• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

This maybe disprove god but what do you think of it?

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by Principium, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Tone

Tone "Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great." Supporter

+6,578
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    ...sounds good...

2. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+6,608
    Atheist
    I like his view on funerals, "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours..."

3. Tone

+6,578
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    You do understand that all you have said are mere descriptive words for what the coiners of such...don't know?

Someone said to me yesterday that "Magic is unknown science". In other words, couldn't you just call all of your well written poetry ..."Abra cadabra"?

4. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+17,449
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    What do you make, then, of the empirical verification of various elements of that "well-written poetry," of successful practical applications?

5. Tone

+6,578
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Like I said...words are powerful.

*Especially with the power of faith behind them.

**Molds of perception...

6. Speedwell

+17,449
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Yes, there's nothing like a good story, but the practical applications are what really matter.

7. Tone

+6,578
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Exactly...

8. Tone

+6,578
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    "Your tongue is one of the most important parts of your body. It's small, but you depend on it to speak, sing, taste, and eat.

At the same time, your tongue is also one of the most dangerous parts about you (see James 3:5-6). In Proverbs 18:21, Solomon went as far as to say that "death and life are in the power of the tongue"
    The Power of Your Tongue

Think about His Words and what they hath wrought...and then think about science and technology.

9. Speedwell

+17,449
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Science and technology are about what works. Ontology is left to the stories we tell. For example, you might find it gratifying to believe that Ptolemy was right and the Earth is at the center of the Solar System, but you will still use Kepler's equations because they give accurate results and are much easier to solve.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Tone

+6,578
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Believing you are a conscious being living in an objective and rational world works. But, science does not explain this does it.

11. Speedwell

+17,449
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    I'm not sure I would go so far as to say rational. Apparently some sort of order prevails, but to call it rational implies that it is fully knowable. All we can do with our reason is attempt to model it.

12. Tone

+6,578
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    The fact that we have the ability to use our imaginations to perceive and name and categorize things and then craft a mold of perception for others to conform to and then build more complexity that works, speaks of our Creator given ability to create.

13. Speedwell

+17,449
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    OK. What's your point?

14. Tone

+6,578
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  15. Speedwell

+17,449
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Never mind, then. I thought you were on about the Bible, rather than the existence of God.

16. Astrophile

Astrophile Newbie

+1,246
    Atheist
    Widowed
    There is observational evidence for both dark energy and dark (i.e. non-baryonic) matter, although scientists don't know yet what these things are. That doesn't mean that dark energy are unobservable and undetectable in principle.

17. Tone

+6,578
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    As are all His shadows.

18. Principium

Principium Member

+23
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    I don`t know really what to believe or not, I never seem to get any help from god or jesus when I struggle with things

19. Principium

Principium Member

+23
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    Ah, I thought dark matter and energy was just nonsense

20. Monk Brendan

Monk Brendan Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,784
    United States
    Melkite Catholic
    Private
    US-Others
    God frequently works through people.

What does dark matter require that you need God to help you understand it?

I didn't know that dark energy was part of physics, but I'm not a physicist.