick around until Ohio's primary.

I predict once Trump gets enough delegates, the Biden administration will have him jailed, so the Republicans will need a backup.
Why would DeSantis continue to burn his money, time, and effort on a campaign he knows he can't win?

I'm pretty confident that after New Hampshire, Haley will drop as well. Second place isn't enough to save her primary run.

Republicans wanted Trump, after all. Bit too late to suddenly want other options.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would DeSantis continue to burn his money, time, and effort on a campaign he knows he can't win?

I'm pretty confident that after New Hampshire, Haley will drop as well. Second place isn't enough to save her primary run.

Republicans wanted Trump, after all. Bit too late to suddenly want other options.
The GOPs primary system is a joke. Iowa and New Hampshire, always vote 1st and it's usually all but decided before it gets to Ohio, Florida.

No Republican has won the presidency without winning Ohio.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,823.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Isn’t that when Ivanka is supposed to run or is it Jrs turn then?
It used to be at least one turn of mike pence, but he has been removed from the line of succession due to his treacherous adherence to the law.

In the same line, there's probably already a next candidate for 2028 decided by the DNC, who will get pushed over Bernie Sanders. I wouldn't put it past them to actually have Biden run again in 2028 if he loses the next election and if he still has a pulse in four years.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It used to be at least one turn of mike pence, but he has been removed from the line of succession due to his treacherous adherence to the law.

In the same line, there's probably already a next candidate decided by the DNC, who will get pushed over Bernie Sanders.
I mean honestly, I can't blame the DNC for not backing Bernie either time. The man is a Democrat only when he's running for President.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,076.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, at least he tried.

Ron DeSantis was offered a participation trophy for his presidential campaign

-- A2SG, good effort, good effort....
He missed an opportunity there. A regular guy would have accepted it in good humour, joined in with the joke, put his arm around the guy and had a selfie. And then ask him if that was the best he could think of and ask the crowd 'Hey everyone, should this guy get the Worlds Worst Prankster award?' Followed by a quick whispered word in his ear.

C'mon Ron. Think on your feet.

Upvote 0